1.    #1  
    FYI, I noticed that Amazon's site now mentions the Sprint $100/$150 (one/two year) rebate. So, with their $569 starting price, it now becomes $469 with a one-year contract or $419 with a two-year contract. The phone is still not showing as in-stock, though.

The real fun will begin when Amazon starts adding on their own rebates to this. Any guesses as to when that will happen? Before/after Xmas?

Scott
    Last edited by Scott R; 11/19/2004 at 07:06 AM.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Just placed my "back-up" Treo 650 order at Amazon. I also ordered from PalmOne on the 7th. FYI, Amazon lists the ship date like this on my confirmation email:

Shipping estimate for these items: December 14, 2004
    Delivery estimate: December 15, 2004 - December 29, 2004

We'll see which one ships first.
    The rebate is now $200. So $369 with a new plan.
  4.    #5  
    Very good! So it's a $50 Amazon rebate and a $100/$150 (one/two-year) Sprint rebate. So for a one-year commitment, we're talking about $419.99. Not bad.

Has anyone ever purchased two Sprint phones from Amazon and tried to get them linked to one family plan? How big of a hassle is that? And can you get all the rebate deals with a two-phone purchase, or are some of these rebates one-per-household?

Scott
    Hmm, this looks like the best deal now. Even if you wanted the BT250 headset, you can get it at Amazon for $50 (when applying the $30 rebate code they provide). That would negate the $50 rebate, but you'd still have the $30 savings that Amazon is offering.

Only thing is that it's not stock and it seems like you have to might buy activation. I'm a Sprint customer now, but I qualify for the rebate and don't need new activation.
    BTW - You can save an additional 1.75% if you use Amazon search engine www.a9.com. So an additional $10 or so. Not much, but it doesn't hurt.

In addition, a tip for any citibank customers. You can sign up for their citi merchant program and buy amazon gift certificates which will save you an additional 5%. Plus if you have a Citi Platinium card you get 1% back.

So bottom line for me, is that I actually got the Treo 650 less than people who went to the Roadshow. So with rebate and discounts my phone is about $340. Yes, not much but at least I can say that I did not pay more than people in the roadshow.

Discounts gotten:

1.75% (www.a9.com)
    5.00% (Citi Merchant Program)
    1.00% (Citi Platinum)
    Amazon.com is now showing that it will ship in "Usually ships in 2 to 3 days".
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Very good! So it's a $50 Amazon rebate and a $100/$150 (one/two-year) Sprint rebate. So for a one-year commitment, we're talking about $419.99. Not bad.

Has anyone ever purchased two Sprint phones from Amazon and tried to get them linked to one family plan? How big of a hassle is that? And can you get all the rebate deals with a two-phone purchase, or are some of these rebates one-per-household?

Scott
    Yea I did this when I got my 300. I ordered my wifes phone as well. When you get your phone you call Sprint and tell them what you have and they will take care of it. No matter what plan you order with your phone you can change it when your phone comes and you get it provisioned.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I also went through Amazon. With the bluetooth headset deal it was worth it. The Jabra BT250 is a good unit better than what TC is offereing in IMHO. I was going to get a BT Unit for sure, so this was the best way to go. With the extra $50 off it is even better. I dont have to be the in the first wave of people getting a 650. I am happy to sit back and let everyone else beta test for me.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    For those of you who can stand to wait a little longer then some of us

Amazon
  11.    #12  
    Oh for goodness sakes, this is an affiliate link for Bargain PDA. If TC is going to continue to be so liberal about allowing others to spam their forums I'll have no choice but to start doing it myself.

Scott
  12.    #13  
    Bumping this thread for those who are interested. No non-TreoCentral.com affiliate link in this one.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Oh for goodness sakes, this is an affiliate link for Bargain PDA. If TC is going to continue to be so liberal about allowing others to spam their forums I'll have no choice but to start doing it myself.

Scott
    Did I miss something? It's just a link to Amazon.com for a cheaper 650
    There we go, much better.
    You can use Amazon's search engine (www.a9.com) for another 1.75% off. Not much, but whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by twolocks
    You can use Amazon's search engine (www.a9.com) for another 1.75% off. Not much, but whatever.
    How do you do that? Do you have to sign up for their search service or something? Is this a one-time only offer?

Cheers,
    [merged]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    How do you do that? Do you have to sign up for their search service or something? Is this a one-time only offer?

Cheers,
    Go to a9.com, do a search, go to amazon and you will see the amazon logo change into a modified a9/amazon logo. Once you place your items in your cart, you will see the a9 discount on the checkout page.