1.    #1  
    Hey guys,
    is it my impression or Palm has changed the power and sync jack on the treo650 from the previous treo models?

I have had a T270 and T600 and was really happy with handspring's policy of keeping all phones hardware compatible.

Now that Palm is on it they have changed the jack (as they traditionally do with their pdas...), which means that if you buy the 650 you will have to throw away all your chargers and sync cables....
    I find it sucks!
    What do you think about it?

I might even skip this treo version and wait for a new one (maybe with wifi) next year!
    yes.. they changed the connector from the handspring to the palm connector, which is the same for other palm devices. There were also technical problems with the pin outs of the handspring connector, it lacked several features that limited its uses.. notably the audio connections for car kits. A silly thing to be missing in a phone these days.

anoying yes, but hopefuly for the long-term good.

Personaly, I don't folow gadget-mania upgrade cycles, I wouldn't give up a Treo 600 for a 650. But I have a Sprint TouchPoint 2100 (Denso) POS phone.. so the Treo 650 is a light-year jump for me
    Quote Originally Posted by tatima
    Hey guys,
    is it my impression or Palm has changed the power and sync jack on the treo650 from the previous treo models?

I have had a T270 and T600 and was really happy with handspring's policy of keeping all phones hardware compatible.

Now that Palm is on it they have changed the jack (as they traditionally do with their pdas...), which means that if you buy the 650 you will have to throw away all your chargers and sync cables....
    I find it sucks!
    What do you think about it?

I might even skip this treo version and wait for a new one (maybe with wifi) next year!
    welcome to yesterday news
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperQ
    yes.. they changed the connector from the handspring to the palm connector, which is the same for other palm devices.
    Not exactly. It's the same as the Tungsten T5. But both are different than older Palm and Handspring connectors.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.