Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    What makes you think PalmOne doesn't know when the TREO 650 is really going to be available?

Good grief - PalmOne's MAIN marketing technique (and perhaps the only one that gets any ROI) is "buzz".

They know.

They simply aren't saying.

Better to get folks endlessly discussing it - like with "launches" and "releases" then "preorders" (Gawd,I luv that term! HA HA HA!) then "awaiting shipment" then...giggle.
    This is sooooo true. Also consider this, MANY.... competing product just hit the market. Palm had to announce the Treo650. Just think about it: if they still hadn't announced it, we would all be talking about the 6600 instead right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert C. Lee
    Why would you invest $6000+ in a product you have never tested? Regardless, production is spooling up... just because you can't get one in the first 2 weeks of availability doesn't negate the sale unless you are really that impatient. There will be plenty of Treo 650s to go around once the hype is over.
    You make $6000 sound like a lot of money. For an individual it is, but for a corporation? I must put in an order to Dell, on behalf of a client, for $6,000,000 worth of notebook computers. They're now deciding whether to spend another $300,000 for a "complete care" warranty.

For many companies, a $6000 purchase just isn't a big deal.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenB
    It's all bush league.
    What does this mean?????
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    You make $6000 sound like a lot of money. For an individual it is, but for a corporation? I must put in an order to Dell, on behalf of a client, for $6,000,000 worth of notebook computers. They're now deciding whether to spend another $300,000 for a "complete care" warranty.
    It is a lot of money, whether you're MSFT or the local pizza shop.

$6000 is just the equipment cost. Then you have carrier costs, training, software. Then you have losses if it doesn't do what you want it to do. The last one is ultimately the deal breaker. Explaining to your boss why you have spent money with no results is not something I'm prepared to do, and moreover, most companies won't spend the money to begin with without you providing a business case.

This is sort of why the Treo Roadshow with the vendor trials exists. Companies will not blindly dump a solid platform like Blackberry, and spend thousands or hundreds of thousands on a new platform unless they're convinced it will deliver.
  5.    #25  
    bush-league (adj).
    1. Baseball. Of or belonging to a minor league.
    2. Slang. Of inferior or unprofessional quality; second-rate: a bush-league advertising campaign.

I hope you don't think there was any political motivation for the expression. I was trying not to use profanity.
    StevenB
    Because I've never done it before and I wanted to see if it really worked.
    Did it?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland

The same thing happened when I ordered my car. It was "it'll take 4-8 weeks."
    What type of car? Does it have BT? and a flip out keyboard?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    bush-league (adj).
    1. Baseball. Of or belonging to a minor league.
    2. Slang. Of inferior or unprofessional quality; second-rate: a bush-league advertising campaign.

I hope you don't think there was any political motivation for the expression. I was trying not to use profanity.
    Oooooh! Gotcha! No, I wasn't challenging the possible political insinuation, I just genuinely had no idea what it meant! I'm English, you see...
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I work for a company of 43,000. About 10k of them use Crack Berries, and Tungstens and M515 and M505's. I offered at one of the Roadshows to get P1 in front of my people who make buying decisions for a chance to consolidate.

Guess what, it will be a cold day in you know where, before I offer P1 any help after we being the biggest supporters of P1 and we are either:

A. Ignored.
    B. Given Conflicting Information.
    C. Pitting Vienna channels in One Corner, versus TC in another,
    versus P1 in another, and their biggest supplier SPRINT in another.
    D. If P1 treats their biggest and best customer SPRINT like the kid we all knew in school with snot hanging out of his nose, then there is no way
    that I will put my name and rep on the line for them.

I did talk with the P1 marketing lady at the Long Beach road show, and
    she seemed nice, but I will wait patiently on my 650 like everyone else,
    but I am very disapointed with how professional and nice they were at
    the Road shows, and how unprofessional they are now. Unless you are the
    CEO of Cisco/Intel/ etc.(Business Section of LA Times Article) you are not allowed to have a 650. I will probably see some ego gun - strapped "Crack" star or some brainless blond from "Friends" with one in Los Angeles before P1's most faithful supporters get ours.

Okay I am done venting. I am sorry TC members. I love you guys, I just hate P1 and their lack of professionalism.

Mark
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12