Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Starrwulfe, can you comment on whether BB will offer the cel or PDA PSP for the 650, i.e., will it be in store service or "go to the sprint store"?
    Quote Originally Posted by swingline
    Starrwulfe, can you comment on whether BB will offer the cel or PDA PSP for the 650, i.e., will it be in store service or "go to the sprint store"?
    More than likely it will be a PDA PSP. But that is good, because it is a PRP! The "R" means its a Replacement plan. You can't just go to BB and swap it out though, you gotta call 1-888-Best-buy to do everything I think. You'll just get a voucher for the price you paid on the treo in the mail, and you go to BB and use it on the new device. At least this is how I think it works now...
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    Quote Originally Posted by starrwulfe
    More than likely it will be a PDA PSP. But that is good, because it is a PRP! The "R" means its a Replacement plan. You can't just go to BB and swap it out though, you gotta call 1-888-Best-buy to do everything I think. You'll just get a voucher for the price you paid on the treo in the mail, and you go to BB and use it on the new device. At least this is how I think it works now...
    They really screwed me on my 600. If it is in your 1 year palmone warranty they'll tell you to get a replacement through sprint. Then after the one year is up, they'll mail you a refurbished unit.

Don't buy it. Not for $79.00

And what you described above might be for a PDA PSP, but if they didn't consider the 600 a PDA, why would they consider the 650 a PDA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandango
    They really screwed me on my 600. If it is in your 1 year palmone warranty they'll tell you to get a replacement through sprint. Then after the one year is up, they'll mail you a refurbished unit.

Don't buy it. Not for $79.00

And what you described above might be for a PDA PSP, but if they didn't consider the 600 a PDA, why would they consider the 650 a PDA?
    The battery on my 600 went bad about a month ago. I called best buy who told me I had to call the 800 number. Called the 800 number and they were going to ship me a refurb. I said the refurb battery would likely go bad quickly and I was not happy... After a little chat on the phone I calmly said I would like a full refund for the 600 and PSP plan. She then put me on hold & spoke with her manager. She got me a brand new 600. It came in the mail very quickly. The instruction said they only wanted the old phone (no accessories) back. I got new accessories and got to keep my old ones.

So it is not all bad.

Tom
    That was part of the problem apparently. Different stores were doing different things. My store has always treated it like it was a pda. But others treat it like a phone. Some do what you had to do, and make you go back to your carrier, My store has always done an in-store swar no matter what. THats whay on August 27th, BB corporate decided to make all PSP and PRP holders call the number to get their PRPs and PSPs validated. This way it will be the same policy across the board
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    Any recent updates on this? I'm patiently waiting on BB to carry this...
    Well, I can tell you I just went in to Best Buy to take some test that took all about 5min, and decided to check inventory again. Still says... Not Carried By Location. In-Stock Date... 11-14-04. What is taking so long to get I have no freaking clue. I know that the 600's were pulled off my last stores shelves 2 months ago. The 600 was on clearance. This right there told me there would be a 650 before we even really knew for sure.

But...I'm waiting as well.
    That's wild- non at BB- yet local Frys (their smalles store) has 3 in stock.
    Where is the Fry's that you're referring to?
    Yeah, this is stupid if you ask me. I want to play with one, and hoping with Best Buy gift cards I can buy one. Plus too I get a discount on the PSP, and that saves me so much hassle in the long run. Some people have bad luck, but i've managed to make sure i'm taken care of.

I'f we don't get them soon i'm gonna scream
    Yep, I have some reward zone certs I want to use on it... cmon best buy...
    Frys in Manhattan Beach
    frys in plano texas had left last night
    In main Best Buy in Chicago today, update is "end of December". Who knows though...
    Now or never....any updates best buy spies????
    Hmm, well my patients would have probably worn out if the HFL problems didn't exist. But since that's still an unresolved issue I'm still waiting for BB to carry the 650 to exchange my defective 600. I imagine they'll have them sometime soon.
    so my treo 600 is dead god rest its soul. Luckily I bought it at BB with a warrenty so I can now get the treo 650, but I haven't seen a 650 anywhere. Any 650s at BBs by you
    good luck buddy.

you have to call that 866 number. you can't make an exchange at the store. they will send you a refurbished 600. unless you are still under the one year palmone warranty. in which case they will tell you to call your provider or palm.
    Good luck is right!

I tried to get my 600 upgraded (the 600 was legitimately trashed, my fourth one, I told them that I was willing to wait). NO GO at the 800 #. I settled for another 600. (At least it was the Palmone version of the 600).

There are previous posts of people going to a store and speaking with the manager, and the manager made an exception.

If anyone has had any luck, please let us know.
    When the Treo 600 first came out Best Buy did not have them in stock till a while later. When I got my T600 from Best Buy in January of this year it was still selling out very quickly and they were short on supply.

The T650 just came out. Give it time. It probably will be at Best Buy some time in the near future I would suspect, but I don't know anything for certain.

I've got a T600 that has been certified defective by Sprint PCS and I've got the documentation from their tech support that looked at it. I am also waiting for Best Buy to get the T650 in stock in order to upgrade. I'm going to wait till it has been in stock for a little while though. If you jump too quick they are sure to pass off a rebuilt T600 on you. If you wait till they are not selling out of T650s like hotcakes and the "new" wears off a little it will be easier to get them to move you up to the T650 IMHO.