Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FatTony
    I'm a grown man. Why am I checking my email, this site and calling to PalmOne every 45 minutes? I'm acting like a friggin kid. Are we there yet? Is it here yet? How many days until my birthday? How many days until Christmas? Does Santa know I got a A on my test? If I give you $50 can we have sex?

I stopped my order, then called the credit card company and stopped anything coming in from that company. This is B.S.

The phone isn't going to be shipped until a week before Christmas. I'll wait until March when the price dropped and there's no more panic about when the (evil) treo will be shipped.
    I sympathize. Went through exactly the same thing with the 600. Was hoping that P1 would not play the same games again. Looks as though this will be an annual thing. You have to hand it to them. They are really good at baiting.

I learned from the first round that honorable vendors do what they say they will do when they say they will do it. They offer the same product on the same terms at the same price to all customers. They do not pretend to offer what they cannot ship. They do not treat customers as victims or play one class of customer against another.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Acting like a kid or just excited about something? So what? It didn't make you a bad person. It's fun sometimes to get caught up in the little things in life. Everything can't be serious otherwise you grow old and cranky and bitter at life.

I don't think you were acting childish.. just impatient because you were excited about something. Now you have punished yourself for it. Your choice, but sometimes we have to just let go and let the kid out.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1
    Just a thought, and a little off topic...This is for FatTony. How do these two Statements that you made match up? First one..."If I give you $50 can we have sex?" Second one..."Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord your God with all of your heart. Seek his will in all you do and He will direct your paths." Just curious?...

Ken
    You are either taking yourself or Fat Tony waaaaaaaayyyyyy too seriously. I laughed my head off reading his original post and laughed again when I read his "byline".

What a great representation of the madness that has overtaken many on this forum.

Hey Fat Tony - you should meet my next door neighbor - at first I thought you were him but he's not fat or hairy nor does he own a Treo. Other than that, he could have written your post word for word...
    Visor Deluxe/Visor Platinum/Visor Phone/Treo 180/Treo 270/Treo 300/Treo 650
    i think more ppl should cancel their orders, to show palm1 how annoyed they are with this run around.

especially if you have a gsm order, god knows when that one will be available. this wouold be especially beneficial to me. the more ppl who cancel, the quicker i can get mine. :P
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    i think more ppl should cancel their orders, to show palm1 how annoyed they are with this run around.

especially if you have a gsm order, god knows when that one will be available. this wouold be especially beneficial to me. the more ppl who cancel, the quicker i can get mine. :P

I would cancel, but ooooops, they arn't taking orders for the gsm yet. Seein what everyone is going through, really makes we want to jump into the fray on round two in January.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    Somebody on Palminfocenter calimed that he just a ship notice on 650.....not sure whether to believe him or not.

http://www.palminfocenter.com/commen...ID=7275#100045
    That one looks like the good old days of the original Handspring Visor Deluxe. Their website finally opened, and it was like these Treos, sheer madness and thousands of online orders. Weeks went by, and no shipments. Then the first confirmed shipments, and they were going to people who had only order in the previous 48 hourss - all of the early orders were flushed from the computers, and they were trying to process from hand tickets, so the most current computer orders were going out of the warehouse. Real cute, huh!
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimHy
    I would cancel, but ooooops, they arn't taking orders for the gsm yet. Seein what everyone is going through, really makes we want to jump into the fray on round two in January.

i think road show attendees can order them now.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I think Tony is saying worshipping a phone is pretty childish. And he is right. So people on this board are obsessed.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    No clones, did you see it at sprintpcs site that it will be shipping on 11/15? I thought it said 11/22.
    good things take time
    FAT TONY UR A FRIGGIN' ***** and so is anyone else who is pissed at Palm1. They have never given any information out that is at all misleading.
    There have been many rumors... WHY? because ppl like to talk.
    There have been over 21,000 posts at treocentral for this phone...WHY? beacause ppl like to talk.
    This stuff is all just talk over a cool new toy, getting all angry IS CHILDISH, I'm here for the fun not for a ***** session.
    I'm as impatient as the next person for this phone (my wife forbids me to talk about it any more), but I'm not gonna let my Blood boil over it.
    DON'T GROW UP, but don't be a @#$%* buzzkill for attention!!!!!
    (crap I just gave him attention)
    p.s. forget what I just said... I'm ignoring U, I'm looking over there...I'm, I'm gonna go look at another thread, yea thats it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GiggleBush
    FAT TONY UR A FRIGGIN' ***** and so is anyone else who is pissed at Palm1.
    *I'm* not pissed at Palm1. They're just not getting my money. The loss is entirely theirs, not mine.

p.s. forget what I just said... I'm ignoring U, I'm looking over there...I'm, I'm gonna go look at another thread, yea thats it.
    What was that about being childish again?
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I think the most laughable notion is that we're being strung along by P1. What do you people think pre order means? You would think we ordered our new toy months ago and not -at most - 5 business days.

For those of you who are comfortable with the credit hold on your cards most banks/cc companies won't leave that hold indefinitely. Just a few days.

I, for one, think that many here should take a closer look at Fat Tony's original post & come to terms with the fact you've gone over the edge and letting go may be the best thing!

Soooo..... do ya think today's the day????
    Hey! @#$%^ you! There is a Santa Clause and Easter bunny. AND ther is a Treo 650! I'm checking for my phone!

It's coming out soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by FatTony
    I didn't get the "week before Christmas" from anybody. It's my guess. First Best Buy has them, then they have the SKU, then they're not shipped, then there's one on ebay, then theres one in my dream. AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGH!

I've never been so impatient about ANYTHING in my pathetic life. Even when I was going to get my first car, I knew for a fact it was Friday that I can pick it up and I was cool. I try to pacify myself with reading articles and downloading manuals and reading what it can do and the truth is it can't do jacksquat. Because it's not hear.

This is a marketing scam. Hype, hype, hype, next month, next week, tomorrow, zip it until one to two weeks before Chistmas.

I had to cancell my order because I was almost ready to cry. Fat hairy men should not be seen crying by their children over the release of an electronic gizmo.
    Hey fella, how does canceling this order help the crying? At least while on order you had it in the pipe to come...now what? I find your comments very humorous - if my wife had any idea how much I have been reading about this crap, she would shoot me too. Ha!

Come on, go ahead, re-place the order, go ahead dude....you can do it!

Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by njchris
    Acting like a kid or just excited about something? So what? It didn't make you a bad person. It's fun sometimes to get caught up in the little things in life. Everything can't be serious otherwise you grow old and cranky and bitter at life.

I don't think you were acting childish.. just impatient because you were excited about something. Now you have punished yourself for it. Your choice, but sometimes we have to just let go and let the kid out.
    Wow, that was funny, my chest is hurting after this one...........
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    Once the 650's do ship, you will be surprised how quickly all will be healed
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleReeck
    Once the 650's do ship, you will be surprised how quickly all will be healed
    Until folks start posting:

"My TREO 650 reset itself!"

"What is that buzzing sound?"

"Does yours rattle?"

"My Bluetooth connection keeps dropping!"

"Someone hacked my TREO via Bluetooth!"
    Not sure why anyone is upset about the pre-order process yet. We were promised 2-3 weeks and only one week has passed.

No offense, but if you must be upset at something it should be at your self for ordering something that needs 2-3 weeks to be delivered when you are unable to wait.
    Last edited by silverado; 11/15/2004 at 08:31 AM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast