Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Do you people tailor these threads to **** me off? Or to encourage Seldom to voice his opinion again? I'm just curious. The bottom line is pretty simple. Wait. Don't wait. They aren't going to come on here (or anywhere else) and tell you what the hold up is. ESPECIALLY since they NEVER have given a release date, so technically, THERE IS NO HOLD UP!!!! That's right, the hold up is all in your imagination. Lawyer or no lawyer, I know that if someone takes me to court for not delivering a product when I said I would, yet can't deliver ONE SCRAP of evidence that I ever even gave them a date, in fact I can produce several pieces of evidence to the contrary, then they will lose that case. P1 hasn't ever given you a time line for them to be delivered by, therefore they aren't late. Now, if this is unacceptable to you, go buy something else. In fact, go find the company that openly reveals all it's ship dates in a highly competitive field and buy their product. I can even give you their email address. It's fairytaleland@aol.com. Good luck.
    Sheesh people, I want one to, but calm down.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Yes, the D.A. was investigating a mail-order hustle out of St. Louis in 1998. She told me that (I thought it was the U.C.C. but obviously my memory is incorrect) there were federal laws requiring that interstate mail-order purchases (In my case Kansas to Missouri) must be shipped within 30 from the day the credit card was billed. maybe things have changed in the last 6 years but I remember one of our local T.V. stations reporting the same thing.

Regards,

Will

P.S. I write Photoshop books, I don't sell gadgets ;-) (Joke taken in the spirit it was made)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    In fact, go find the company that openly reveals all it's ship dates in a highly competitive field and buy their product. I can even give you their email address. It's fairytaleland@aol.com. Good luck.
    Well, said DrD ^5
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleReeck
    You know, just because one guy from P1 on some chat said that 11-12 was the day doesn't mean that was set in stone. Since when does any company ever ship their product on time - assuming that 11-12 was even supposed to be "on-time"?
    Heh, could've been a typo too... perhaps the guy meant to type 11/22??? Whatever. My order's in and it will get here when it gets here. As I recall, my 600 came just before Thanksgiving one year ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by arielmt
    Heh, could've been a typo too... perhaps the guy meant to type 11/22??? Whatever. My order's in and it will get here when it gets here. As I recall, my 600 came just before Thanksgiving one year ago.
    people on this forum had it in October last year
    Do you people tailor these threads to **** me off?
    Yes. Of course. Look out for the black helicopter - it's behind you.
    Or to encourage Seldom to voice his opinion again?
    Can ya believe it!? Someone actually thinks it's okay for that jerk to have an opinion and give it! What's this world coming to!?
    ESPECIALLY since they NEVER have given a release date, so technically, THERE IS NO HOLD UP!!!!
    Well, gee, if that was a PalmOne person who actually gave that online chat then, I'm sorry, you're simply wrong aGAIN.

Want me to give the link?
    That's right, the hold up is all in your imagination.
    Nope, it's not.
    P1 hasn't ever given you a time line for them to be delivered by,
    Wanna bet?
    Now THAT'S funny!

HA HA HA!
    You know, just because one guy from P1 on some chat said that 11-12 was the day doesn't mean that was set in stone.
    Pardon me for saying "Huh?" but didn't that purported PalmOne person explicitly say something like:

== "Pardon the delay in answering but we want to make sure we
    == get the answers correct."

?

That sets it in stone in my book.

How about yours?

In other news, of course, the CEO and President of PalmOne (among a cast of thousands of PalmOne employees!), cited numerous times within the last month or so by numerous sources, have outright given timelines.

Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Pardon me for saying "Huh?" but didn't that purported PalmOne person explicitly say something like:

== "Pardon the delay in answering but we want to make sure we
    == get the answers correct."

?

That sets it in stone in my book.

How about yours?

In other news, of course, the CEO and President of PalmOne (among a cast of thousands of PalmOne employees!), cited numerous times within the last month or so by numerous sources, have outright given timelines.

Right?
    If that guy is so low on the totem poll over at P1 that he got stuck doing a web chat and couldn't get out of it, I would imagine he's not the first guy to go to for the inside scoop
    If that guy is so low on the totem poll over at P1 that he got stuck doing a web chat and couldn't get out of it, I would imagine he's not the first guy to go to for the inside scoop
    Lol!

