Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone that was there willing to share the coupon code? I was unable to attend but sure am getting a lot of e-mails and calls from the show sponsors. So, I figure I might as well attempt to buy one even if they turn me down.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by chazglenn3
    Anyone that was there willing to share the coupon code? I was unable to attend but sure am getting a lot of e-mails and calls from the show sponsors. So, I figure I might as well attempt to buy one even if they turn me down.
    the code is no good unless you attended and turned in a survey at the end
  3.    #3  
    I would still like to give it a shot, all they can do is say no.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    And they will (and do)
    I would still like to give it a shot, all they can do is say no.
  5.    #5  
    Sure would like to give it a try...
    Charles

the coupon code is:

"tardanic"

good luck.
  7.    #7  
    That's a weird one. All the others referenced the treo or Palm. Thanks!
    Last edited by chazglenn3; 11/13/2004 at 08:03 PM.
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    the coupon code is:

"tardanic"

good luck.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    That is not the code from my Chicago show coupon. I don't remember it, but it started w/ treo.
    Everex Freestyle -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Sony CLIE -> Kyrocera 6035 -> Toshiba e740 -> Tungsten T2 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre

visorcentral -> treo|central -> pre|central.net
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    the coupon code is:

"tardanic"

good luck.

lol, nice one./ titanic retard
  11.    #11  
    Very funny...yes there are a$$holes in every crowd...this one happens to be named mikec.
    Charles

Very funny...yes there are a$$holes in every crowd...this one happens to be named mikec.
    name calling..that's a good way to make enemies here Especially from someone who's is trying to cheat.
    chaz,

I'd been called far worse by far better.

you know the saying, "if you can't take a joke, .... you."

as someone trying to scam a code, I would think you would be a little more low profile, but there's one in every crowd.

got back to your fantasies of a 3-way with Hillary Duff and Vanessa Carlton, and leave the theiving to the amatuers.
    LOL had to google for tardanic.
  15.    #15  
    Would someone then kindly explain to me how this is trying to "cheat"? I was registered, and then unable to attend. Since then, I have received phone calls and e-mails from the event sponsors. Sending in an application to Vienna Channels to see if they will allow the discount or not hardly sounds like trying to cheat to me. As I am not trying to "scam" anything, I don't see why I wouldn't ask in the open. And I wasn't the first to start name-calling Mr. Tardanic...
    Charles

The coupon is for people who ATTEND the roadshow and sit through the show. If you are trying to take advantage of an offer for individuals who meet that requirement yet you do not, that is "cheating". Plain and simple. If you want to cheat that's your business, but cheating it is. You are a cheater.
    Calm down everyone. I think it's a bit presumptious to say who the coupon code was or was not meant for. Yes, I know that you had to stick around and fill out some survey to get the code and I have no problem with that. But chazglenn3 brings up a good point. I signed up for the Boston show and wasn't able to attend. I think that very evening I received an email from one of the partners there. How much you wanna bet that palmOne/Vienna will be giving out the email address I used to pre-register to all sorts of folks? Am I due nothing for this new bit of spam they'll be sending my way? If they're truly interested in soliciting feedback, why not mail me a CD-ROM with their presentation on it. I could then watch it and fill out an online survey for a chance to get the special discount. That way everybody wins, no?

All that being said, chazglenn3, the bottom line is that you're out of luck. Others have tried to use a code without attending (even if they pre-registered) and were denied. So I don't know that I'd bother trying. But, by all means call up or email someone at Vienna or palmOne and mention my idea to them. If they're willing to give you the discount, send me a PM to let me in on it. Remember who was nice to you.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Calm down everyone. I think it's a bit presumptious to say who the coupon code was or was not meant for. Yes, I know that you had to stick around and fill out some survey to get the code and I have no problem with that. But chazglenn3 brings up a good point. I signed up for the Boston show and wasn't able to attend. I think that very evening I received an email from one of the partners there. How much you wanna bet that palmOne/Vienna will be giving out the email address I used to pre-register to all sorts of folks? Am I due nothing for this new bit of spam they'll be sending my way? If they're truly interested in soliciting feedback, why not mail me a CD-ROM with their presentation on it. I could then watch it and fill out an online survey for a chance to get the special discount. That way everybody wins, no?

All that being said, chazglenn3, the bottom line is that you're out of luck. Others have tried to use a code without attending (even if they pre-registered) and were denied. So I don't know that I'd bother trying. But, by all means call up or email someone at Vienna or palmOne and mention my idea to them. If they're willing to give you the discount, send me a PM to let me in on it. Remember who was nice to you.

Scott

I'm very calm It's just funny how people react when they don't get the answer they are looking for.
  19.    #19  
    That is my point, Scott! Thank you! If Palm will not extend the discount to those that registered but were unable to attend, surely they should also take the names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of those same people off of the lists that are then given to the sponsors. They obviously know who was and wasn't in attendance. It seems like a double-standard to me...you were not at the show so, no discount for you...then sponsors, feel free to contact these folks that didn't make it to the show.
    Charles

That is my point, Scott! Thank you! If Palm will not extend the discount to those that registered but were unable to attend, surely they should also take the names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of those same people off of the lists that are then given to the sponsors. They obviously know who was and wasn't in attendance. It seems like a double-standard to me...you were not at the show so, no discount for you...then sponsors, feel free to contact these folks that didn't make it to the show.
    crimea river
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast