Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm a grown man. Why am I checking my email, this site and calling to PalmOne every 45 minutes? I'm acting like a friggin kid. Are we there yet? Is it here yet? How many days until my birthday? How many days until Christmas? Does Santa know I got a A on my test? If I give you $50 can we have sex?

I stopped my order, then called the credit card company and stopped anything coming in from that company. This is B.S.

The phone isn't going to be shipped until a week before Christmas. I'll wait until March when the price dropped and there's no more panic about when the (evil) treo will be shipped.
    Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord your God with all of your heart. Seek his will in all you do and He will direct your paths.
    Good man, that's the way to do it. This preorder junk is nonsense.
    Who said it would be shipped until a week before christmas? I think everyone is anxious and it doesn't help with all the rumors. Maybe we all should have just been told right up front, hey, you wont see these until sometime in late dec, but then we wouldnt have a thing to talk about

Oh well. I placed my order at palmone and will just wait it out. It sounds like there isnt really anyone getting them before the other and palm sends overnight free. You should place your order again
    Eric
    I'll wait it out. Late December is better than March
  5.    #5  
    I didn't get the "week before Christmas" from anybody. It's my guess. First Best Buy has them, then they have the SKU, then they're not shipped, then there's one on ebay, then theres one in my dream. AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGH!

I've never been so impatient about ANYTHING in my pathetic life. Even when I was going to get my first car, I knew for a fact it was Friday that I can pick it up and I was cool. I try to pacify myself with reading articles and downloading manuals and reading what it can do and the truth is it can't do jacksquat. Because it's not hear.

This is a marketing scam. Hype, hype, hype, next month, next week, tomorrow, zip it until one to two weeks before Chistmas.

I had to cancell my order because I was almost ready to cry. Fat hairy men should not be seen crying by their children over the release of an electronic gizmo.
    Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord your God with all of your heart. Seek his will in all you do and He will direct your paths.
    $50 for sex??
    I'll give you a lap dance for that price...

Lot's of places giving their actual ship dates. They must be getting them from somewhere.
    That's not the response of a grown man - you're being a baby by saying "waa, I can't get my toy soon enough so now I don't want it at all!"

I preordered mine a while back and I'll get it when I get it. If by then I don't want it anymore (unlikely) then I'll either return it or eBay it for a profit of possible. Meanwhile I'll conjtinue business as usual as I wait.

P1 must be laughing their arses off at all the total babies on these forums.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    You know what that means, it's going to ship in the morning
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I think the point that Fat Tony has so eloquently stated is that this whole thing borders on obsessive/compulsive. I love this site, but I too have stopped checking in every thirty minutes to see what's happened. Every hour will have to do ;-)

Since I'm apparently one of the few folks who likes Cingular, I'm stuck waiting on the GSM model anyhow, so I won't be able to get one until after the first of the year - no point in stressing over the initial ship date (at least not for me).

Good job Fat Tony. Props to da man.

Vince
    Just a thought, and a little off topic...This is for FatTony. How do these two Statements that you made match up? First one..."If I give you $50 can we have sex?" Second one..."Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord your God with all of your heart. Seek his will in all you do and He will direct your paths." Just curious?...

Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbdd
    $50 for sex??
    that's what i was thinking....where did that one come from...?
    Somebody on Palminfocenter calimed that he just a ship notice on 650.....not sure whether to believe him or not.

http://www.palminfocenter.com/commen...ID=7275#100045
    This upgrade is much less stressful for me than the 270 to 600 upgrade. Back then my flip hinge broke and I was worried about replacing the phone. My 600 is working just fine so I can wait for the GSM 650.

All in good time...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    Somebody on Palminfocenter calimed that he just a ship notice on 650.....not sure whether to believe him or not.

http://www.palminfocenter.com/commen...ID=7275#100045
    If that someone ordered more than one thing he easily could have gotten a "shipped" notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by FatTony
    I'm a grown man. Why am I checking my email, this site and calling to PalmOne every 45 minutes? I'm acting like a friggin kid. Are we there yet? Is it here yet? How many days until my birthday? How many days until Christmas? Does Santa know I got a A on my test? If I give you $50 can we have sex?

I stopped my order, then called the credit card company and stopped anything coming in from that company. This is B.S.

The phone isn't going to be shipped until a week before Christmas. I'll wait until March when the price dropped and there's no more panic about when the (evil) treo will be shipped.
    If calling P1 every 45 minutes is an extreme reaction, isn't this an equally extreme reaction, just in the opposite direction? Just a thought, but if you don't want to check your email every 45 minutes, then don't. How about not cancelling your order and just wait until it comes?
    this is not a marketing ploy, the product is late due to the complexities involved with launching such a product w/ a carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by jflynn
    That's not the response of a grown man - you're being a baby by saying "waa, I can't get my toy soon enough so now I don't want it at all!
    No, it's more like saying "Well gee, Palm1 had people, whateher they knew or not,s aying a lot of things about when this was gonna come out. They also said our credit cards would not be charged until these items ship. So why am I sitting here, with a $600 hold on my credit card and no earthly clue of when this thing is gonna arrive?"

It's a hard lesson in how the pre order system is Palm1 yankin people's chains. That's all! I was optimistic, and I learned the hard way. So, I punched out and so did the OP.

Having a Treo isn't what our lives revolve around. Maybe it is to YOU, and THAT is what's childish. But it simply makes no sense to me to have Palm appropriate funds (yeah, maybe it's not technically a "charge," but my bank sure expects it to be) for something that I don't know I'm going to get tomorrow or three months or a year from now.

What's more, some of us are going to find other alternatives and other things to spend our money on. I know I have. Hopefully next time, Palm1 will have a firm date and have equipment ready the next time they set up preorders. Though I probably won't risk it again.
    Last edited by scaredpoet; 11/14/2004 at 06:24 PM.
    I don't know what carrier you have or anything, but Sprint will start selling and shipping the Treo 650 tomorrow (11/15) and the stores will have it on 11/22....
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1
    Just a thought, and a little off topic...This is for FatTony. How do these two Statements that you made match up? First one..."If I give you $50 can we have sex?" Second one..."Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord your God with all of your heart. Seek his will in all you do and He will direct your paths." Just curious?...

Ken
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am not perfect and I actually have a cemetery in my closet (not just a skeleton or two).

I realized I was acting like a kid and was very impatient. Now that I've realized how stupid I was feeling I decided to do something about it and stop my order. Since I stopped my order I could care less when the (evil) device gets shipped.

A few people said I was acting childish. Thank you Captian Obvious! That's what I was trying to get across in my original post. I was acting like a kid or childish.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast