Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey folks, during the Chicago Treo Roadshow I was able to quickly snap some pics of the various mock Treo prototype designs that PalmOne displayed in the presentation. These pics are also present in the presentation CD that was given at the roadshow, but I figure it's much easier to post the pics here instead of trying to extract the pics from the powerpoint slideshow (btw how do you do that anyway?). In anycase, the pics are quite interesting imo and show the various design possibilities PalmOne was considering. There is a SideKick like design, a design that looks alot like the Rim 7100t and various other permutations. I figured it would be nice to share these pics to many of those who aren't able to attend the various Treo Roadshows! Cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Great. Thanks. Fun to look at.

Make my funk the Gfunk -- don't want my funk uncut.

Do you remember that line from the Parliament Funkadelics?
    Thanks for putting those up gfunk. You can send me the Powerpoint so I can extract them for you. I will pm you my email address.
    Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Treo 700p -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Treo 800w -> Palm Centro ->Palm Pre!
    Just do a printscrean and save it as a jpg.

Al
    Very interesting. I'm glad the 650 turned out the way it did, although the Blackberry style one is pretty nice looking.
    Were these prototypes from the days of 600 design or 650 design?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I am sure most of these are from the 600. Looking at the second picture I would guess they put in some prototypes from the first treo's too.
    Everex Freestyle -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Sony CLIE -> Kyrocera 6035 -> Toshiba e740 -> Tungsten T2 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre

visorcentral -> treo|central -> pre|central.net
    very cool
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I would love to see an inexpensive version like the one depicted in the third picture to the far right, with a standard dial pad.
    thanks for the photos, gfunk.

Although I was wondering at the show why the P1 designer was talking about everything palm went through to create the 650, when the real design revolution came about through Handspring a year earlier. Was the Palm designer at the show a former Handspring designer?

Cluemeister
    Notice several antenna-less designs. That is what I would like!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory J
    Very interesting. I'm glad the 650 turned out the way it did, although the Blackberry style one is pretty nice looking.
    I know, if they made this it would make a great design for an entry level Treo. Who knows, great designs don't die, they are just re-encarnated when someone else steals them... hehe

Timmay
    I’m a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Great. Thanks. Fun to look at.

Make my funk the Gfunk -- don't want my funk uncut.

Do you remember that line from the Parliament Funkadelics?
    HAHA! Yeah I remember that. However I kinda prefer the lyrics from Warren G's 'Regulate':

G-Funk
    step to this
    I dare ya
    Funk
    on a whole new level
    Nate:
    the rhythm is the bass and the bass is the treble
    G:
    Chords
    Strings
    We brings
    Melody
    G-Funk
    where rhythm is life
    and life is rhythm
    Nate:
    If you know like I know
    you don't wanna step to this
    It's the G-Funk era
    funked out with a gangsta twist
    if you smoke like I smoke
    then you high like everyday
    and if your *** is a buster
    213 will regulate

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I like the one that looks like the RIM 7100t
    GFunk, it's like this....................

One, two, three and to the fo’
    Snoop doggy dogg and dr. dre are at the do’
    Ready to make an entrance, so back on up
    [cuase you know we ’bout had to rip **** up]

Gimme the microphone first, so I can bust like a bubble
    Compton and long beach together, now you know you in trouble

Ain’t nothin’ but a g thang, baaaaabay!
    Two loc’ed out g’s so we’re craaaaazay!
    Death row is the label that paaaaays me!
    Unfadable, so please don’t try to fade this [hell yeah]...............

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    HAHA! Yeah I remember that. However I kinda prefer the lyrics from Warren G's 'Regulate':

G-Funk
    step to this
    I dare ya
    Funk
    on a whole new level
    Nate:
    the rhythm is the bass and the bass is the treble
    G:
    Chords
    Strings
    We brings
    Melody
    G-Funk
    where rhythm is life
    and life is rhythm
    Nate:
    If you know like I know
    you don't wanna step to this
    It's the G-Funk era
    funked out with a gangsta twist
    if you smoke like I smoke
    then you high like everyday
    and if your *** is a buster
    213 will regulate

Glad to see you are sharing GFunk.......should have taken a group of those of us TCer's that attended!!! LOL

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    hehe, its funny, they did all that work into designing a new form factor and thinking up new design ideas and the one used is exactly the same as the treo 600 except the keyboard and call and end buttons!!!

I quite like the shape of the middle treo in the third picture.
    We found that those pictures were on the CD they gave us at the long beach show...
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Man, I just love that last treo design. standard dial pad and no ant. Something more to obsess about.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    Glad to see you are sharing GFunk.......should have taken a group of those of us TCer's that attended!!! LOL

IGO
    LOL!! Actually I wanted to but everyone seemed to immediately scatter once the presentation was over. Oh well, maybe next time!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast