Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    For those who are beta-ing this, I have a question: How do you get the "weather find" function to work? More specifically, what contact fields have to be filled out in order for is to retrieve the locals weahter. I have tried United States of America, United States, USA, U.S.A. America, but to no avail. Anyhelp would be appreciated.
    Other than the "weather find" function, what are the upgrades / improvements and new features in the v9 beta edition?
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdied
    For those who are beta-ing this, I have a question: How do you get the "weather find" function to work? More specifically, what contact fields have to be filled out in order for is to retrieve the locals weahter. I have tried United States of America, United States, USA, U.S.A. America, but to no avail. Anyhelp would be appreciated.
    Don't feel alone - I've had no success with the weather functions at all, nothing but error messages. I keep up with the beta on the iambic forums, you might try there to see if there is something more specific to your issue.
    I am using the beta and even though there is a list of things listed on the forum, here are the improvements that I've really noticed:
    1. In the contacts you can now select a picture from the camera list, or take a brand new pic on the spot.
    2. Daily quotes are sent automatically via internet.
    3. Contact history now includes SMS messages.
    4. Add pictures to To Do.
    5. Now incorporates the Memo function.
    I had no problems with the weather function also, but there are times in the day that the update fails.
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    lulugirl, can you tell me if the contact history now displays the year in the date column? This is something I've written iambic about in hopes they would change it. It doesn't help me much to see my contact history if I can't see the year.

Thanks!
    Yes the year is showing. FYI, I downloaded the new version officially today and the weather function will no longer work for me.
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    Why is this version 9 ?
    Only difference I can see is the weather function that doesnt work.
    Hardly Windows 98 -> XP difference :-)
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Quote Originally Posted by Magohn
    Why is this version 9 ?
    Only difference I can see is the weather function that doesnt work.
    Hardly Windows 98 -> XP difference :-)
    so they can make money on upgrades?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    so they can make money on upgrades?
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!