1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried using a FM Transmitter that would usualy be made for a mp3 player but as a solution to transmit as a handsfree device? I'm looking for a good way to get my treo kicking in my new car without tearing it apart.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Try the iRock. Mine came from Radio Shack. Works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksawatsky
    Try the iRock. Mine came from Radio Shack. Works great.
    Ditto
    Anyone had tried the Seidio one, I'm interested in the 2-in-1 headphones and qould like to pay only one shipping. a small review of it would be higly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I recently got the seidio one (isound). It works great in the car. It comes with the unit in a cradle that goes into the cig lighter. The cord is their retractable cable, with an adapter (included) to go from the cord to the treo.

The one rather deceptive thing on their site is that they advertise this for "car and home." However, the reality is that when you take the unit out of the cig lighter case, it's connected in that case by a USB port!! After calling seidio, I learn that they do not even sell any adapter to be able to plug the unit in an outlet (and it won't work without its own power). Radio shack sells a DC/AC adapter (cig lighter to wall plug), but it's $30.

So.... I'd recommend it, as long as you only want it for the car.
    Is there anyway to get actual stations on a Treo 600 other then through Shoutcast? Also, can you get actual stations through Shoutcast?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    I recently got the seidio one (isound). It works great in the car. It comes with the unit in a cradle that goes into the cig lighter. The cord is their retractable cable, with an adapter (included) to go from the cord to the treo.

The one rather deceptive thing on their site is that they advertise this for "car and home." However, the reality is that when you take the unit out of the cig lighter case, it's connected in that case by a USB port!! After calling seidio, I learn that they do not even sell any adapter to be able to plug the unit in an outlet (and it won't work without its own power). Radio shack sells a DC/AC adapter (cig lighter to wall plug), but it's $30.

So.... I'd recommend it, as long as you only want it for the car.
    Thank you pdadoc, do you know if its possible to conect it to AC with any kind of USB-AC charger cable or something, I think they sell an DC car -AC adaptor thing (http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...oductCode=STA1), but I don't know if this one works with the iSound. Further info would be highly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Interesting.... that looks like it should work. It looks pretty much like the one in radio shack, but half the price. My suggestion would be to call seidio and ask for their tech support. I've spoken with them a couple times, and they have actually been very nice and helpful. Of course, they told me they don't have anything that would work! But you could ask about that specific unit (which the person I spoke with didn't mention).
    Thanks pdadoc, so in the end would you recommend on buying the thing? What about the ground isolator thing, I think if you sum everithing up would be a bit expensive. Is it worth it?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    as i said, it works perfectly fine in my car. i don't have any hum/noise when simply using the isound. seidio has a 10 or 14 day return for refund policy, so give it a try...I especially like that now with pocket tunes deluxe, i can actually stream internet radio over my radio....
    This company was thinking about making a T600 version of this SD/IO Pocket radio, but it looks like it never did:

http://store.yahoo.com/ibizpda/sdppo.html
    http://store.yahoo.com/ibizpda/treo600.html
    Radio Sahck offer their own version of the irock transmitter, however it has 8 channels instead of irock's 4. It work perfectly in my car with realplayer, pocket tunes and Kinoma (but don't tell the law i;m watching movies in my car in the front seat)
    Cingular GSM Treo 650
    Boston Brit