1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of a reasonably priced Microsoft exchange host? I’m only looking for 1 account to have hosted. The reason is because currently I have a POP3 mail.com account, but once I get my Treo 650 I want to be able to take advantage of the email/contact/calendar syncing.

I would just host it myself, but I don’t even have a static IP and I know I would have to spend money on DNS servers to point to me and stuff—Plus the uptime would be like 10%, seeing as Verizon blows and I don’t have my own fiber backbone or anything.

If anyone has any other ideas, or thinks this whole idea is stupid, please let me know. Thanks!
    I run a small hosting company at jay.biz and I can provide you with a single e-mail address (pop3) for $5 a year. (This is assuming normal traffic and not mass exchanges of large files).

I'm sure you know however that you will need to forward your domain and change your DNS servers at the registrar where you purchased the domain.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, but I’m looking for someone to host Microsoft’s exchange server for me. I already have a pop3 account, and from what I understand if I want to sync everything (email, email folders, contacts, calendars, etc…) I have to have it all on an exchange server…
    I run my own ms exchange 2003 server. If you want an account let me know. tom@tj-networks.com
    WWW.MAILSTREET.COM VERY GOOD SERVICE
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    My partner and I use http://www.mailstreet.com. If you're interested in getting an account through us, let me know! gpacana@hotmail.com --Geoff
    www.mi8.com
    i used to use them, i believe it's around 12.95 per month + extra services... you get a 100mb mailbox, full exchange 2003, and they offer activesync protocol and goodlink and blackberry. overall they were really good, on occasion it was slow, but probably because i had 50 users going to them at once from the same location.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I tried searching support on mailstreet's site but of course you need to sign up for access to support. If I don't want to sign up for Good annual service, can I still at least sync all mail folders with an imap client like Chatter Email?

Thanx in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by SHADDROCK
    WWW.MAILSTREET.COM VERY GOOD SERVICE
    Check out 1and1.com, they do Exchange hosting for 6.99 a month (per account) that includes ActiveSync. You get 1gig of storage, full Outlook Web Access, Aliases, Virus Scanner/Junk Mail protection.

If you need or want Good Link, then Mail Street is your vendor. If you can live with ActiveSync, 1and1 simply can't be beat.

I have been a customer of 1and1 since their free offer (I guess about a year ago), nothing but positive experiences and NO downtime.
    I'm a new 1and1 customer and not so impressed... they are cheap, but I've noticed their tech support isn't so hot, and just as a note. Their IMAP server won't work with Snapper Mail... (Yes, it's a different thing, but just thought I'd mention it)
    Good point...I have never had the opportunity to deal with tech support.

Quote Originally Posted by pizenson
    I'm a new 1and1 customer and not so impressed... they are cheap, but I've noticed their tech support isn't so hot, and just as a note. Their IMAP server won't work with Snapper Mail... (Yes, it's a different thing, but just thought I'd mention it)