View Poll Results: Buying an extra battery?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

43 51.81%
  • No

21 25.30%
  • Undecided

19 22.89%
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I'm ordering my other accessories on Ebay, and I can't decide whether to get a spare battery or not.
    I didn't use one on my 600, so I don't see myself needing one on the 650. We'll see though
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    I'm purchasing one since the battery for the 600 was not reliable enough. Not sure how long the 650's will last being that it has a higher resolution screen, and it doesnt hurt having a back-up.
    I wear down my treo battery every day...by late afternoon, it needs a charge.

The extra battery will be a godsend.
    already got mine for $30 off ebay
    $30? cheap, better safe than sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    $30? cheap, better safe than sorry.
    Yep, check out dan's cellular accesories on ebay. I don't know how he gets his stuff so cheap!
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Yep, check out dan's cellular accesories on ebay. I don't know how he gets his stuff so cheap!
    He's probably paying $5-10 for that thing from China. He's probably buying thousands at a time. Those little "pocket rocket" scooter things that you are seeing everywhere. Those are purchased from China for between $100 and $200 each. They sell for $500 and up usually.

D.C.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Is this an OEM one? Hopefully not one of those exploding ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Is this an OEM one? Hopefully not one of those exploding ones.
    Yes..Dan only sells OEM accesories. I and many others here had great service form him with treo 600 accessories.

http://stores.ebay.com/Dans-Cellular...derLinksQQtZkm

check out his treo 650 store
    Yep...already got mine thanks to great tips here on TC re: Dans Cellular.
    Yes, 2 words: streaming audio I just hope Sprint doesn't screw me by taking away unlimited vision.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Already ordered from Dan (along with a car charger), and it will be here before the Treo 650 (on "Back Order" at PalmOne). At least I can put it on my desk and lust for the rest of the phone.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  14. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Already ordered from Dan (along with a car charger), and it will be here before the Treo 650 (on "Back Order" at PalmOne). At least I can put it on my desk and lust for the rest of the phone.
    I am ordering today from Dan's, along with the car charger. When it comes I will put it with the 256MB SD card I ordered 3 months ago. I like to be prepared. Now if I could just decide on a case/clip/pouch, I'd be in great shape (I know, there are a bunch of threads out there on that subject - TMI)
    Isn't the 650 supposed to have better battery life than the 600?
    Just got my extra battery and the car charger from Dan's. Also included was a cell antenna and a safe guard. Is everyone just tossing these into the trash? I don't think I have heard one good comment about the antenna and safe guard.
    Quote Originally Posted by maryann
    Just got my extra battery and the car charger from Dan's. Also included was a cell antenna and a safe guard. Is everyone just tossing these into the trash? I don't think I have heard one good comment about the antenna and safe guard.
    If you put them in the trash, someone might dig them out and use them or sell them on eBay... Your only option is to burn them... Make sure they will never be used!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    If you put them in the trash, someone might dig them out and use them or sell them on eBay... Your only option is to burn them... Make sure they will never be used!
    I found one two days ago outside of a dumpster and like a moth to the flame it is strapped to my 650 I now can get reception from somewhere in space. I spoke with a guy named something like Leroy Chiao but couldn't understand all of his words as he had bit of an accent. Anybody know who that is?????
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    ouch. that's an 'E' ticket to Chemical Burn city.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>