Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    sometime soon I hope. We STILL don't have them yet. I'll be checking the inventory system again hopefully Wed.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    one person had luck at the store. it was a fluke. i wouldnt count on that.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I was the ONE person who had luck. The BestBuy associates have since told me that they would not be carrying the Treo 650. I got a complete refund.
    After reporting BB to the BBB, I got a check in the mail today for the full amount of my PSP plus tax. Bastards.
    Don't hold your breath on getting the 650 at BB. My local store told me they wouldn't stock them, and they were also phasing out PDA's (just look for yourself - one or two low end HP's, a Zire and Tungsten E - that's the litter you get to pick from - all runts).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Hmm, I need to check that tomorrow. The system has the unit under the inventory part, and for now it does say... Not carried by location. Now this only means that until it gets in. Seeing how there was an instock date (last month) and the 600 pulled from the displays months ago, I can't see them NOT carrying them.

And yes, you are SO right about the PDA issue. We did phase them out, and now all we carry are 2 HPs, The E, and the Zire 72. I remember when we had tons of them, and my dept was full of the devices. I was told BB lost so much money they had too.

Now if we don't carry the 650 i'll complain, and then i'll buy at the competitor. What i'll do is talk to the guys in charge of all the cell phone stuff at corporate, and see if I get anything back from them. We have this thing that allows us to ask a question, and someone higher up gets back to us.
    Thanks for keeping us posted quickstang!

The Treo 600 was a hot seller for Best Buy, so I can't see them not stocking it at some point. The PDAs were a money loser for them so pulling those was a no brainer.

So long as PalmOne makes a good memory fix for the T650 I'm going to try and upgrade. I've got over 450 contacts not to mention calendar and other data. That's one of the other reasons why I don't mind waiting till they've been in stock at BB for a while. At some point the stock of T600s will fall and they will offer upgrades. I think as long as you can wait a little while and not try to be the first guy in the store they will offer upgrades.

Now lets say they don't offer upgrades. What do you do? You take the replacement T600 that will probably work better than your current T600 sell it on EBay still in the packaging and use that money to buy a T650 .

And if the memory fix is no good I'll happily take a replacement T600 that will probably work better than my current one.
    Just an fyi... as of last night the Beaverton Best Buy store was still displaying Treo 600's; so presumably they had some in stock.

There's been some news stories recently related to Best Buy that some stores will carry different inventory than others, depending on what they think the local market is. Maybe this is related??
    That's funny that they are still displaying them. I know that the 600 was removed from display in CO stores around October, and I also notice too there are none in the KS stores.
    As of last night, STILL no Treo 650 in the inventory. Still says... Not carried by location, and an instock date of 11/14. I decided ask on a higher level what is going on. Will hopefully get an e-mail response at work in a few days. I asked about Sprint, and Cingular. We'll see what kind of response i'll get. Hopefully something.
    Just thought I would let you know I am awaiting a response from the Best Buy Wireless Team (corporate) to find out the deal on the 650. Sprint & Cing. As soon as they find out, they said they will get back to me.
    lol....okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah
    lol....okay.
    What is that supposed to mean?
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I think he's referring to the fact that BB has been notorious for giving wrong information, or being WAY behind the info we already have here. I got an email from my Cingular business rep this morning updating me on availability - Jan 20. I imagine all the purchase channels will get theirs around the same time, so that would include the big box stores, too. The accuracy of that date remains to be seen, though. Keep you fingers crossed, and let us know what you can get from BB. If the dates coincide, maybe we are looking at an actual date and not another long postponement.
    Vince
    I was just making sure he didn't think I just called out of the blue. This was a sent e-mail from our systems that go directly to the wireless team that checks into that stuff. We'll see if there is any new news tonight. I know they are off as the date in the sys said 11/14, and obviously that's a month past. But with the Sprint already having it, hopefully i'll get at least that answer, and maybe the Cing too.
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman
    I think he's referring to the fact that BB has been notorious for giving wrong information, or being WAY behind the info we already have here. I got an email from my Cingular business rep this morning updating me on availability - Jan 20. I imagine all the purchase channels will get theirs around the same time, so that would include the big box stores, too. The accuracy of that date remains to be seen, though. Keep you fingers crossed, and let us know what you can get from BB. If the dates coincide, maybe we are looking at an actual date and not another long postponement.
    Vince
    that....and the fact, why be premature about it and just tell us whatever answer you hear? it's not like you know us, or talking to us person to person. i dont think anybody really cares that you emailed corporate. not trying to have an attitude, but there's literally a couple hundred+ different posts of people talking about, "i just emailed the company, i'll tell you their answer whatever/whenever that would be"....yeah.
    I will have to agree. I read this thread because the title says "Treo 650 update at Best Buy" and I think I am going to read about an update and all we get is "Hey I'm waiting for someone to tell me something that may or may not be correct."
    If I throw a stick, will you go away?
    Hi all!

I have been a long-time watcher of this site and a current owner of the Treo 600. I am a big fan of the Treo design, however am ready to trade in my 3rd broken Treo.

With a Best Buy Service Plan I am hoping to be able to trade in for a Treo 650. I saw it at the Sprint store and fell in love all over again. I understand with Best Buy's new policy that I may be annoyed that I can't "upgrade", but unless they carry it I can't be told no.

I have done several searches on this forum and although I saw this topic, or a variance of it, I still have not seen any real responses.

So, to keep this topic alive for the few of us depending on Best Buy to release the 650, is there anyone from Best Buy, Sprint, or partner who may be able to put to rest the question of availability in the Best Buy system?

Greatly Appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by cinbrnboy
    So, to keep this topic alive for the few of us depending on Best Buy to release the 650, is there anyone from Best Buy, Sprint, or partner who may be able to put to rest the question of availability in the Best Buy system?
    Greatly Appreciated!
    I went by BestBuy the other day and looked for PDA phones and specifically for the 650. I could not even find the Treo 600 there! When I talked to a sales person about PDA phones and the Treo 600 and the 650, he said that BestBuy is going away from PDA phones and will only offer "smart phones" in the future and they have already stopped selling the Treo 600...
    Quote Originally Posted by curlykraut
    I went by BestBuy the other day and looked for PDA phones and specifically for the 650. I could not even find the Treo 600 there! When I talked to a sales person about PDA phones and the Treo 600 and the 650, he said that BestBuy is going away from PDA phones and will only offer "smart phones" in the future and they have already stopped selling the Treo 600...
    It really would be great if Best Buy went away from hiring idiots that talk out of their arse.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast