1.    #1  
    Just thought to inform you guys about a interview with Ed Colligan did with Cnet. Here he talks about treo 650 release in asia in early next year, same time as the gsm t650 in us. I searched the forum about this but couldn't find anything. I hope nobody posted this already.

http://asia.cnet.com/news/newsmakers...9200977,00.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by sj2004
    Just thought to inform you guys about a interview with Ed Colligan did with Cnet. Here he talks about treo 650 release in asia in early next year, same time as the gsm t650 in us. I searched the forum about this but couldn't find anything. I hope nobody posted this already.

http://asia.cnet.com/news/newsmakers...9200977,00.htm
    Taken from the above article...

What we're trying to do with the Treo is set a baseline.

Yeah duh!
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    Taken from the above article...

What we're trying to do with the Treo is set a baseline.

Yeah duh!

Dude, what are you still here? Yes, we all got the message that you love you pda2k, so be happy with it and leave already!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Interesting article, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Dude, what are you still here? Yes, we all got the message that you love you pda2k, so be happy with it and leave already!!
    Sorry if I offended (really). I just thought it was funny because, (while the Treo650 may soon be the best thing on the market), he is clearly admitting that its just a baseline product.

Anyway, I have a bunch of Treo600's. I am going to support tons of Treo650's. Just because I have a pda2k doesn't change that.

Also, the Treo650 is a pretty awesome product (so was the Tre600).
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    Sorry if I offended (really). I just thought it was funny because, (while the Treo650 may soon be the best thing on the market), he is clearly admitting that its just a baseline product.

My bad then, no offense intended then either...

From the Treo Roadshow presentations, the PalmOne execs clearly focused on the Treo brand as their 'base-line' in terms of expansion later on. They frequently used Sony's CD walkman as a paradigm to explain their strategy of what they would like to do with the Treo. Design and develop a product that would become the gold standard or 'baseline' in the category and then develop and differentiate the product into more varied and powerful solutions. If anything, that statement indicates to me that PalmOne is very serious about expanding the Treo line as oft talked about in the future...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    how come these dudes dont ask about wifi ...
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Hey GfunkMagic, what are the chances of you posting a full sized picture of your avatar
    Gfunk and others...

I got the impression (Chicago roadshow) that the 600 was the "baseline product" and subsequent models eminated from there. I hope that's the case, since the 600 doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon.

I second the "full size avatar" request.

Todd/Indy
    Sorry to burst your bubbles, guys. Keep to topic and let us keep gfunkmagic's signature and avatar as is.

Thanks in advance, gfunk, for your consideration.