1.    #1  
    Yes another "No Wi-Fi" thread.

ONe point I have not seen here is that one of the Treo Developers told me that the CDMA chipsets are larger than the GSM sets.

Perhaps in the case of the PPC sprint unit Wi-Fi was eliminated becasue of additional size of the CDMA chipset and radio?

How upset would we (CDMA users) be if Treo 650 GSM had wi-fi and CDMA didn't?
    I think there would be less spam in this forum if the MODS didn't keep moving them. All of this has been talked about 20x already (no offense to mbrenner).

http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9 (forum everything gets moved too)
    The final question suggests that this relavent to the Treo 650 forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrenner
    Yes another "No Wi-Fi" thread.

ONe point I have not seen here is that one of the Treo Developers told me that the CDMA chipsets are larger than the GSM sets.

Perhaps in the case of the PPC sprint unit Wi-Fi was eliminated becasue of additional size of the CDMA chipset and radio?

How upset would we (CDMA users) be if Treo 650 GSM had wi-fi and CDMA didn't?

I personally doubt it has anything to do with the size of the chips at all. From what I could gather from the statements made by PalmOne execs at the recent Treo Roadshow is that the main reason there isn't wifi in the Treo is that the PalmOne's Tier 1 wireless partners did not want wifi, namely Sprint. The only major NA wireless provider that is pushing wifi in their handset devices is Tmo and that is only b/c of the wifi hotspot deal they have with Starbucks etc. As far as I can tell, wirless providers like Sprint itself specify if a feature like wifi is something they want to support on their networks. Apparently they did NOT and thus there is no wifi in the Audiovox 6601 and no wifi in the Ace. Another example is the disables DUN BT profile in the Sprint Treo 650...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions