Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Yes, are you with Verizon then? Your username is familier, but I can't remember.

The question mark should change to a checkmark if confirmation works... I am still playing with the code, but it's excessively long and crashes the editor. So I have to do it by hand.
    Well it appears that the default application, even WITHOUT sprints customizations does not have the receipt feature. I belive it's a GSM only thing, either that or they did not finish the CDMA implementation yet. There is nothing more I can do if that didn't work on Verizon. I've completely traced threw the code for other blocks. There is a routine to identify the receipt received, and it only shows nothing, zero... So... I tried.

Back to the 1.3 megapixel camera software...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Actually, that's a AWESOME idea... I would REALLY like someone on Verizon to download that last file I posted and try this out... It VERY likely Sprints network just doesn't support this feature...
    Thanks Shadowmite! I'm honored to have YOU tell me I have an awesome idea, being that I admire you for all your amazing work that you have done for us so far.

I will have a converted 650 in a couple of days, and I'd be happy to try it, but I'm sure someone here will volunteer in the meantime.

Thanks again for making my night.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Well it appears that the default application, even WITHOUT sprints customizations does not have the receipt feature. I belive it's a GSM only thing, either that or they did not finish the CDMA implementation yet. There is nothing more I can do if that didn't work on Verizon. I've completely traced threw the code for other blocks. There is a routine to identify the receipt received, and it only shows nothing, zero... So... I tried.

Back to the 1.3 megapixel camera software...
    Thanks very much for trying.
    Not sure if this helps but on my Verizon Treo 600, I had the delivery receipt option and it worked by changing the color of the message when it was delivered. I was hoping I could beam the app from the 600 to the 650, but of course it was a locked app. I can tell you that both my Verizon Kyceria 7135 and Treo 600 supported this, and my Sprint Treo 650 doesn't and it is enough to push me back to Verizon when my one year contract is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by qtreo 650
    Not sure if this helps but on my Verizon Treo 600, I had the delivery receipt option and it worked by changing the color of the message when it was delivered.
    didn't know that! my cingular t600 doesn't have this option
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Is there any way to get this on the 600. I have been looking for an app that gives delvery reports. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    i just got my Treo 650 unlocked GSM, and there is NO delivery receipts. Shadowtime: where did you get that window from (Delivery receipt YES/ NO)?
    when reading this thread it seems that on GSM networks it's possible to receive receipts with Treo 650, but I tried both files without success.

Actually when I update my Nexter app with the one in this thread I don't have any new options in Preferences. Where is the option discussed ?

is it really working on GSM ? (I have a GSM unbranded Treo 650)
    actually bumping this back up...does the new verizon support read receipts?
    i see no options for this on my verizon treo 650 BUT i think if you look at a sent message... it is grey until it is delivered, then it turns normal color and the time shown i think is the delivery time. can anyone else confirm?
    Quote Originally Posted by race
    i see no options for this on my verizon treo 650 BUT i think if you look at a sent message... it is grey until it is delivered, then it turns normal color and the time shown i think is the delivery time. can anyone else confirm?
    I think you're right on. I've had a message stay grayed out (when overseas) until I was back in a network area that would send it for me. Then, it turned to a normal color and I got a response back from the individual I was sms-ing shortly thereafter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory J
    Sorry if this was already mentioned before, but in reading the user manual for the 650 I noticed that there are menu options for both message read and delivered receipts for sent SMS messages. From page 198:

- Always request delivery receipt determines whether you receive a confirmation when message is delivered.

- Always request read receipt determines whether confirmation when a message is read.

This is great news!
    I hope for your sake that I'm wrong about this. I don't really know how a cdma phone works relative to messaging since I have a GSM Treo. But on mine, read and delivery receipts only apply to mms messages, not sms messages.

I've tested it with both sms and mms and it only works with mms. Hopefully, a cdma phone can work differently.
    Quote Originally Posted by v3treonut
    I hope for your sake that I'm wrong about this. I don't really know how a cdma phone works relative to messaging since I have a GSM Treo. But on mine, read and delivery receipts only apply to mms messages, not sms messages.

I've tested it with both sms and mms and it only works with mms. Hopefully, a cdma phone can work differently.
    I am also using a GSM unlocked phone and I received receipts for MMS only!
    when i had my motorla v710 with verizon, it definitely did delivery confirmation for sms. not sure about the treo 650, but i'll try and check it out soon.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123