Well, I certainly can't debate THAT POV!

Here's a link to that delightful condensed version of the online chat:

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=61720

and some particular quotes:
    The first shipment of Treo 650 devices will occur on Friday, November 12, 2005. Retailers will then decide on dates of sale per individual retailer upon receiving shipment.
    and
    Orders placed via our Roadshow partner, ViennaChannels, will be shipped on a first-come, first-served basis. The initial allotment of orders will be shipped directly from ViennaChannels on or after Friday, November 12, 2004.
    Note that this conflicts totally with the "about 4 weeks" out of Vienna latest.

And...
    All shipments of the Treo 650 from PalmOne will commence on Friday, November 12, 2004
    But of course there IS the gotcha:
    The Treo 650 will be available in limited supply until January 2005.
    that allows PalmOne to ship ONE TREO 650 and meets their stated shipping estimates!

Whatta racket!

=======

And this quote, of course:
    Keep in mind, all responses are reviewed for accuracy prior to posting.
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 11/13/2004 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Added the final quote which I originally forgot!
    Maybe Im being pessimistic, but that dude in chat was a fake in my opinion.

Someone please tell me Im wrong.
    Seldom, what amazes me is the amount of time and effort you put into your replies, only to COMPLETELY confirm MY point with them. "...to retailers, who will then decide...". Nothing about shipping them anywhere other than Sprint's warehouse, Radioshack's warehouse, Best Buy's, etc., etc. Your reading comprehension skills slipping as you age?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by RWerksman
    Maybe Im being pessimistic, but that dude in chat was a fake in my opinion.
    Easily could have been - there was a post or two somewhere here about just that.

However, the Prez and CEO and Marketdroids of PalmOne have said exactly the same thing in other situations so the purported "fake" wasn't far off...
  13. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Look at my avitar - that's how I'm feeling about now.

My belief (just an opinion) is that there are conflicting agendas within different departments in P1 and Sprint that are causing the problem. They no doubt already have the 650 in stock but can't agree when to release them.

Welcome to the world of corporate politics.
    Personally, I've got a feel P1 is waiting on Sprint to get ready to provision the new phones. Nobody wants to buy a new phone that they can't use. Once Sprint says they are ready to start servicing the new phones they will start shipping. Just my opinion. This would coincide with conversations I've had at Sprint stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by hub
    They no doubt already have the 650 in stock but can't agree when to release them.
    Actually, think there very much is doubt. You normally don't let millions of dollars in inventory just sit there. There was no concrete evidence that P1 was going to release the 650 on 11-12 or any day other than what the official line is - end of November, early December. But when that supposed P1 guy came on and send 11-12 and when Best Buy had that Nov 14th day in their computer, people went nuts. But I think both situations were just estimates. Especially the BB one. That Nov 14th day was probably just a day they filled in due to not having an actual one. I'll bet that after today it will say Nov 30th or some other generic date.
    Do you people tailor these threads to **** me off? Or to encourage Seldom to voice his opinion again? I'm just curious. The bottom line is pretty simple. Wait. Don't wait. They aren't going to come on here (or anywhere else) and tell you what the hold up is.
    Calm down. Relax. This is a message board and publicly complaining and gossiping amongst fellow users is one of the things that happens. Will palmOne sign on and give an official answer? Not likely. But if you don't like these threads, just don't read them. Don't shut down the original poster for wanting to vent, though. It's all part of the healing process.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackFan
    Personally, I've got a feel P1 is waiting on Sprint to get ready to provision the new phones. Nobody wants to buy a new phone that they can't use. Once Sprint says they are ready to start servicing the new phones they will start shipping. Just my opinion. This would coincide with conversations I've had at Sprint stores.
    I agree with your assessment. My guess is that a fairly limited supply of these phones is available (probably/hopefully still plenty enough to accommodate us early adopters) and palmOne and others are just waiting for Sprint to give the green light saying that their reps are prepared (well, as prepared as they ever are) for provisioning this new phone.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12