Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Based on attending the Chicago Road Show, It sounds like Verizon just got the T600 up and running and typically it takes about a year before the next version to come along. This came from a general statement from a P1 guy.
    FastFrank
    Thanks, donnyb. That is what I wanted to hear - "it sucked but now it is much better". I hate to go through the "try it again for 15 days" route.
    First, I would HIGHLY recommend Sprint over Verizon (and do, on a regular basis since I sell them both). With Free & Clear America you get the BEST data deal in America, AND the ability to roam whenever you need to. As for the poster who kept pointing out that you can only use "half" of your regular network minutes roaming, what crap. I realize your only pointing out Sprint's actual written policy, but they NEVER enforce it. I am on a 6000/Unlimited N&W plan. I typically use all 6000 daytime minutes. I ust pulled up my invoices for the year, and I have used over 4000 "roaming minutes" six months this year. Never been charged a dime over the $5 Free & Clear option. Go Sprint. You won't be sorry.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    First, I would HIGHLY recommend Sprint over Verizon (and do, on a regular basis since I sell them both). With Free & Clear America you get the BEST data deal in America, AND the ability to roam whenever you need to. As for the poster who kept pointing out that you can only use "half" of your regular network minutes roaming, what crap. I realize your only pointing out Sprint's actual written policy, but they NEVER enforce it. I am on a 6000/Unlimited N&W plan. I typically use all 6000 daytime minutes. I ust pulled up my invoices for the year, and I have used over 4000 "roaming minutes" six months this year. Never been charged a dime over the $5 Free & Clear option. Go Sprint. You won't be sorry.
    Again, I would highly recommend Sprint over Verizon any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I only stated Sprint's policy because it is Sprint's policy and should the OP sign up for Sprint and one day Sprint starts to enforce their policy more strictly, I don't want him/her having a bad taste because we all said to go ahead and roam 100%.

-M-
    My Treo: Treo 650, Sprint CDMA. SW: 1.08, HW: A.
    My Plan: $105/mo for 2000 AT, Unlimited N&W starting at 7pm, Unlimited PCS to PCS, No Roaming Charges in the U.S., Unlimited PCS Vision, Unlimited SMS & PictureMail.
    My Stats: Using an average of 50MB of PCS Vision per month. 2,500+ photos in my PCS PictureMail account. Had a Treo 600 since 10/24/03, switched to a Treo 650 on 1/5/05.
    Ok I'm confused by reading this thread and reading what's on Sprints web site. Under the Free and Clear America it states;

"Receive 100 Expanded Voice Coverage Anytime Minutes to use in this expanded coverage area, reaching more than 280 million people with no additional charges for roaming or long distance."

And for a cost of $10 a month not $5. What am I missing???
    What you are looking at is an older option called "the roaming option". It was $10 a month and gave you a very small amount of "roaming" minutes. I believe it was 50. The Free & Clear America option gives you the ability to use "up to half" of your regular minutes "roaming off the Sprint PCS Nationwide Network". Now, unless you've missed that part of the website, I don't know why its not there. Did you have to put in your zipcode? The only reason I ask is that, as stated above, AFFILIATE Sprint markets do not generally offer this option. I thought if you lived in one of those (USUnwired, Ubiqtel, etc.) it might not show up on your "version" of the website. Other than that I'll take a look later and see if I can't find the EXACT web address for the page that describes Free & Clear America.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Verizon Wireless has bettery coverage, but if you want date, sprints is unlimited for $15, I think verizon was $45 for pda, but if you connect a computer to it to surf the web, it was $79. That was way to much money. Im glad I switched. I hope they dont change vision for dun on the 650.
    Dr Doom, thanks for the response. I think you're right about different markets. If I select another zip code, under Free and Clear I get this;

Enjoy no additional charges for roaming in this expanded coverage area, reaching more than 280 million people, as long as less than half of your monthly call time is used while roaming. Sprint may terminate service if more than half of the minutes in a given month are used while roaming off the Sprint Nationwide PCS Network.

My area is directed to this site;

http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/popu...caOption1.html

And for an extra $10 a month I can't see how that would make me want to switch to Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger
    I think verizon was $45 for pda, but if you connect a computer to it to surf the web, it was $79.
    That is not accurate. It is $45 with a voice plan and you can used it as a modem for the same price. $79 is for unlimited data WITHOUT a voice plan (e.g. wireless modem card).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12