Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Not sure why anyone is upset about the pre-order process yet. We were promised 2-3 weeks and only one week has passed.

No offense, but if you must be upset at something it should be at your self for ordering something that needs 2-3 weeks to be delivered when you are unable to wait.

BINGO
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueCrimeNY
    Wow, that was funny, my chest is hurting after this one...........
    Funny? huh? Oh, stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    Hey! @#$%^ you! There is a Santa Clause and Easter bunny. AND ther is a Treo 650! I'm checking for my phone!

It's coming out soon!
    You forgot the Tooth Fairy and the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. Kick this ball, Charlie Brown.
  4.    #44  
    I was very anxious, constantly searching for more information of when it's out and reading what it could do. I wanted (past tense) this thing so bad that I was loosing sleep over it. How did cancelling my order help me? I don't care any more. Even if it ships out today, I could give a rats behind. It's not like I order one if it ships today because you know it will be in limited quantities.

I agree that I was taking this too seriously. I agree that I was acting like a kid. I agree that I am over reacting. But I did something about it and I'm not tense any more. I lit up a Cuban Cohiba that I've been hiding in my humidor for about 2 years and poured a snifter of Grand Mariner (Gran-munyay) and said "screw it".

(the next post will be, he smokes, drinks and says 'screw it' and his quotation is Biblical)
    Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord your God with all of your heart. Seek his will in all you do and He will direct your paths.
    Quote Originally Posted by FatTony
    I was very anxious, constantly searching for more information of when it's out and reading what it could do. I wanted (past tense) this thing so bad that I was loosing sleep over it. How did cancelling my order help me? I don't care any more. Even if it ships out today, I could give a rats behind. It's not like I order one if it ships today because you know it will be in limited quantities.

I agree that I was taking this too seriously. I agree that I was acting like a kid. I agree that I am over reacting. But I did something about it and I'm not tense any more. I lit up a Cuban Cohiba that I've been hiding in my humidor for about 2 years and poured a snifter of Grand Mariner (Gran-munyay) and said "screw it".

(the next post will be, he smokes, drinks and says 'screw it' and his quotation is Biblical)
    Good to see another cigar aficionado here

Eric
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    Good to see another cigar aficionado here

Eric
    Even tho he's an insane one...
  7.    #47  
    What makes me insane, njchris? Because I was impatient and anxious, or because I admitted that I was impatient and anxious? Everyone feels the same way I did, I just decided not to care anymore.

Stupid thing is I was saving that Cuban for a special occasion. Meh, it was relaxing.
    Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord your God with all of your heart. Seek his will in all you do and He will direct your paths.
    What makes me insane, njchris? .......
    P1 is crazy making.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    What makes me insane, njchris? Because I was impatient and anxious, or because I admitted that I was impatient and anxious? Everyone feels the same way I did, I just decided not to care anymore.

Stupid thing is I was saving that Cuban for a special occasion. Meh, it was relaxing.
    I think you answered that in the last sentence!

We all go a little mad sometimes..........
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Not sure why anyone is upset about the pre-order process yet. We were promised 2-3 weeks and only one week has passed.

No offense, but if you must be upset at something it should be at your self for ordering something that needs 2-3 weeks to be delivered when you are unable to wait.
    Exactly, the constant whinning that it has not shipped by now is annoying. Whinning on the 30th should be day 1 of the justified "P1 is a liar" posts.

But I still sympathize with FatTony - the fact that you have done everything you can to possess something you want and it is now out of your hands is difficult. Especially to read all of the "I heard from [fill in dubiously reputable source description here] it is shipping [fill in a random date here]."

A more productive form of therapy may have been to cut yourself off from TC until Fed Ex brings you your 650 and to have set up a rule in your email client to insulate you from the lack of shipping confirmation depression - so you would not have seen it when it came.

After all, some guy, somewhere, is going to wander into a Sprint store the first day they get them in with a vague idea of what cell phone he wants and walk out with a 650. He'll probably love it and talk about how great it is to everyone. While we will be complaining about some small detail P1 did not address and how we all waited so long for it.

Anyway, I better get back to the forums to see if anyone has more info on a ship date.
    HP 95-LX > Pilot 5000 > Cassiopeia 105 > Cassiopeia 115 > Handspring Visor > Palm M505 > Toshiba e740 > Palm Tungsten C > Palm Tungsten T3 > Dell Axim X30 > Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by jonhoffm
    Exactly, the constant whinning that it has not shipped by now is annoying. Whinning on the 30th should be day 1 of the justified "P1 is a liar" posts.

But I still sympathize with FatTony - the fact that you have done everything you can to possess something you want and it is now out of your hands is difficult. Especially to read all of the "I heard from [fill in dubiously reputable source description here] it is shipping [fill in a random date here]."

A more productive form of therapy may have been to cut yourself off from TC until Fed Ex brings you your 650 and to have set up a rule in your email client to insulate you from the lack of shipping confirmation depression - so you would not have seen it when it came.

After all, some guy, somewhere, is going to wander into a Sprint store the first day they get them in with a vague idea of what cell phone he wants and walk out with a 650. He'll probably love it and talk about how great it is to everyone. While we will be complaining about some small detail P1 did not address and how we all waited so long for it.

Anyway, I better get back to the forums to see if anyone has more info on a ship date.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Bakerman1, got a question for 'ya...
    Is it not possible to be a Christian AND have a sense of humor at the same time?
    I'd like to think I fall into that category.
    You didn't honestly think Fat Tony was propositioning someone with that remark, did you?
    It was a JOKE - and a funny one, at that.
    Lighten up, dude.
    Vince
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GiggleBush
    FAT TONY UR A FRIGGIN' ***** and so is anyone else who is pissed at Palm1. They have never given any information out that is at all misleading.
    There have been many rumors... WHY? because ppl like to talk.
    There have been over 21,000 posts at treocentral for this phone...WHY? beacause ppl like to talk.
    This stuff is all just talk over a cool new toy, getting all angry IS CHILDISH, I'm here for the fun not for a ***** session.
    I'm as impatient as the next person for this phone (my wife forbids me to talk about it any more), but I'm not gonna let my Blood boil over it.
    DON'T GROW UP, but don't be a @#$%* buzzkill for attention!!!!!
    (crap I just gave him attention)
    p.s. forget what I just said... I'm ignoring U, I'm looking over there...I'm, I'm gonna go look at another thread, yea thats it.
    Counseling is just a phone call away...
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman
    Bakerman1, got a question for 'ya...
    Is it not possible to be a Christian AND have a sense of humor at the same time?
    I'd like to think I fall into that category.
    You didn't honestly think Fat Tony was propositioning someone with that remark, did you?
    It was a JOKE - and a funny one, at that.
    Lighten up, dude.
    Vince
    To be honest it was a view into my past childhood/puberty anxiousness. Go to the original post:

Are we there yet? Age 5 to 11
    Is it here yet? Age 7 to 12 (sending out for that crap in back of comic books)
    How many days until my birthday? Age 3 to 9
    Does Santa know I got an A on my test? Age 8 to 10 (remember when they'd trick you into being good?)
    If I give you $50, can we have sex? Age 12 to 17

It was not trying to "get some" on this forum. I was pissed (at myself for feeling like a 'tard) and I vented.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Fat Tony,
    12? I didn't start propositioning women until I was 15. My son just turned 12. I'd better make sure he's not holding any cash when he goes to the movies ;-)
    Actually, I offered them beer. I was the beer king. I don't remember how, but I always seemed to have some on hand. Guess that's why I don't remember how :-)
    Vince
    Quote Originally Posted by GiggleBush
    FAT TONY UR A FRIGGIN' ***** and so is anyone else who is pissed at Palm1. They have never given any information out that is at all misleading.
    There have been many rumors... WHY? because ppl like to talk.
    There have been over 21,000 posts at treocentral for this phone...WHY? beacause ppl like to talk.
    This stuff is all just talk over a cool new toy, getting all angry IS CHILDISH, I'm here for the fun not for a ***** session.
    I'm as impatient as the next person for this phone (my wife forbids me to talk about it any more), but I'm not gonna let my Blood boil over it.
    DON'T GROW UP, but don't be a @#$%* buzzkill for attention!!!!!
    (crap I just gave him attention)
    p.s. forget what I just said... I'm ignoring U, I'm looking over there...I'm, I'm gonna go look at another thread, yea thats it.
    The problem with this whole situation isn't people being angry with Palm1, it's a simple matter of unethical marketing practices designed to generate interest in their product, keep attention away from competing products, and cover up the fact that they can't possibly make enough units for the christmas rush.

Samsung does essentially the same thing. They announced the sgh-i500 something like 2 years ago, they keep putting up specs for a GSM palmOS based phone that never materializes and there is zero interaction with potential customers.

When I saw posts on PalmInfoCenter from high-level execs at PalmSource answering people's questions, addressing concerns, etc. it just made me realize how out of touch Palm1 is. They release a product but won't say when it will ship. Then they start taking pre-orders for the Sprint version but still can't say when the GSM version will ship. And on top of this, other than one interview, I have yet to see them give a reason for any of the choices they made regarding phone features.

The problem is, corporations seem to think they can manipulate the market based on certain strategies, but what they don't realize is that in the process, they alienate some of their core customers. If we knew when we might actually have one of these devices in our hands, we might be more forgiving and willing to wait. If this company could be upfront and honest with its customers, they might foster a greater sense of loyalty. Instead, they hide behind "announcements" and "pre-orders" that tries (and probably succeeds) to manipulate us into thinking that I'll have mine "real soon now."

Basically, this just covers up the complete lack of competant management at Palm1. The list of decisions boardering on idiocy continues to increase. Bluetooth card but only for os4 devices, wifi card but only for a discontinued model at first, t5 that actually excludes features from the previous model, a bluetooth implementation that hasn't changed in at least 2 years (the t68i is still the only phone listed under S-E), being too cheap to even include a cradle in the top of the line device and then having the balls to offer it as an overpriced $50 accessory, etc.

Palm1 might not be going down any time soon but they certainly don't inspire any confidence.
    Vice, and Tony,

I am definitly a christian, and definitly have a great life full of having tons of fun and goofing around. The great thing about being an american, and having a God like we do, is that we have the right to be however we want to be. I made that statement based upon people not knowing or fully understanding what it is to be a christian, and them maybe taking what Tony wrote and wondering why a christian would be offering to pay someone $50 for sex. Thats all. I think as christians, we have to be aware of our actions at all times. No hard feelings, and I hope if I say something that contradicts who I am, that someone will question me about it to. Thanks, and bring on the 650!

Ken
    FatTony,

Thanks for helping the rest of us grown men with families get our heads right again.

God Bless you.
    deviate925:

What part of 2-3 weeks and February of 05 didn't you understand?

And to compare palmOne's release of the 600 and now the 650 with Samsung's i500 is worse than comparing apples to oranges. Handspring was not off by much in their actual release of the Sprint version then the GSM carriers took their time testing the device on their networks. Samsung's SPH and SGH i500 enjoyed vaporware status for a very long time.
  20.    #60  
    Personally I think Palm1 did all this hype to cover up the new Sprint phone that has the sliding keyboard (forgot the make). That phone kicks major ***, and if it wasn't for the T650 I think I would have purchased it.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123