Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've got $80 per month including 2000 minutes, free weekends, free pcs to pcs, and unlimited data. There is no plan anywhere (present Sprint included) that is close. I can't leave!
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat
    I've got $80 per month including 2000 minutes, free weekends, free pcs to pcs, and unlimited data. There is no plan anywhere (present Sprint included) that is close. I can't leave!
    its sprint's version of silver handcuffs.

I think sprints prices are typically better, and ever since the number portability they've seem to be less aggressive on customer retention because they know the scales typically tip in their favor when plans are compared.

The whole concept of plans is really annoying. If there was a provider that offered me a plain "N cents per minute" plan with a reasonable price, I would switch. Like 10 cents a minute, just use as much as you want...whats wrong with that? I would switch in a heartbeat to that plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    My understanding is exactly the opposite. Lower frequency = better building penetration. One reference I just found from a quick Google search:
    http://nordicgroup.us/ssub/cellpcs.htm

Scott
    This is true, Want more proof....Go buy a 2.4 GHz phone....or....better yet, a 5.8 GHz phone.....haha then your in for a real treat! You'd be better off using two cans and some string.
    Quote Originally Posted by CySurflex
    its sprint's version of silver handcuffs.

I think sprints prices are typically better, and ever since the number portability they've seem to be less aggressive on customer retention because they know the scales typically tip in their favor when plans are compared.

The whole concept of plans is really annoying. If there was a provider that offered me a plain "N cents per minute" plan with a reasonable price, I would switch. Like 10 cents a minute, just use as much as you want...whats wrong with that? I would switch in a heartbeat to that plan.
    I believe that this is the way that it works in Europe. You don't pay for incoming calls, only the calls you make and they cost xx/minute, depending upon who you are with. So, the more you use it the more you pay.

Still, I have 2000 anywhere/anytime minutes with Sprint, unlimited data, unlimited PCS to PCS for around $105/month (that's with all the taxes and crap on it) and I've only gone over that limit once (and yes, it did hurt the bank account) but overall it's a great plan. That's why I ordered the T650 last week
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtext
    This is true, Want more proof....Go buy a 2.4 GHz phone....or....better yet, a 5.8 GHz phone.....haha then your in for a real treat! You'd be better off using two cans and some string.
    Actually I just got a 5.8 gHz cordless and it has fantastic range indoors and out. Go figure.
    SMS issue is big difference, if you rely on it. I have Cingular, have Sprint, and a phone number on T-mobile. Messaging has almost never failed with Cingular. It is very unreliable on Sprint, in my area, and I am heavy SMS user.
    Am moving both phones* to Cingular, EDGE coverage good in this area, would like to take advantage. Phone converage much better here too. So Cal
    ATT merge in effect now, almost 4 bars everywhere and increased data speeds I have noticed.

MEdia Works: $19.99 (that is outrageous?)
    Unlimited data including EDGE
    1500 SMS
    200 MMS
    If you compare the number of complaints on the boards regarding vision, sms, business services, battery life, data, you will such a much higher number of problems with Sprint/Verizon.
    Each area is different.
    Quote Originally Posted by CySurflex
    I thought every cell phone place has a plan like that. The problem is that it's not 10 cents a minute, but it's something fairly expensive like 25 cents a minute.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12