Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sorry if this was already mentioned before, but in reading the user manual for the 650 I noticed that there are menu options for both message read and delivered receipts for sent SMS messages. From page 198:

- Always request delivery receipt determines whether you receive a confirmation when message is delivered.

- Always request read receipt determines whether confirmation when a message is read.

This is great news!
    You're right. This is cool!

I wonder if the the receipt would count as an SMS? In other words, would we get charged for it?
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Where can you get the manual?
  4.    #4  
    this is definitively the single most exciting news about the T650 !!!!

well, at least for me...

but wow, really, we're moving toward a real GSM !!!

Edited: of course, if it's not only for Sprint...
  6.    #6  
    Followup: It appears this was a typo (probably intended for the GSM version) in the documentation. Oh well... I'm having a hard time disliking this device at the moment so all is forgiven.
    I was told by PalmOne that this feature was there, but disabled by Sprint. I know it is the one feature that I would leave Sprint and go back to Verizon to get. My 600 with Verizon had this feature.
    sounds like a New job for our ol' buddy Shadowmite
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    I can take a look, where was the option located according to the manual?>
    Hmm, this??? It's there... Just needs some tweaking I think...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: bmp 1.bmp (100.1 KB, 549 views)
    It could be a GSM only option, the CDMA network might not be able to handle it... But I think I can re-enable the screens to try it.
    Well, someone give this one a try... I'll put it up on my website once I'm happy with it. There are two different places for these receipts to be enabled as well as a "timer" for message keeping???! Let me know how this works out. Once installed in RAM you MUST do a soft reset to enable this file over the rom one...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I just installed and sent a message to the wife. She replied but no receipts. I enabled them in the prefs. Am I missing something? You may be correct that the Sprint system doesn't provide for this capability.
    Doesn't look like it works on CDMA. I enabled both "Always request delivery receipt" and "Always request read receipt" but neither made a difference.
    Shadow,

I put the file in Ram then soft reset. Now I cant find the file anywhere. Does it rename itself? How would I delete it?
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Shadow,

I put the file in Ram then soft reset. Now I cant find the file anywhere. Does it rename itself? How would I delete it?
    Heh... One of the treo 650's dirty tricks to keep us from finding the text messaging app. It's not visable, it gets embedded in the system when booting... That's why the boot was needed. To get rid of it you'd have to install the original overtop of it (i'll post it in a bit) or hard reset...

I concur, it doesn't appear to do anything different on a CDMA phone... I have to experiment still with the other menu for adding these. It's a preference here, in another option it's a manual window that pops up to ask... I'll play with it and post when I find something.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Heh... One of the treo 650's dirty tricks to keep us from finding the text messaging app. It's not visable, it gets embedded in the system when booting... That's why the boot was needed. To get rid of it you'd have to install the original overtop of it (i'll post it in a bit) or hard reset...

I concur, it doesn't appear to do anything different on a CDMA phone... I have to experiment still with the other menu for adding these. It's a preference here, in another option it's a manual window that pops up to ask... I'll play with it and post when I find something.
    Thanks for posting it, I dont really want to Hard Reset
    No problem, sorry, I should have posted it at the same time... I'll keep trying to enable this via the other route...

Again, this is the original overlay map, it'll get rid of the options added above.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Actually its called Nexter once it goes onto the treo, I just deleted it using Filez. So the name does change, and its the Nexter without the lock box next to it.
    Really? Hmm, good find! I didn't look threw the N's for it... Thanks albertb!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast