Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by suskind
    what makes you think one is not on the work? Do you think iJam succesor won't get a WiFi eventually ala p50?

The P50 is delayed and won't arrive anywhere until late 2005. The iJam is neat but it's too small to add a sider type thummboard like on the XDAIII. It would make more sense to add a numeric slider keypad instead imo in that size device...

Anyway, the only feature that I really want from these devices is wifi. If PalmOne eventually releases the SD wifi drivers, then I probably just stay put with the Treo in the future. Also, once the Treo finally does integrate 1xEvDo, I probably will forget about wifi anyway...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    [QUOTE=gfunkmagic]The P50 is delayed and won't arrive anywhere until late 2005.

the latest I had heard regarding the P50 was sometime in the Spring -- where did you hear late 2005 ??

no matter what I decide to do, I'm hoping P1 gets its act together and produces Wifi drivers-- or at the very least cooperates with Sandisk or anyone to enable a wifi card.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    the latest I had heard regarding the P50 was sometime in the Spring -- where did you hear late 2005 ??
    http://www.brighthand.com/article/No...P50_Until_2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KKenna
    But, can't you add a WiFi card in via SDIO on the 6601 ?
    Yes you can. When it was in my possesion for testing, I used the San Disk Wifi SD card with 256mb of memory. It worked like it does in every other Pocket PC device...
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    Wait......"the Zen of TREO??" .....how fitting! and WiFi ??? Who cares unless you spend all your time at Starbucks on an inferior network (AKA GSM)
    Beasterxxx
    exactly my point. In about a year and a half when EVDO and EDGE gets out there nationwide, then WiFi won't matter for real. And to those who think I am becoming a PPC fanboy, fear not-- There is an 85% chance that I will get the 650 over the 6600. I just want to get the best device that will fit my needs for the time being.
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12