Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    the main thing about the new version of bc is that it just sends an sms telling you there's new email... the seven beta actually sends an encoded sms that the client intercepts and gets the new mail.
    The old client does the same thing, but if you use any SMS client other than the "standard" one built in, you end up seeing the coded SMS messages. (This happens with Agendus Mail, for example.) Normally, BC would delete the messages so you never see them. This is basically the same triggered pull that you can do with TreoHelper to get SnapperMail to go fetch mail only when a new message comes in. The primary difference is that BC does everything in the background, so it looks like a "push".
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Uh, the old version of BC did this. Doesn't the new one? Have you enabled push?
    I don't see it in the prefs anymore....I think they took it out. BTW, does push work with other accounts you set up? i.e. yahoo

oops. never mind, it's in the drop down menu under "prefs", then "schedule"
    Quote Originally Posted by jasparks
    I don't see it in the prefs anymore....I think they took it out. BTW, does push work with other accounts you set up? i.e. yahoo
    Under Preferences, switch the drop-down to "Schedule". You'll see a check box for "Push messages to my device". It's still there, just in a different location.

I only use BC with my corporate e-mail (no POP/IMAP accounts), so I don't know what it does with those types of accounts.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Maybe this is a really stupid question, but HOW do you add appointments to the calendar in BC?? I do not see a way to do that!

I texsted appointment acceptance and cancellations and it works like a champ.. but if you can not add things on the go with it, why use it?
    You can't. Bummer, eh?
    Its redicukous. And they want to reassign your calendar button to launch that APP?? Why? So you cant use your treo to put in calendar appointments??

You can do all these things with meetings now and you cant even initiate anything from that calendar!!
    The BC calandar is useless. Unless we all have assistants typing in our appointments from the office. Even still you would have to check 2 different calendar programs. I mean why did they even come out with this? Its a waste of everybody's time.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    realsyde, it has everything to do with the T650, Sprint is the only carrier it is available on so far...
    Not true, I use BCEE for my T-Mobile Treo 600 users. Any palm client phone can use it.
    The Push functionality will only be shown if you have setup the account from the PCS Business Connection (ie redirector). Web connectors that are setup for IMAP and POP will not show the Push functionality.

One thing to note that is new in 6.3.x is that from the Desktop is that you can select POP which was not there before from what I recall. It will allow you to push (triggerred SMS Pull) from it if you set it up from there. Remember though that you only can have one active account from the desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by jasparks

oops. never mind, it's in the drop down menu under "prefs", then "schedule"
    Last edited by MobileGhost; 11/16/2004 at 11:59 AM.
    You have the ability to take away Business Connection assigning the Devices Calendar button. Simply click on the Calendar button, go to the Menu and select Settings -> Preferences and you will see a checkbox where this will be turned off.

The Calendar portion from the client is strictly a one way-view as most have discovered. Previously you did Calendar activity through Blazer and going through the Web Interface. For those savvy folks... you will note this interface still seems to be there.... and if you look real closely you'll see an add appt button.

Looking at the bigger picture what has happened with this upgrade is that they added Calendar view portion to the regular client piece. It seems the demand and frustration is that a lot of people think that it should be integrated with the Palm Calendar and of course it should be two way. I find the new Calendar view useful when I have people inviting me to meetings all the time and I'm OOF and need to get an update from Outlook for example. You can acknowledge / decline or tentative the meeting as well from this new functionality as the email client has the buttons in the email to allow you to do this and that will communicate back to the Calendar.

Integrating to the Palm Calendar is a bit like a religous discussion with lots of points or view. If you integrate then you are held hostage by the Palm way of doing things and any bugs associated with that implementation under the scenes. Analogous are the Browser wars which are now swinging back against IE. Enough said on that though, I hate getting into these debates. If you don't like the Calendar portion just disable it, which is another option in that preferences screen, and take back your button. You have a choice. This will likely give you faster syncs in the end as it is not going to try to resolve it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio
    Its redicukous. And they want to reassign your calendar button to launch that APP?? Why? So you cant use your treo to put in calendar appointments??

You can do all these things with meetings now and you cant even initiate anything from that calendar!!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGhost
    You have the ability to take away Business Connection assigning the Devices Calendar button. Simply click on the Calendar button, go to the Menu and select Settings -> Preferences and you will see a checkbox where this will be turned off.

The Calendar portion from the client is strictly a one way-view as most have discovered. Previously you did Calendar activity through Blazer and going through the Web Interface. For those savvy folks... you will note this interface still seems to be there.... and if you look real closely you'll see an add appt button.

Looking at the bigger picture what has happened with this upgrade is that they added Calendar view portion to the regular client piece. It seems the demand and frustration is that a lot of people think that it should be integrated with the Palm Calendar and of course it should be two way. I find the new Calendar view useful when I have people inviting me to meetings all the time and I'm OOF and need to get an update from Outlook for example. You can acknowledge / decline or tentative the meeting as well from this new functionality as the email client has the buttons in the email to allow you to do this and that will communicate back to the Calendar.

Integrating to the Palm Calendar is a bit like a religous discussion with lots of points or view. If you integrate then you are held hostage by the Palm way of doing things and any bugs associated with that implementation under the scenes. Analogous are the Browser wars which are now swinging back against IE. Enough said on that though, I hate getting into these debates. If you don't like the Calendar portion just disable it, which is another option in that preferences screen, and take back your button. You have a choice. This will likely give you faster syncs in the end as it is not going to try to resolve it.

Well said...
    i actually like the calendar interface on the client, it's the first one i've seen that gives me the list of other attendees to a meeting and their contact info in one quick screen...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    I've always had my T600 sync to my Outlook/Exchange calendar ..not the Palm calendar... the BC Docs i recall hinted at this being the best scenario to go with.

Thus with the new release of BC over the weekend...my calendar events are pushed to my Treo from my Exchange Calendar... reallly really sweet!!! Now the software does what it was supposed to be doing per the original marketing !!!!!

I'll probably be installing BC on my T650 when it arrives (knock on wood) as i dont' believe our company has Exchange 2003 and activsync going...

But BC has been a friend of mine for over a year now ..it's really nice...and now there's nothing all the "BlueBerry" users at the office have over my Treo now

Long live Treo !
    Another new feature in the new version: if you have a POP mail account in BizConn in addition to your Exchange mail account, you can switch between the two just by hitting the email button repeatedly. Neat!
    Does any one have the prc file that they can post so I can install it on the phone from my Mac?
    You should be able to update it over the air.
    Already tried that and it fried the programming for the software. I've been on with Sprint tech support for over 3 hours fixing the issue and reinstalling the client software on my PC. Now to get the phone to work with the client, I need to resintall the BC software on the Treo. I hotsync with a Mac. The BC Treo software is an .exe file and won't work on the Mac.
    Has anyone noticed that alarms notification in the new BC doesn't seem to work? Messages come in fine, but I don't get any sound. I got sound just fine in the previous version.

I've tried switching tones, turning vibrate on and off, etc. I've run several tests, but no sound.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

I am getting notificationwith alerts set to hign and alarm. I have vibrate enabled as well
    Assuming you both have Treo 600's... maybe you can compare ROM versions to see if that is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by metalios@hotmai
    I am getting notificationwith alerts set to hign and alarm. I have vibrate enabled as well
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast