1.    #1  
    tpp7i is a Real Estate specific contact management program. That is my #1 reason for carrying this big t600 around (it beats 2 devices).

The worst part is on Mon I have to cancel my much anticipated orders with P1 and VC.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I am a Realtor and have not heard of this program. I myself find Agendus and SmartList to Go to be very effective in managing contacts. Where can I find tpp7i?
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Never mind---its Top Producer, duh
    I'm not a Realtor, but I have to ask why you think the software is not compatible with the 650 when it was for the 600? Nowhere on their website does it mention any incompatibilities, and since the Palm OS in the 650 is not a major bump from the 600, even Palm believes almost all programs will be compatible between the two.

I'm not sure any of us can truly confirm or deny compatibility issues between the 600 and the 650 until the 650 is securely in the hands of us end users.

Not trying to start anything, I'm just wondering what makes you think it's not compatible already.

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    tpp7i is a Real Estate specific contact management program. That is my #1 reason for carrying this big t600 around (it beats 2 devices).

The worst part is on Mon I have to cancel my much anticipated orders with P1 and VC.
    That's why I never upgraded from 6i.
    6i will work on the 650.
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeK2
    Nowhere on their website does it mention any incompatibilities,

Funny.... I found this on thier website.

Palm OS Version:
    The version of the Palm OS that your handheld uses is also important. Currently TPP 7i is compatible with Palm OS versions 3.3 to 5.2.8, inclusive.

Note: The Palm OS is updated frequently, and the latest updates are not guaranteed to be immediately compatible with TPP 7i. For example, the palmOne Tungsten T5 uses Palm OS version 5.4 which at this time is not compatible with TPP 7i. Before you purchase a new handheld, it is recommended you contact TOP PRODUCER Technical Support to confirm that your handheld is compatible with TPP 7i. In regards to the Tungsten T5, we are aware of the current compatibility issue and are working towards resolving it as soon as possible.

Notice the NOT compatible with OS 5.4????

Believe me this is a huge dissapointment. I have been drooling with excitement for months now only to find this.

I am not putting down the T650 I just wanted to give Realtors a heads up that it wont work so if they use it, there is no reason to be anxious about the ship date.

I am going to cancell my early oder. I will wait until the program becomes compatible.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    6i will work on the 650.

Are you sure?

7i works on my T600
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Now that stinks. I will still order the 650. Let's see if we can lean on TPP folks for an update or patch. Still... it stinks... but I'm not cancelling my order. It's still the top dog in the market.
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Are you sure?

7i works on my T600
    I never went with 7i because I didn't want to have to pay a monthly fee just to have internet access to my contacts. I can get that for free from my own company.

As far as TP working with the 650, regardles of TP version, is there something here I am missing? I don't see why it wouldn't work. I thought I remembered TP saying it did not work on Palm OS 5x went it came out but it worked on the 600 anyway. There are a few bugs like when adding an address to the contact. Before installing Keycaps I could not enter the numbers in house number or zip code without bringing up the virtual keyboard. Guess we'll see, like everything else, if TP works on the 650 when it actually comes out.

BTW I am taking my Florida Broker exam on Tuesday so wish me good luck!

Of course if anyone wants to start doing referrals in or out of the Delaware County Pa or Brandenton Fl areas please email me!!
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    There are some pretty major changes in the way the operating system works in these new devices.. At this time our BackupBuddyVFS software isn't compatible although we are working to update. We hope to have an updated version of BackupBuddyVFS Professional and BackupBuddyVFS Personal available soon..

Please see this page for an interesting, albeit technical discussion of some of the big differences in the new OS. Although the page is titled understanding... T5 device, the OS of the T650 is going to be the same as far as we understand.

http://palmos.combee.net/blog/Unders...Performan.html

Bobby Genest
    Blue Nomad Sales & Support Team
    www.bluenomad.com
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    6i will work on the 650.
    6i is setup for hi-res???
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Not to get too far off topic for this forum, but I tried 7i for a few days and dropped it. It looked promising, but had too many short comings. Number one was an issue with my mail server. TP blamed email host and vice versa. I have been in RE for over 8 years, and have yet to find a satisfactory contact management program. I even invested a huge amount of time trying to develop my own solution in MS Access a few years ago. But I digress.

Bottom line is that I thought TP was garbage and certainly wouldnt base by hardware purchases around their compatibility wiith such inferior software as TP.
  13.    #13  
    It certainly wasn't a pitch for tpp. I just wanted to let those who do use it know that at this time it is not compatible. Its not P1's issue, tpp needs to release an update and will soon I am sure. When they do I will definately get the T650 but for now it would be useless to me.

I maintain 40 listings and close 9-10/month with only one assistant. So I find tpp absolutely indespensible. I have no choice but to make my hardware decisions based on the software they are capable of. Afterall what good is hardware without the software?
    You may want to take a look at RealtyJuggler. It's organizational software for realtors but with one big difference - it works with existing contact management software on your Palm. Call clients on your Treo, while synchronizing your contacts and appointments with Microsoft Outlook or Desktop.
    Scott Schmitz
    RealOrganized, Inc.
    Organizational Software for Real Estate