1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 600 that I purchased in January of from T-Mobile's corporate client group. My contract ran out last month so I don't have an obligation to stay with T-Mobile. I am considerig the switch to Sprint to get a Treo 650 and want to sell my "gently used Treo 600 on eBay. I am sure I can get a better price for it if it was unlocked. Can you legally do this? How do you do this?

Cougar
    call t-mo.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    i used the free unlock patch from mtdn....worked great.
    and t-mo gave me a run around when trying to unlock it.....

it was so simple a few months ago.

i f/w updated the treo (with the t-mo f/w) and it became locked and they tried to tell me that i had to call p1 for the unlock code.
    t-mo cust care is not what it used to be.
  5.    #5  
    . . . . where do I find the "free unlock patch" for my T-Mobile? Is there a new/different patch if I updated my firmware like everyone else? Thanks.

Randy
    Post your request in this thread at mytreo.net here and you will get instructions on how to apply the unlock patch yourself
    T-mobile is (or was) usually very flexible in regards to Unlocking phones. As it was said earlier, try to call them. in a few days they will email you an unlock code.

May be they've become more strict... I'm now on Cingular.
    i just called them last month to unlock another phone. they did, no questions asked.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I've been with TMO since days of omnipoint and they have never refused to unlock a phone or PDA. In the old days you had to be a customer for 6 months, then they dropped to 3 months;nowadays it takes 24 hours or less.....
    TMO unlocked my Treo with no trouble, took them a day or two to email me the code, but that was it... just call then and ask for Wireless Data Services, they tend to know more about these things =)