Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'll have one, but only if there are enough for the others.
    Count me in on the free Treo as well.
    free treo yay!
    Did someone say free Treo 650's?!
    There's a snowball's chance in a VERY HOT PLACE of the WiFi driver being the reason for the hold up. Of course, as many have pointed out, there's no definite date from PalmOne to begin with, so there's no delay, right.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Hey, if it has wi-fi, I'll take one, too. I'll even pay for half of it, Mike, since it will be half as powerful as the PPC 6601. But, with Wi-fi, it will come a LOOONNGGGG way into this decade that it is so lagging behind. Hey, did anyone hear that they release BT version 1.1? PalmOne just did, and bought all they could get for the new Treo 650. Pretty cool, huh? They might have cornered the market on BT 1.1 for years to come, along with all those fancy 32 MB Memory chips...can't find those just anywhere these days either.
    I have heard from a Sprint agent who works moonlights for Best Buy, Palm One is opening each box one by one adding Wifi, upgrading he camera back to 1.3 and adding 128 mb of memory. Should be ready by July. I mean available by July.
    I've already stated that Mikec should be elected President in '08 for the immeasurably insightful words he creates, such as "tardanic." If he buys all of us T650s (and I know he will, because it's obvious that P1 is hard at work on that last minute Wifi radio), I'll gladly quit my job and become his campaign manager.

Mikec, TC Party's Candidate in '08!
    mikec can you ship to worldwide locations with a tracking #? I am in China.
    btw, I saw a meesage on treo forum in Taiwan, a guy said he've already received his GSM treo 650 and asking for help to reset its os.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodworth
    btw, I saw a meesage on treo forum in Taiwan, a guy said he've already received his GSM treo 650 and asking for help to reset its os.
    Did he buy it from E-bay via Singapore?
    Just adding my jump in ...... Mike you're probably safe.......I don't think WiFi is very high on the priority of those at PalmOne.
    Ha ha ha!

That actually may NOT be a joke!

(1) Somewhere around here on TreoCentral are a couple posts by someone who said the TREO 650 was already available somewhere in Asia - I think Singapore - but not necessarily legally (stolen shipment?).

And (2), a TREO needing a reset is...well...normal, right?
    I heard the 650 will actually pick up brainwaves when held up to your ear, and make all your decisions for you. This thing is great!
    Quote Originally Posted by dorp7
    I heard the 650 will actually pick up brainwaves when held up to your ear, and make all your decisions for you.
    Protect yourself!

-- http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html

what forum is this
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    I found out that the GSM Treo 650 will have the expansion for Wi-Fi SDIO capability with the new Palm OS 5.4, January 12th 2005 for the unlocked smart device.
    Gesh, I can't believe all of you people hoping to take advantage of my good buddy Mike like that if the reason truely turns out to be wi-fi. Don't worry Mike, once you ship one to me you won't be obligated to send any more.
    Ollie Townsend III
    http://www.netapex.net
    In the thread. :-P
    According to the PalmOne designer guy at today's roadshow, WiFi card DRIVERS are barely a thought in their minds right now. He basically said "don't hold your breath, it's not in the immediate future."
    Quote Originally Posted by HighRollN95
    I found out that the GSM Treo 650 will have the expansion for Wi-Fi SDIO capability with the new Palm OS 5.4, January 12th 2005 for the unlocked smart device.
    Me too
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast