Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone else gotten the new Sprint BC with Calendar and Contacts? It is pretty cool and they have updated a lot of the interface.
    Cool! I wonder how similar it is the seven beta program. It would be nice to use a real product again. Something I can call and complain about when it doesn't work. :-)
    What is BC version?
    BC is Business Connection, an email service that's offered by Sprint (and actually a private label of Seven's software).
    what does any of this have to do with the Treo 650? Why not post in the Sprint forum??
    Is this service needed for people with Exchange 2003 and the 650? Won't activesync do this? It does seem like a great service. What do they mean by the 2way calendar stuff in 2005? How does it work now?
    Hey, how much is the monthly charge for bc?
    BC is FREE is your plan is 2000 minutes or more a month!
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings
    BC is FREE is your plan is 2000 minutes or more a month!
    There's no extra charge for using the personal edition if you specified the "Professional Pack" when you ordered your Vision service (it's included in your $15 Vision charge).
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    by one way sync and two way sync they mean that calendar syncing is only from the server to the device, so if you update your treo with an appointment, it wont automatically show up on the server. you need to cradle sync and then it will be in there. the functionality for changes to the device calendar to show up in outlook/notes is coming june/july next year
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
  11.    #11  
    realsyde, it has everything to do with the T650, Sprint is the only carrier it is available on so far...
    So dissapointed with the upgrade. The calandar functionality is terrible. Why set up a different calandar in BC??? It should just be shared with the Palm calandar...who is going to use 2?

I hope that june/july timeframe is accurate...
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCB37
    So dissapointed with the upgrade. The calandar functionality is terrible. Why set up a different calandar in BC??? It should just be shared with the Palm calandar...who is going to use 2?

I hope that june/july timeframe is accurate...

You don't need to use two if you sync outlook to your palm desktop already
    I agree w/BigC who wants to check 2 calendars. that's the reason my Outlook calendar at work gets no play from the daddeo
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    I'll have to try that when I get back to work
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    Quote Originally Posted by jasparks
    You don't need to use two if you sync outlook to your palm desktop already
    I was reffering to wireless calandar updates...thats all I wanted. They have some stupid BC calendar that no one will use. It doesnt have near the functionality of the palm OS calandar. It doesnt even have reminders or alarms! Its useless...
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I was reffering to wireless calandar updates...thats all I wanted. They have some stupid BC calendar that no one will use. It doesnt have near the functionality of the palm OS calandar. It doesnt even have reminders or alarms! Its useless...
    True...I guess we'll have to hope for it in the next version.
    The "BC calendar" is your Exchange calendar that you would see in Outlook if you connected Outlook to a Microsoft Exchange mail server. (This has no functionality if you're only using the Palm Desktop software.) Basically, the new BC client has added a "view" of your Exchange/Outlook mailbox's calendar. You can't update it from your Treo, but if you hotsync with Outlook (via Pocket Mirror), you'll see your live calendar in BC.

It's redundant, yes, but it's a step closer. For busy executives who have admin assistants that update their corporate calendar for them, this works just fine. The exec can look at his Treo while out of the office and see any appointments that the assistant put on the calendar. He/she doesn't have to be in the office to get an updated calendar.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    the main thing about the new version of bc is that it just sends an sms telling you there's new email... the seven beta actually sends an encoded sms that the client intercepts and gets the new mail.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Uh, the old version of BC did this. Doesn't the new one? Have you enabled push?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast