Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I used the G2 on my previous treo 600. I originally though it was awesome, because it did not have any glue to stick onto the screen, instead it curved inward a little to hold in place. But when I went to sell my 600, I removed the protector and OMG, there are small dusk scratches everywhere.

So what is the best screen protector for the treo 650, or ppc6601?
    I have tried a bunch and the boxwave was the best by far. It left nothing on the screen, blocked reflections, didn't show as many fingerprints, and looked much better than anyrthing else I have tried. Plus it is washable and reusable - really! I have been very happy with it.

Rob
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Does the screen on the Treo 650 measure exactly the same as the Treo 600?
    brando
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I have tried a few. I like boxwave. I haven't changed it in almost a year. I just ordered TC's versions for my expected 650.
    Everex Freestyle -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Sony CLIE -> Kyrocera 6035 -> Toshiba e740 -> Tungsten T2 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre

visorcentral -> treo|central -> pre|central.net
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob
    I have tried a bunch and the boxwave was the best by far. It left nothing on the screen, blocked reflections, didn't show as many fingerprints, and looked much better than anyrthing else I have tried. Plus it is washable and reusable - really! I have been very happy with it.

Rob

Hmmm wierd. Do you keep yours on a belt clip or pocket?
    I kept mine in my pocket, maby thats why....
    What do you guys think?
    So what’s better in everyone’s opinion? The BoxWave’s ClearTouch Anti-Glare or Crystal screen protector? I can’t decide.
    I had the ClearTouch Anti-Glare purchased from Boxwave on my last 600 and it lasted for nine months.

I haven't used ClearTouch Crystal. Maybe I will give it a shot.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I bought the ClearTouch Crystal from Boxwave for my new treo650. Now only if the 650 would ship. I used Boxwave on my palm and recommend it. Great product.
    The best overlay is from Martin Fields ..

http://www.overlayplus.com/

Check the review .. http://www.overlayplus.com/review.asp
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I second the Martin Fields recommendation. I had one on my Sony UX-50. It's incredibly smooth and clear.

Tried to 'add to cart' on the MF site and got an error though - anyone successfully ordered one yet?
    In response to the Boxwave anti-glare vs crystal - they are both great - if anti- glare and paper feel are important go with the first. The crystal looks and feels exactly like the screen , u can't tell it is there

Boxwave is great !
    I've got the Boxwave anti-glare. I wouldn't be without it. It's been on my 650 since last Christmas, and still looks like new. There have been a few times I thought I had scratched it, but a little eyeglass cleaner and it looks as good as ever. And I can't overemphasize how important the anti-glare feature is. If you ever use your treo where there are overhead flourescent lights (and who doesn't), you'll want the anti-glare version.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanovak3681
    In response to the Boxwave anti-glare vs crystal - they are both great - if anti- glare and paper feel are important go with the first. The crystal looks and feels exactly like the screen , u can't tell it is there

Boxwave is great !
    I think that is a problem, the crystal Brando is like a mirror ! Impossible to see anything in front of the sun. I bought one last month and I put it in my trashbin quiet immediately, reusing my old "anti-glare" Brando.
    i just put plastic wrap on my screen
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I keep mine in my front pocket (on vibrate of course) and the boxwave is fine. My preferred case is egrips and boxwave.
    Everex Freestyle -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Sony CLIE -> Kyrocera 6035 -> Toshiba e740 -> Tungsten T2 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre

visorcentral -> treo|central -> pre|central.net
    Dumb question...how to you remove the screen protector to put a new one on?
    If you are referring to the Boxwave screen protectors, I just received mine today (in anticipation of getting the 650 of course) and the Boxwave recommends using a piece of scotch tape to pull up the corner of the protector. From there you can wash the protector in warm water and mild soap, air dry, and reuse. I too would definitely recommend the anti-glare version, antiglare is what I miss about my Blackberry 7230. It really makes a huge difference in user experience.
  19. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olac
    I think that is a problem, the crystal Brando is like a mirror ! Impossible to see anything in front of the sun. I bought one last month and I put it in my trashbin quiet immediately, reusing my old "anti-glare" Brando.
    Is the reflection a real problem with the Boxwave Crystal? I am concerned that the anti-glare protector will make the screen appear less sharp - kinda like a non-glare sheet protector.

What is the straight dope on this? I just got my 650 yesterday and need to get something ordered. Since Boxwave charges $12.95 + shipping I don't want to just throw money away.
    Best for me is the anti-glare from Brando !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast