Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I really can't wait until you ask for something...
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Chaz,
    I'll ask for something:

Please stop your whining.
    You're acting like a 12 year old who didn't get their CD autographed by Hansen.

You had to attend to get the discount.

You did not.

Discount only for attendees.

Period.

Anyway you slice it, you are trying to cheat.

And you started the name calling, as anyone can see from reading the thread.

Although you think Scott's comments are carte blanche support, 99 percent of people would agree with me and dutch.

Take a poll if you like.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    i still don't get the tardanic joke. i googled it. don't get it. and i am a pretty funny guy. just ask me.
    Everex Freestyle -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Sony CLIE -> Kyrocera 6035 -> Toshiba e740 -> Tungsten T2 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre

visorcentral -> treo|central -> pre|central.net
    Search the 650 forum for that word...the definition and origin are in there.
    While I'm not Mike.... tardanic is TC slang/word combination (Copyright 2004 by MikeC) for Titanic Retard.

Not too funny in my book. While I appreciate humor of all types this is more insulting than funny. I'm sure we all know how it feels to want to find out some piece of information only to have it evade us or, worse yet, have people act like it is a big deal and tease. The fact is the code will NOT work if you didn't turn in a survey but if he wants to try, go for it.

The coupon code was treodata.
  6.    #26  
    Thank you treokiller. Not so much for the code, but for a bit of sanity in what quickly became an insane thread. I have an e-mail in to a gentleman at Palm One and am awaiting an answer from him as to the status of my request. So again thank you, but I will await his answer rather than be badged a "cheater" by the high and mighty that believe themselves qualified to judge.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by chazglenn3
    Thank you treokiller. Not so much for the code, but for a bit of sanity in what quickly became an insane thread. I have an e-mail in to a gentleman at Palm One and am awaiting an answer from him as to the status of my request. So again thank you, but I will await his answer rather than be badged a "cheater" by the high and mighty that believe themselves qualified to judge.
    Regardless of what the P1 reps says, you are still cheating.
    And I know you are not telling the person that you did not attend the show (otherwise, he would tell you to pound sand.)

Not judging, just stating the fact. Please move your persecution complex somewhere else.

There are many scammers and cheaters on TC...the thing is, most admit their intentions, instead of trying to justify it.
    I've got a new TC slang word = "antentive."
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by treokiller
    While I'm not Mike.... tardanic is TC slang/word combination (Copyright 2004 by MikeC) for Titanic Retard.

Not too funny in my book. While I appreciate humor of all types this is more insulting than funny. I'm sure we all know how it feels to want to find out some piece of information only to have it evade us or, worse yet, have people act like it is a big deal and tease. The fact is the code will NOT work if you didn't turn in a survey but if he wants to try, go for it.

The coupon code was treodata.
    Humor varies....a lot of people thought it was funny. You did not. C'est la vie.

The difference in all this is this wasn't some piece of info; Chaz asked for something he was not entitled to, with the intent of getting in a something he wasn't supposed to get. Whether you realize it or not, this hurts the legit people out there.

All I was doing (and others) was calling a spade a spade.

You have rewarded the cheater(s), and that is your choice. (not that he has the code itself, but now he is going to harass some P1 person and try to get it at the reduced price). I know exactly how this type of game gets played out.

Ethics seems like a lost arts these days...
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Humor varies....a lot of people thought it was funny. You did not. C'est la vie.

The difference in all this is this wasn't some piece of info; Chaz asked for something he was not entitled to, with the intent of getting in a something he wasn't supposed to get. Whether you realize it or not, this hurts the legit people out there.

All I was doing (and others) was calling a spade a spade.

You have rewarded the cheater(s), and that is your choice. (not that he has the code itself, but now he is going to harass some P1 person and try to get it at the reduced price). I know exactly how this type of game gets played out.

Ethics seems like a lost arts these days...
    here, here...
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Regardless of what the P1 reps says, you are still cheating.
    And I know you are not telling the person that you did not attend the show (otherwise, he would tell you to pound sand.)

Not judging, just stating the fact. Please move your persecution complex somewhere else.

There are many scammers and cheaters on TC...the thing is, most admit their intentions, instead of trying to justify it.
    So now you are making statments of facts that you have no knowledge about. For the record, Jeff from Vienna Channels gave me the e-mail address of the Palm rep that HE said I needed to contact. And yes it was stated right up front that I wasn't able to attend the show. As for your "sense of humor" I hope neither you nor anyone in your family has a retarded child. But hey, it's funny to you, so C'est la vie.
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by chazglenn3
    So now you are making statments of facts that you have no knowledge about. For the record, Jeff from Vienna Channels gave me the e-mail address of the Palm rep that HE said I needed to contact. And yes it was stated right up front that I wasn't able to attend the show. As for your "sense of humor" I hope neither you nor anyone in your family has a retarded child. But hey, it's funny to you, so C'est la vie.
    Chuckie,

I think we all know what you are trying to do. No use beating the dead horse.

As for a sense of humor, I'm sure you have never chuckled at something else behavior or misfortune.

And yes, some of my close family members and friends do have mentally and physically disabled children. ("retarded child" is very offensive; I thought you would know that...).

Those people have a sense of humor (ask anyone in the position - that's the only way you can survive). But I can tell you one thing:

They aren't thieves or cheaters like yourself.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Let me state right now I take no side in this little spat everyone's got going here but I would like to play Devil's Advocate for a second. For those of you that attended the roadshow and ARE CIO's, Executives, or IT managers raise your hand. Ok... *looks around* Put your hands down. Now those of you that attended the roadshow to just get the discount raise you hand. *looks around* I have a feeling some of you whom are lecturing might not have been as ethical as you profess to be. The Roadshow was designed to influence business types to use 650's in their companies. I would guess some TC members are the above listed types, but the majority are not.

As for the survey... I filled it out but did not put my name or address on it. Still got the confirmation email. We'll see if it ships.

Now let's stop the name calling. This is an open forum to share knowledge or ask questions, even newbies. Let's not act like it's a little boys club. Now shake hands and say you're sorry.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    There is a matter of personal taste when it comes to humor but using terms like "retard" or "***" just shows ignorance/intolerance. He just wanted info and the choice should have be to ignore it or reply with constructive information. Maybe he will try to "cheat" or maybe not, but the fact is that you need to fill out the survey or explain the situation to Vienna Channels. So there is really no easy "cheat".
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34
    Let me state right now I take no side in this little spat everyone's got going here but I would like to play Devil's Advocate for a second. For those of you that attended the roadshow and ARE CIO's, Executives, or IT managers raise your hand. Ok... *looks around* Put your hands down. Now those of you that attended the roadshow to just get the discount raise you hand. *looks around* I have a feeling some of you whom are lecturing might not have been as ethical as you profess to be. The Roadshow was designed to influence business types to use 650's in their companies. I would guess some TC members are the above listed types, but the majority are not.

As for the survey... I filled it out but did not put my name or address on it. Still got the confirmation email. We'll see if it ships.

Now let's stop the name calling. This is an open forum to share knowledge or ask questions, even newbies. Let's not act like it's a little boys club. Now shake hands and say you're sorry.
    I am in the former group, and my ethics are firmly in tact, thank you very much.

I agree this is an open forum. But please don't tell anyone they need to tolerate scammers, cheaters, etc. This is not a "newbie" issue.

As for apologies, I'm sorry Chuckie is gullible. ;-) (sorry, couldn't resist that opening.)
    Quote Originally Posted by treokiller
    There is a matter of personal taste when it comes to humor but using terms like "retard" or "***" just shows ignorance/intolerance. He just wanted info and the choice should have be to ignore it or reply with constructive information. Maybe he will try to "cheat" or maybe not, but the fact is that you need to fill out the survey or explain the situation to Vienna Channels. So there is really no easy "cheat".
    Easy Killah...

Don't throw that homophobia rhetoric out here. Nobody said anything like that (except you, just now). You should keep that in the closet (pun intended).

And you are right in one repsect - I am intolerant of people with a lack of ethics. (But I love my mentally diabled cousin and gay brother).

As has been stated, this is an open forum, and I will respond any way I see fit (and I would expect the same from anyone else).
    Well, if someone is taking a poll, I think attempting to get a coupon for a item you intend to purchase could hardly be called theft.

I also believe that calling someone a thief for doing so would hardly be moral.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12