1.    #1  
    That'll be my preferred email method on the 650. I have to use the mobile phone gateway for YM on my Zire 71 with Web Pro - pretty crappy. I want full on, desktop experience Yahoo Mail with javascript address book and all.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Good luck with that.. But the only way to get a desktop experience is by using a desktop!
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkpitt73
    That'll be my preferred email method on the 650. I have to use the mobile phone gateway for YM on my Zire 71 with Web Pro - pretty crappy. I want full on, desktop experience Yahoo Mail with javascript address book and all.
    I use versamail (via wifi) on my tungsten with Yahoo mail. It works ok to read mail but thats about all
    Access Yahoo on mini-browsers via....

wap.yahoo.com

It has many My Yahoo services including mail, messenger, search, address book, calendar, news, finance, etc. A must site to bookmark.

Or if you are a paying Yahoo mail customer, you can get your mail via a POP3 client such as SnapperMail.
    I agree with the wap method, but then I just buckled down and bought an account to get POP access and have it integrate with the mail application. It's much faster to do it that way than it is over a browser. Also you can do other functionality like have the Treo check your mail for you every 5 minutes or so and let you know if you have new mail. You can't do that from Blazer. It was $20 a year and I'm usually more stingey than anyone, but it just made good sense.
    FYI, you can now get pop3 access on gmail! That might be the way to go if you don't wanna pay for Yahoo's pop3 service fee...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    FYI, you can now get pop3 access on gmail! That might be the way to go if you don't wanna pay for Yahoo's pop3 service fee...
    How do you sign up for gmail? I went to the website, and it looks like they're not allowing sign-ups.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    The Yahoo WAP is a pain in the **** for email. It gives you email in about 1 paragraph chunks...very tedious--constantly have to click and update. No option for delivering the rest of the message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolio
    How do you sign up for gmail? I went to the website, and it looks like they're not allowing sign-ups.
    It's still in beta, and is therefore invitation based. If you PM or e-mail me a first and last name and a current e-mail address, I'll send you one (it doesn't have to be your real name).