1.    #1  
    Voice signal's Voice dial works absolutely flawlessly without training on other phones, and they have announced that the 650 will have their program, how about emailing Voice Signal to give us a program that works on the Treo 600!

Voice Signal's Email is info@voicesignal.

Maybe we should also E mail PalmOne and our carriers.

Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by curtarmy
    Voice signal's Voice dial works absolutely flawlessly without training on other phones, and they have announced that the 650 will have their program, how about emailing Voice Signal to give us a program that works on the Treo 600!

Voice Signal's Email is info@voicesignal.

Maybe we should also E mail PalmOne and our carriers.

Curt
    Yeah but does work with other languages besides English It takes 1+ meg for ram to use it.

Wait for VoiceDialer PRO for the Treo600/650 from Grover Industries www.groverind.com
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    Yeah but does work with other languages besides English It takes 1+ meg for ram to use it.

Wait for VoiceDialer PRO for the Treo600/650 from Grover Industries www.groverind.com
    Smiley 88...............

I do not care about two things languages other than English and Blue tooth.

I do care about training some 700 contacts.

I do care about working with the head set for my Treo 600.

I do care about recognizing multiple numbers for one contact.

I was impressed with the quality and accuracy of how it works with my wife's Samsung a670 and that anybody can pick up the phone and say a contact name and it recognizes it accurately (and with absolutely no training!!).

And I would/will purchase your program if and when it works. I have faithfully been reading and lurking around all the posts about voice dialing for the Treo 600.

And I cannot believe two things..... How a program can work so well in the Samsung a670 and we have nothing for the "great Treo 600" and secondly that it will work in a Treo 650 and nobody can get it to work in a Treo 600.

But I do hope and believe that the sunny day is coming soon.

Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    I really can't believe the Treo 600 has no voice recognition at all. And with the 650 you have to spend money to get a voice recognition app. I'm not talking about a fancy app that launches every program and can detect accents and 15 languages. I'm just talking about what came with my $29 cellphone in 1999 that allowed me to dial a number with a headset while driving. I'm not looking for anything fancy and a toy, just something to allow me to abide by the law in some cities that don't allow you to use the phone without a headet.
    Spoke with their Bus Dev person who's office is coincidentally not too far away from my home. He tells me that they've been busy for the Treo 650 release but plan on releasing an app for the Treo 600 very soon. He hopes before the end of the year. The app works directly with the PalmOne contact db and can dial any number among that db's pre-defined fields (Work, Home, Mobile, etc). There will be a free version of the software that enables users to dial phone numbers by voice ("six, one, seven,.....") and the licensed version will tap the contact db and enable voice dialing ("John Smith Mobile") without any learning required. Software registation is believed to be $19.95 USD. Upgrade costs/renewals uncertain.

This person was not certain if VoiceSignal:
    1. would work from the SD card
    2. would not conflict with other popular phone apps

He did confirm it would work with a headset or the hardware mic/speaker. He has personally tried the app on a Treo 600 and while he says it fundamentally works fine, there are some important things to fix before they can launch a reliable and stable app for the Treo600. They have worked with a few of the voice recognition companies out there who are trying to launch their own apps and believe they have the most compelling offering. They are distributing/working with PalmOne for the app launch and more information can be viewed (along with the prc for T650) at http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...cedialing.html
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    Spoke with their Bus Dev person who's office is coincidentally not too far away from my home. He tells me that they've been busy for the Treo 650 release but plan on releasing an app for the Treo 600 very soon. ................................... They are distributing/working with PalmOne for the app launch and more information can be viewed (along with the prc for T650) at http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...cedialing.html
    "Very Soon" Beantown "neighbor" says.............. I love my Treo 600 and I was very excited when I got it on July 13, 2004 And this thread excites me almost as much.

SOON eh?

Curt
    Curt

7.    #7  
    Apparently, a representative of VoiceSignal indicates that indeed voice dialing is just "around the corner" for the Treo 600.
    I wonder if this is BeanTown's neighbor, or indeed a second confirmation of an exciting addition to the 600's features.
    The post was page 3 of Treo Utilities / Treo 650 Voice Dial thread. (I will try to edit in a link).
    Curt
    Curt

Quote Originally Posted by AdamF
    I really can't believe the Treo 600 has no voice recognition at all.
    Voice Dialer already works with the Treo 600.

