View Poll Results: If you own a listed case, and are happy with it, please select that case below

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bellagio Treo Flip Case

1 4.55%
  • Bellagio Treo Cell Phone Case

0 0%
  • Covertec Treo Horizontal Case

11 50.00%
  • Covertec Treo Designer Case

1 4.55%
  • egrips for Treo 600

2 9.09%
  • E&B Slipper Case

0 0%
  • Handspring Neoprene Sport Case

0 0%
  • Innopocket/Rhinoskink Treo 600 Hard Case

2 9.09%
  • Innopocket/Pacific Rim Treo 600 Open Hard Case

3 13.64%
  • JAVOedge JAVOSkin

3 13.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1.    #1  
    Having read numerous threads regarding 'what's the best Case for my treo', and finding myself not 100% satisfied with the case I just bought, i figured perhaps it's time to generate some empirical data for the whole 'what's the best case' question, albeit empirical data on opinions!

anyway, i've probably overlooked some cases in the poll. i did my best to snag every mention of every kind of case in the various threads, and checked a few other sites for discussion as well. but this is hopefully a good start.

Because polls can only have 10 options, i'll have to split this over 3 topics.

I've also decided it would be useful to add three more polls - for *dissatisfaction*.
    Last edited by anastrophe; 11/13/2004 at 01:05 PM.
  2.    #2  
    To get to the next group of ten, click here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=62056
    Unfortunately, this poll will not be a good indicator of relevant dissatisfaction with a particular case as you would need to know the number of satisfied customers to be able to put the numbers in perspective.

Seeing 3 dissatisfied votes for a particular case, for example, could be misleading if there are say 47 positive votes on the other side of the argument (Which would be 94% approval). If there are only 4 positive votes, then that info is needed also.

I can appreciate the polls but not taking into account the "sample size" for each case makes the results less than useful...IMHO.
    Horizontal Covertec would be PERFECT if it had a stronger magnetic clasp (I had a no name case for a prior phone that was much better in this regard).
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ky70
    Unfortunately, this poll will not be a good indicator of relevant dissatisfaction with a particular case as you would need to know the number of satisfied customers to be able to put the numbers in perspective.

Seeing 3 dissatisfied votes for a particular case, for example, could be misleading if there are say 47 positive votes on the other side of the argument (Which would be 94% approval). If there are only 4 positive votes, then that info is needed also.

I can appreciate the polls but not taking into account the "sample size" for each case makes the results less than useful...IMHO.
    yes, i agree. the problem is really technical - the limit of 10 items in a poll. i've PM'ed a moderator to see if there's a way the limit could be bypassed for a particular poll. ideally, the poll would be structured with satisfied/dissatisfied paired up, and all choices in one poll. that would make for 60 items in the one poll, but at least it would give a much more useful result, e.g.

LIKE JAVOSkins ++++++++++++++++++
    DISLIKE JAVOSkins ++++++++

LIKE eGrips +++++++++
    DISLIKE eGrips +++++++

something like that.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    You didn't include the Rhinoskin Leather Flip Case. My fave.
    I don't see Vaja Cases?? I've ordered one....Expensive, but worth it...I have used them for all my past PDA's.....Great Craftsmanship!!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sign1941
    I don't see Vaja Cases?? I've ordered one....Expensive, but worth it...I have used them for all my past PDA's.....Great Craftsmanship!!
    they're listed - you have to follow the links listed in order to get to the additional cases. this poll sucks, and i created it! i wish the moderators would get back to me, it would really be nice to bypass the 10 item limit on polls for this one poll.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    I use a Lowepro case, made originally, I believe, to store compact flash cards. It sits on my belt, the Treo 600 just fits perfectly.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    i have to say i love this thread, i cracked up laughing while following the poll links... it reminds me of one of those do it yourself books- if you want to walk up the stairs turn to page 13, if you walk down the stairs, turn to 96... ;-)
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Sena and Vaja have beautiful cases. They should have been included IMHO.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidG
    Sena and Vaja have beautiful cases. They should have been included IMHO.
    they are included. follow the links further back in the thread. there's a ten item limit on polls here. i'd like to redo the poll with all the choices in one batch, but have not heard a peep from the moderators on getting a 'by' on that. so, for now, and the foreseeable future, this poll officially SUCKS.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    The clip on my Covertec horizontal broke this weekend. E-mail reply from Covertec said they'd replace free of charge! A+++!!!