Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGhost
    Assuming you both have Treo 600's... maybe you can compare ROM versions to see if that is a difference.
    Software: Treo600-1.20-SPR
    Hardward: C

My alarms in BC worked just fine prior to upgrading to the new version: 6.3.1.506

Alarms for other applications like Agendus (Pro 8.06) and SnapperMail (Premier 1.9.2.01) work fine...and those applications have not been changed prior to or since upgrading to the newest version of BC.

I also run TreoHelper (v0.56).
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I know what the problem is now. The new version requires System Sound to be turned on. I have NEVER run my Palm OS devices with that turned on because it's just a waste of battery power, but it looks like the new version of Sprint BC requires it to be turned on in order to hear any alerts.

That sucks!
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Assuming you both have Treo 600's... maybe you can compare ROM versions to see if that is a difference.
    Works fine for me too. I have version 1.20
    Quote Originally Posted by jasparks
    Works fine for me too. I have version 1.20
    You have "System Sound" turned on in Palm OS Preferences, don't you? (i.e. your Treo makes noise when you press any of the hard keys, press on the screen, or move around in menus with the 5-way).
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget
    You have "System Sound" turned on in Palm OS Preferences, don't you? (i.e. your Treo makes noise when you press any of the hard keys, press on the screen, or move around in menus with the 5-way).
    Yup, but don't forget to check under "Mail" in the Prefs menu of BC. There is a setting for audible and vibrate notification. I don't have audible check, just because I don't like it. I have vibrate checked off.

Also, check your selector switch on top of your phone. Is it set to vibrate?
    Yup, but don't forget to check under "Mail" in the Prefs menu of BC. There is a setting for audible and vibrate notification. I don't have audible check, just because I don't like it. I have vibrate checked off.

Also, check your selector switch on top of your phone. Is it set to vibrate?
    I know about all that. My selector switch wasn't set to vibrate. My BC Alerts setting has "Audible notification" checked and set to "High" with a "Waterfall" ringtone selected (same settings I had under the older version). Vibrate is NOT checked. Nothing changed in the configuration when I upgraded. It simply NOW requires that System Sounds be turned on.

Bottom line: Somebody got lazy when they made this update.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

A dumb question but where do you see "System Sound"? I go to the Prefs App and select sounds in the upper right dropdown and then I have choices by Application.

A dumb question but where do you see "System Sound"? I go to the Prefs App and select sounds in the upper right dropdown and then I have choices by Application.
    Look on the "General" drop-down. It's right beneath the "Auto-off After" setting.

The "System Sound" setting makes all the feedback sounds (like when you tap the screen or move the 5-way or press any of the hard buttons). There are 4 settings: High, Medium, Low, and Off. BC's audible alert follows this setting (even if you tell it to be "High" in BC, if your System Sound setting is on Low, your BC alert will be Low).

Like I said, it sucks, and someone got lazy when they wrote the code for the updated version of BC. It used to operate independently of the System Sound setting.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I know about all that. My selector switch wasn't set to vibrate. My BC Alerts setting has "Audible notification" checked and set to "High" with a "Waterfall" ringtone selected (same settings I had under the older version). Vibrate is NOT checked. Nothing changed in the configuration when I upgraded. It simply NOW requires that System Sounds be turned on.

Bottom line: Somebody got lazy when they made this update.
    That's an interesting one. So you keep system sounds off to preserve battery power? Maybe contact Sprint to see if that's the case. I don't know what else it could be.
    That's an interesting one. So you keep system sounds off to preserve battery power? Maybe contact Sprint to see if that's the case. I don't know what else it could be.
    I've always turned System Sounds off in all my Palm OS devices. Alarms, etc. work fine without it. Like I said, the only reason for it is the feedback sounds for pressing buttons and screen items. But those same sounds use power, so I turn off that feature and my battery life has been good as a result.

This isn't the first time I've heard of an application REQUIRING System Sound to be on. It usually gets "fixed" in an update.

For now, I can live with it. I just don't like the fact that I had to turn my System Sound setting on to "fix" BC's audible alerts...especially since the previous version didn't require this.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

I want to set up Sprint Business connection to pop my gmail account, but the BC setup only allows me to set-up 2 accounts, and one of them has to be my sprintpcs mail account.

Is this correct, or am I doing something wrong? Or do I have to subscribe to something to add more accounts?
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    I want to set up Sprint Business connection to pop my gmail account, but the BC setup only allows me to set-up 2 accounts, and one of them has to be my sprintpcs mail account.

Is this correct, or am I doing something wrong? Or do I have to subscribe to something to add more accounts?
    I don't know for certain. I only use BC with my corporate mail account at work. I got BC as part of the Vision "Professional Pack" when I purchased my contract with Sprint. I think otherwise, you have to pay a monthly fee.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Tks... now I see it.

Look on the "General" drop-down. It's right beneath the "Auto-off After" setting.

The "System Sound" setting makes all the feedback sounds (like when you tap the screen or move the 5-way or press any of the hard buttons). There are 4 settings: High, Medium, Low, and Off. BC's audible alert follows this setting (even if you tell it to be "High" in BC, if your System Sound setting is on Low, your BC alert will be Low).

Like I said, it sucks, and someone got lazy when they wrote the code for the updated version of BC. It used to operate independently of the System Sound setting.
    You can setup more than 1 POP. Simply login to the Web interface and click on the Settings link and then click on the Add button of services. You can have a total of 3 services. I have two POP's and my corporate and one of them is Gmail as well. Click on "Use SSL" for both the POP and SMTP section.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson

Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Anyone know if you can open gifs or jpegs with BC...I tried it and got a message saying the type of file type is not supported. I have a gif/jpeg viewer

What gives?
    Insp- gadget- have you tried sproqit.com? I love it and have my pop account and desktop calendar on my PDA. You can try it for free.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123