You can try it at: www.groverind.com

--
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
    We are talking about VoiceDial from voicesignal.com, not Voice Dialer. I talked to Business Development and they said it generally works on the 600, but pa1mOne wanted the 650 app done so they focused on that. The app for the 600 is close, and he suggested we email pa1mOne, not Voice Signal, since pa1mOne will need to release the product. Voice Signal doesn't interface directly to end users, they prefer to work with handset makers. This is what I sent to pa1mOne:
    I know this application has been done for the 650, and the business development department of Voice Signal said I should contact pa1mOne to relay my desire for VoiceDial on the 600. They explained that since there is tight integration between your companies and Voice Signal sells through the handset makers, pa1mOne must push to release the product. What are the plans for VoiceDial on the TREO 600?
    I had emailed Voice Signal with:
    "How can I use Voice Dial on my Treo 600?"

And got back:

"There is a plan to have a downloadable application that is compatible with the Treo 600, but I'm not entirely sure about the timeframe. I suggest you check on our website from time to time."
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    Voice Dialer already works with the Treo 600.

You can try it at: www.groverind.com

--
    I more meant I can't believe it doesn't come built-in like my phone in 1999 that cost $30 had. But thank you, I will check it out.
  12.    #12  
    I wonder how they are coming with the VoiceSignal Voice Dial releaseT
    Curt

13.    #13  
    I wonder how they are coming with the VoiceSignal Voice Dial release for the Treo 600?
    Has anyone heard anything?
    Curt
    Curt

Has anybody heard about Voice Signal getting this program finalized for the Treo 600 yet? I dont know about anyone else but I sure would like to give this app a whirl.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Spoke with VoiceSignal's BusDev Mgr again checking in for progress on a VoiceDial release for the T600. He tells me that it is on their to-do list but they are marching to the drumbeat that PalmOne is drumming. They are still working on an update for the T650 and then have another update planned on the 650 thereafter. He couldn't even speculate on a start date for the T600 project. Quite disappointing. He did tell me to email PalmOne heavily whereas he knows they could alter their priorities and make the T600 release a concurrent priority with their T650 work. So, that being said, please join me in emailing PalmOne to apply a little pressure for a VoiceDial release on the T600. http://palmone.com/us/company/contacts.html
    Anyone heard of any update about this yet? It would be nice to have voice dialing capability on my Treo 600, without having to train the phone for all my contacts.

(In other words, the two existing voice dialing programs won't work for me.)
    I sent an e-mail to Sprint today asking for information and advising them I have an interest in using this product on my phone. I went to the link that Beantown posted, but could not find an area that would allow me to send a question, only an FAQ area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    I sent an e-mail to Sprint today asking for information and advising them I have an interest in using this product on my phone. I went to the link that Beantown posted, but could not find an area that would allow me to send a question, only an FAQ area.
    From what I understand this is less of a Sprint or carrier issue and more of a PalmOne and VoiceSignal issue. Specifically, PalmOne is exerting pressure on their vendor, VoiceSignal, with respect to development priorities. That being said, fine tuning the application for the Treo650 and future hardware models have been P1's pressing priorities as stated by VoiceSignal staff. I await a return phone call from VoiceSignal to see if there is any update at all but I suspect it will be more of the same (more modern handhelds getting the attention) unless the feedback generated by this forum has any positive influence....to be determined.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80
    Anyone heard of any update about this yet? It would be nice to have voice dialing capability on my Treo 600, without having to train the phone for all my contacts.

(In other words, the two existing voice dialing programs won't work for me.)
    Here you have it from the horse's mouth:

We do not have a specific plan to implement Voice Dial in the Treo600.
    Please check with your carrier and/or Palmone. We have to work with the
    carriers and manufacturers orders before releasing any product.

Best regards,

Jean Kadima
    Technical Support Engineer
    Voice Signal Technologies
    Phone: (888)970-1070
    e-mail: support@voicesignal.com
    www.voicesignal.com