Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Well that's no good. My Best Buy still had a Treo 600, or two left. What happened to the family of Treo's concept??

It would be rather dissapointing if Best Buy were to stop carrying true smart phones. What really concerns me is what do us current Palm Phone people do? I have the 600 and my wife has an i-500 (which has already been discontinued). If there is no Palm, or even a Windows solution, we are back to carrying a Palm and a phone .

By the way, I don't consider any phone you can't easily enter information into a "Smart phone". The only thing smart about those phones is that you have a pretty screen and can download ringtones and games.

Anyone else have any insights?
    Any Best Buys have it yet??
    There was a Best Buy rep at my Palm Road Show, they will be carrying the phone, most likely after the first of the year.
    Some one on another post says his Farmngton Hills, MI Best Buy had 5 in stock....Hmmmm...Anyone know the validity of this??
    Ya i posted it. they had 5 in stock. I wanted to do an PSP exchange with my 600 and they wouldnt do it. I have another 650 i got from sprint. So i guess i have to wait till they get them in the PSP replacment area. But yes they had 5 in the store.they were sold the next day.
    so i was thinking of posting some information i might be possibly considering asking a fairly unreliable source sometime in the near to distant future, i'll keep you all updated.
    Ok. I have probably talked to 47 different Best Buy employees and I keep getting different stories on the Treo 650 (Sprint) availability. Some say "middle January" now, others say "at some point, but not sure when", and others say "Best Buy isn't going to carry PDA phones anymore". Does anyone have any idea on when, or if, the Treo 650 will be carried by Best Buy???
    I have been to three best buys (Mid-Missouri, St. Louis and near Chicago) where I was told the reason that the 600s were pulled off the shelves was to make way for the 650. At one store a very knowlegable woman said she had been to a meeting where they had been told that they were going to get the 650s a couple of weeks BEFORE the general release way-back-when date so that they could play with them to be able to answer customer questions, BUT they never showed up and despite her asking her higher ups, was unable to get any answer as to what happend or if they were ever going to get one. BTW she had a 600 as her cell phone and wanted the 650 for herself so was very interested in it.
    I hope they get them at some point--I have gift certificates and rewards dollars to spend at Best Buy. My frustration is just that I can't seem to get a straight answer out of anyone I talk to at Best Buy.

I guess I'll just keep on waiting!!
    Quote Originally Posted by islagle
    My frustration is just that I can't seem to get a straight answer out of anyone I talk to at Best Buy.
    I guess I'm amazed that anyone EXPECTS a straight answer from anyone at Best Buy. I can only speak to the one near my home, but I find it to be the worst shopping experience ever. I avoid it when at all possible.
    Does anyone have any ideas when/if Best Buy will get the Treo 650? I have a defective 600 with a best buy replacement warranty and would really like to exchange for a 650 if possible. They aren't carrying the 600 now or any other similar phone now. Sprint will replace the phone but obviously just for another 600. Anyone know anything that they aren't telling me in Best Buy? Thanks.
    So far no new news on the Treo 650. I e-mailed a little message to the people who are in charge of this stuff, and still have no response. This was done about 2 weeks ago. Actually I have bugged them twice, and still under my question through our systems at work it says.... (0) under feedback. So obviously there is either... 1. A problem, or 2. No one knows for sure.

As an employee it pisses me off that when you ask a question, they can't get back to you you with-in a few days. The people this message gets sent too, have the contacts needed to find out what is going on. It's not rocket science. The corporate people for BB that handle wireless, get on the phone, and call Palm, or they get on the phone, and check with the inventory team. Nothing can suck more then to leave your employees in the dark when a product that SAYS IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN OUT IN NOV, isn't out. So as of today, nothing yet. I'll check back tomorrow, and if I don't get an answer, i'll ask again.

I want the darn thing in store so I can buy it, but its not happening yet. As soon as I can get info, i'd gladly share it.
    Quote Originally Posted by islagle
    Ok. I have probably talked to 47 different Best Buy employees and I keep getting different stories on the Treo 650 (Sprint) availability.
    You have a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by wardp
    Does anyone have any ideas when/if Best Buy will get the Treo 650? I have a defective 600 with a best buy replacement warranty and would really like to exchange for a 650 if possible. They aren't carrying the 600 now or any other similar phone now. Sprint will replace the phone but obviously just for another 600. Anyone know anything that they aren't telling me in Best Buy? Thanks.
    Please monitor this post:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/showpost.php?p=508575
    for the answer.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 12/29/2004 at 12:27 AM. Reason: corrected broken link (as that thread was also merged here)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    < merged >
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    < merged >
    I'm all for merging threads to consolidate data and make information easier to find. But... is there a way to maintain consistency of links when merging? For example the link in post #154 is now broken.

Also, I think folks that had subscribed to the threads that get deleted when you merge don't get subscribed to the new thead. Is there a way to automate that? Or at least send them a PM informing them that their thread is being deleted and include a link to the new thread?
    Last edited by ERicJ; 12/29/2004 at 12:08 AM. Reason: update the post number with the broken link after another <merge>
    Link in Post# 154 was merged here. It was a solitary post.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 12/29/2004 at 12:30 AM.
    I'm not sure what this means, but if you go to the Best Buy website and redirect yourself to their cellular phones page, there is a Treo 650 pictured in the group of phones at the top of the page. However, when I do a search for the Treo 650 on the site, I can't seem to find it.

Who knows what this means, but at least they have the picture up there--it has to be a sign of things to come!!
    Treo 650 in stock (several, said the rep) at Best Buy in Culver City, CA. Saw it with my own eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by swingline
    Treo 650 in stock (several, said the rep) at Best Buy in Culver City, CA. Saw it with my own eyes.

GSM or CDMA version?

L
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast