Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    may I ask u why u want to buy from Bestbuy?
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    probably doesn't want to go through the wait time involved with ordering online or may want to use a best buy credit card... I'll be visiting two best buys in the dc area for other products (if i do get a treo, it will be through vienna channels) and i'll be sure to post up if i see it here locally.

Quote Originally Posted by zizo1972
    may I ask u why u want to buy from Bestbuy?
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    Probably never...I wouldn't be surprised. I went there the other day and didn't even see a Treo 600 out on display. I inquired if they had accessories for any Treo, and they said no.
    I have $500 in the performance plan on a Samsung I330 which means I can get a Treo 650 for $150. I'm motivated
    I was at a Best Buy yesterday (Louisville, KY), asked when they would be getting any accessories for the 650. The Best Buy guy said he didn't know, and had no idea where to get one. That is when I told him you could order it by calling SprintPCS and showed him mine.
    I want to trade in my Samsung i330 for a 650
    Any Best Buy updates?
    Wondering the same here.
    The smurfs at BB dont seem to have a clue, and keep telling me it's not even in their system while I know for a fact that as of 2 weeks ago, it was as I saw it!
    Beach Computers
    Affordable online solutions.
    Visit us today for great web hosting deals:
    http://www.beachcomp.com
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    and none of them had the 650 on display. two of the three had 600's on display. spoke with reps milling about three of the stores and none of them could tell me when they would be getting the 650 in stock. i've already ordered mine, but thought i'd check here in the dc metro area while looking for this stupid time crisis game which i finally found at best buy number 4...

Quote Originally Posted by nonstop
    Any Best Buy updates?
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    Man... when I was at Best Buy the other day the kid told me they would NEVER have the TREO 650. Could be just that location, could be every location. I donno, did you call Best Buy?
    If they're "never" having it, they will have to refund my 600 and insurance money so I can buy one elsewhere.
    Leave it to them to screw ppl over.
    Beach Computers
    Affordable online solutions.
    Visit us today for great web hosting deals:
    http://www.beachcomp.com
    I would thing Best Buy (at least some of the stores) have them now. Frys got their 2 days ago.
    Largest Best Buy in World is in my neighborhood, I'll try there tomorrow...Where's the guy who worked there and saw the SKU #
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beachcomp.com
    If they're "never" having it, they will have to refund my 600 and insurance money so I can buy one elsewhere.
    Leave it to them to screw ppl over.
    dont count on you being able to use your insurance money dude.
    that is done with and over.

you now have to call in all your "replacments" over the 800 line and they wont budge an inch from replacing rather than upgrading.

do searches in my forum for many pages of rants raves and curses against Best Lie and their evil ways for myself and others a month or so back.
    i had an insurance plan through circuit city which they sold to me as an upgrade plan. it was awesome the first time i used it to upgrade my sprint phone two years ago. i actually got money back. when i went in to upgrade to the treo 600 last year, they were no longer carrying sprint and the phone had to be damaged. i told them it was bs that they sold the plan as an upgrade plan. they only offered to refund me a prorated amount of the plan. lame.

i also didn't see the 650 at best buy friday and it wasn't at the sprint store at the yerba buena location here in sf today. i placed an order on palmone on saturday and got an email saying my billing address was wrong. i sent them the correct address, but i hope that means they are shipping it already after only 1 day!
    Any news?
    I am glad I did not wait on Best Buy as originally planned. After they had no clue as late as 13 Nov, I gave in and ordered at PalmOne, got it the day before Thanksgiving. If you are waiting on Best Buy, I would recommend saving yourself the $50 bucks (lists for $649. is the rumor) and order through PalmOne.

Eric
    I've got a PSP i'm hoping to cash in on though...
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    FORGET YOUR PSP.
    they dont honor that anymore. they have it in the PSP that they are allowed to change their PSP terms anytime they want. nice huh. now you have to call the toll free number. call your local congressman or hit man and make a difference!

SEE THIS LINK FOR THE WHOLE GORY STORY
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=buy

sprint store just called me with "treo 650s are in store" so just so u know seeing as how best buy doesnt warranty in store replacements on their warranties, ditch em and go with sprint and just get the monthly insurance. palmOne has you covered for a year for defects at which point u know u will upgrade to the next best thing if you are in this messageboard in the first place and meanwhile u are covered for loss, theft, smashing it against the ground in frustration etc minus a $35 deductible if you do drop it in the toilet or something.

lets see Best Lie do the same!
    Last edited by wahili; 12/01/2004 at 11:55 AM.
    I know, but I've been promised by two employees at BB that I'll be able to upgrade do to my numerous replacements. I'll believe it when I see it. As for jumping now, I don't really see the need to spend 650 on a new one when the 600 works fine and has a lot of memory . Now for free, thats' something else...