Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    No problem, I was thinking that same thing but I wanted to see what you changed, and the file that you posted didn't exist on the Treo even in ROM with that name. So I was on a mission to find it
    By the way, did you make the change using just the two tools that you posted on your site? I am learning how to use those edit tools, but can't find a place in the file that would possibly or remotely hint to me that it's hiding the options! Can you give me a heads up as to where it is, I would like to learn what to look for.
    Actually, I just enabled the flags in the overlay. It's a standard palm has to hide/show different options for carrier customization. I use 010 Editor as my primary hex editor. PRC explorer will allow you to see the forms and alerts that hint at options that are disabled. Then you dig threw the code to find the calls, or just play with the flags if they are present.
    Ok guys, try this one, this is the last things I can try... should be a option under chat menu to ask for receipts now... Note: I think this might only work on a treo650 to treo650 sms link... Notice the question mark if you request a receipt...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by shadowmite; 12/27/2004 at 02:52 PM.
    Do let me know if anyone figures out if this works. I'd really like to see two 650's enabled for receipts try it. I'd guess the question mark is supposed to go away to show it's received.
    Installs fine, and option is there, but tried several times with other 650 as the recipient, and no receipts.
    Do the other 650's have the patch installed also? This might just not work...

Do you see the question mark when you've requested the receipt?
    Yes and yes. I tried it first with the other phone using the native texter app, and then tried it with both phones running the patched app.

I'm thinking "just doesn't work" is the right answer, unfortunately.
    I'll play with it and see if I see anything in the received message side that needs to be enabled... But that might be as far as I can take it. I can however still add that read receipt... I'll work on that later. I've gotta get some things done. Have fun guys... Boy, current works in progress:

Texter app
    Camera 1.3 megapixel fix
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    and a whole lotta others...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    I'll play with it and see if I see anything in the received message side that needs to be enabled... But that might be as far as I can take it. I can however still add that read receipt... I'll work on that later. I've gotta get some things done. Have fun guys... Boy, current works in progress:

Texter app
    Camera 1.3 megapixel fix
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    and a whole lotta others...

Well, I know I speak for everyone when I say we appreciate it. The work that you and others are doing sure makes Treo-ing more fun.
    Hey quick question... Did your question marks change color? Maybe I'm dreaming...
    Hey Shadowmite...do you have a website where you post this kind of ingenious stuff?
    Hey quick question... Did your question marks change color? Maybe I'm dreaming...
    I didn't notice that...if u really need to know, I can reinstall and try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by millsda2
    Hey Shadowmite...do you have a website where you post this kind of ingenious stuff?
    He does...it's http://www.shadowmite.com/
    Ok, it would appear the question mark is supposed to become a check mark in the same color, and then change to white if read I think. Hmm...
    Ok, it would appear the question mark is supposed to become a check mark in the same color, and then change to white if read I think. Hmm...
    I think it would be cool if this feature worked, so allow me to offer the following encouragement...

GO ON!! GO GET IT! SIC IT! KILL! MAD DOG! GRRRRRRRR!
    Don't worry, I'm not giving up... But I do wonder how it works... The 7135 on verizon used to do this somehow...
    So true. I LOVE that feature on my Verizon Kyocera 7135.
    Any chance that those who have converted their 650's to Verizon's network might get this feature? I know, but I had to at least ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    Any chance that those who have converted their 650's to Verizon's network might get this feature? I know, but I had to at least ask.
    Actually, that's a AWESOME idea... I would REALLY like someone on Verizon to download that last file I posted and try this out... It VERY likely Sprints network just doesn't support this feature. If someone whos hacked the phone to verizon tries it that will test that theory for us... So... Anyone!?!?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I just installed the app. and sent myself an SMS. When i go into the Chat mode, the receipt option comes up and I get an "orange ?" after I reply. It doesnt change though. Is this what you wanted to check for?

Mo
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast