Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    I am looking for an app the coulde make the main screen more helpful,
    not like agundus that you have to run the app, but like an app the covers or replaces the main screen.

    thank you.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrasonoman
    I am looking for an app the coulde make the main screen more helpful,
    not like agundus that you have to run the app, but like an app the covers or replaces the main screen.

    thank you.
    What would you like it to show/do ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  3.    #3  
    I would like to make the screen more efficient, more than just show time, signal, and the dial pad.

    But also that i dont have to start up the app, just be there.

    thank you for your help.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrasonoman
    I would like to make the screen more efficient, more than just show time, signal, and the dial pad.

    But also that i dont have to start up the app, just be there.

    thank you for your help.
    "just be there" - when - on power up ?

    And by "more efficient" - what other features would you like ?

    Not being picky - I am just trying to make sure what I offer now/in the future versions od 2day and/or TAKEphONE is what you need ...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    "just be there" - when - on power up ?

    And by "more efficient" - what other features would you like ?

    Not being picky - I am just trying to make sure what I offer now/in the future versions od 2day and/or TAKEphONE is what you need ...

    I have a t600 w/Sprint
    I am trying to research but I cant find the answer.

    will 2day tell me how many Voicemails I have?
  6.    #6  
    sorry for not being clear,

    I am looking for an app that replaces the main treo menu. the one with the dial pad, and have features like if you have e-mail, or an appointment.

    I have been reading about takephone and 2nd day, it seems that you have to use them together.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I have a t600 w/Sprint
    I am trying to research but I cant find the answer.

    will 2day tell me how many Voicemails I have?
    Hi,

    Sorry - no - just if you have new voicemail.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrasonoman
    sorry for not being clear,

    I am looking for an app that replaces the main treo menu. the one with the dial pad, and have features like if you have e-mail, or an appointment.

    I have been reading about takephone and 2nd day, it seems that you have to use them together.
    Hi,

    2day will show you your meetings & todos, and icons for unread voicemail, emails, sms, etc...
    It does not have a dialpad, but if you press a key on the keyboard it can start dialing or searching contacts.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  9. dwman's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

    2day will show you your meetings & todos, and icons for unread voicemail, emails, sms, etc...
    It does not have a dialpad, but if you press a key on the keyboard it can start dialing or searching contacts.
    Not trying to start another 2day thread, but did you add the VM icon in 2day, Shimon? I don't recall it being there before.
  10.    #10  
    I tried 2day, but you have to start up the app, is there way to make it the default screen?

    I dont need a dial pad.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasparks
    Not trying to start another 2day thread, but did you add the VM icon in 2day, Shimon? I don't recall it being there before.
    Hi,

    Currently it only works with TAKEphONE installed, and only on networks that do send the VM notification (and not an SMS notification).
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrasonoman
    I tried 2day, but you have to start up the app, is there way to make it the default screen?

    I dont need a dial pad.
    Under 2day's "Operation" preferences page - you have the "Run on power..." option/s.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrasonoman
    I am looking for an app the coulde make the main screen more helpful,
    not like agundus that you have to run the app, but like an app the covers or replaces the main screen.

    thank you.
    Hi ultrasonoman, Shimon is being much too modest! 2Day is probably exactly what you need. I use it show a "2day" screen when my (Sprint) Treo 600 powers up. You can configure this screen to show the "owner", that you have SMS's waiting, that you have emails waiting, your appointments (for quick access, not a replacement for Agendus, exactly what you want.) You can set up the 2nd button from the right to be shared between 2day and Agendus. (This is exactly what I did.) There is another option where you can tell it to show you the last screen you were on, if the time between your last shutdown and the current power-up is less than some number of seconds. (This feature is useful, when you are a slow reader in Xiino, like me, and the Treo shuts off when I get distracted. I set it to come back to whatever program I was in if the time is, say, less than 5 minutes, otherwise it starts 2day using the option that Shimon mentioned earlier in this thread.

    You are correct in realizing that TakePhone and 2Day are good together. I remember when seeing TakePhone (back in the days of my Treo 300), that it was such a good idea, that I rewarded Shimon by buying it literally "on the spot". Shimon has been very attentive to implementing features based on users' feedback, and I love the combination of Shimon's two programs with Agendus. I should also mention that Shimon has at least one other program (called 4Cast), which I demo'ed, but decided I didn't need to buy. Instead, I just had emails of the weather sent daily to my SMS so that I'd know how to dress each day. I think Yahoo does this but maybe I'm wrong. Let me know if you want details.

    EDIT: I forgot to mention that TakePhone can cycle between 4 or 5 of Shimon's TakePhone views and the default phone app's dial screen can also be thrown into the cycle of changing screens. A neat feature, is that you can have TakePhone go back to the TakePhone screen for calls made from TakePhone, but have it not go back when TakePhone is being used as a "helper" application (like when dialing from Agendus 9). Hope this all helps you, -- Bob


    Good luck and happy hunting as you find the right mix of software for your Treo,
    --
    Bob
    Last edited by sudoer; 01/19/2005 at 12:11 AM.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!

Posting Permissions