Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Hey all I have been searching around work for more information but have not had any luck. I checked our inventory system on wednesday and it still said November 14 as the in stock date. Like I said before I believe it is going to be next week sometime. The in stock date is the date in which we are supossed to recieve it in the truck for the first time. I will keep you guys posted over the weekend.
    "Could I have been anyone other than me"
    -Dave Matthews Band"
    The service plan is nice. Itís cheaper than sprints phone protection plan. I was going to wait for best buy to get it, but I bought one from palmone because of the free headset offer, I donít think I will regret it. My treo 600 was bought from their with the service plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger
    The service plan is nice. Itís cheaper than sprints phone protection plan. I was going to wait for best buy to get it, but I bought one from palmone because of the free headset offer, I donít think I will regret it. My treo 600 was bought from their with the service plan.
    Just remember the service plan is not insurance. It won't cover loss theft or damage. Sprint lockline insurance is $4 a month and you don't have to deal with hit and miss best buy support.
    Yea, thats the only draw back to the best buy service plan. I guess thats why their is a difference in price.
    Hey,
    Any Best Buy employee out there that could check the system. Are the 650's in inventory? Are they on sale as of Sunday?

Thanks
    No.

TheHandlessKing
    The one line I won't cross. As much as I want the Treo 650 now, I'd wait till christmas rather than get it at Best Buy.

Yes, I have a little pent up anger regarding Best Buy. Grrr. I hope they don't have it before I get it from P1, so I don't have to hate them more than I do now.
    Quote Originally Posted by amb34
    The one line I won't cross. As much as I want the Treo 650 now, I'd wait till christmas rather than get it at Best Buy.

Yes, I have a little pent up anger regarding Best Buy. Grrr. I hope they don't have it before I get it from P1, so I don't have to hate them more than I do now.
    Hello - I am not a proponent for Best Buy or anything, but just curious, why the bitterness? I buy things there are all the time. The only negative thing I ever have to say is that I hate getting offered the rip off maintenance agreement, but hey, I can always say no (which I do).

Eric
    Why do people hate "Best Lie"? Because they are the epidemy of all that is evil and wrong in marketing and sales. They go off on how they don't like customers who shop smart and price shop. They don't honor their price match offer unless it suits them. And the protection plans are rediculous. For instance:

A guy walks into a "Best Lie" in Santa Fe, NM. Altitude 7,000 feet. And proceeds to purchase a Pioneer plasma TV WITH the protection plan coverage. Now the salesmen tells him this basically covers EVERYTHING that could ever go wrong with it. However when he (the customer) calls "Best Lie" later they say it only covers things with the same conditions as the factory warranty. Well guess what, the factory warranty specifies plasma TV's are NOT designed for altitudes over 5,000 feet and as such the warranty is void. Thus the "Best Lie" protection plan is void.

This is simply how they run their buisness, not a care for the consumer, and only after money. They deserve what they get as internet business sales destroy local/national chain businesses.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    That is so bad! Can't you take some sort of legal action? Man, I just can't believe that...
    Hey good argument. I always avoided the maintenance agreements anyway and apparently do my own research before buying. As usual, I tend to know more about the product I am buying than the sales rep and by the time I buy it and simply go get it. I appreciate your insight though.
    Eric
    Hey Best Buy guy - anything new to report yet on 650 being in stock?
    Thanks,
    Eric
    I have to say I've always been very pleased with Best Buy. I've probably bought 5-6 PC's from them, TV's, etc. and never had any problems. I buy the maintenance plans sometimes depending upon what the item is, how likely it will fail and how much the plan costs.
    i buy at best buy as well, but like kirkeric, i know more than the salespeople about what i want when i go in to finalize... (see my comment in a sprint store thread about some of the employees just having made the big jump to this job from 'fry-o-lator supervisor') occasionally there is a good one, who really has an outside interest in electronics and stuff, but it's not prevalent.
    Last edited by aarons12; 11/13/2004 at 10:06 AM.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    No, but I go into work today and can check to see if there are any in transit.
    -Dave Matthews Band"
    Quote Originally Posted by jimHy
    Hey,
    Any Best Buy employee out there that could check the system. Are the 650's in inventory? Are they on sale as of Sunday?

Thanks
    I saw the ad for sunday and there is no 650 in there, but the in stock date (Nov. 15) on our inventory system is still the same so I'm counting on it. I go into work today so I will find out for you guys.
    -Dave Matthews Band"
    <thread merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by ferminsaldana
    I saw the ad for sunday and there is no 650 in there, but the in stock date (Nov. 15) on our inventory system is still the same so I'm counting on it. I go into work today so I will find out for you guys.
    Hey, appreciate it. I just called a couple Best Buy stores (as well as sprint), no luck yet. The BB guys do see it in system with price but they all seem to know little on when the 650s will arrive. It doesn't sound like the computer tells them that type info. If you find out something that would be great!
    Eric
    Has anyone been to BB yet to check and see if they are stocking the phones? I am sure to go pretty soon and since they dropped Half Life 2 4 days early who knows they might do that to the Treo.
    all the unscrupulous bb employees will buy all three units shipped to the stores and sell them on ebay before they ever hit the shelves.

happened with the ipod mini, will happen again.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast