1.    #1  
    anyone who can tell me how to succeed in using my sprint insurance to get a 650 is on my christmas list. I'm not some cheater my screen is definitely going bad. So this is a legit use of the insurance but....I don't want a 600...do I have to wait a long long time?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Not sure if its possible since they arent fazing out the T600. They will have plenty instock.
    Not some cheater? The insurance is to replace it with the same or similar device, not to get a free upgrade. I think the best you can hope for is to take your new Treo, sell it on ebay, and buy a 650.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I did this. My Treo (in August actually) started getting orange spots on the screen. I went two weeks ago to sprint and got a new one, sold it on ebay as New but refurbished (for $360!) and purchased my new treo. Not bad, I look at as a 1 year lease for $12 a month and now have ordered a new Treo. It just sucks not having this week, so I am on a old cell phone and a old palm pilot that I use for backup.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    I don't think what you've articulated here is cheating at all. You purchased insurance on a phone and you're wondering whether that phone can be replaced with the newer/better model. Problem is as damig suggests though - the 600 is still available and presumably will be for a while longer. As such (and having dealt with sprint on this when my old startac died a while back) you will likely get a new or refurbed 600. If the gods are on your side you may turn it in at a time when they are plum out of 600's, in which case you might/might get the enxt model up. I beleive the insurance language states that you'll receive the same phone or one of like quality as a replacement. When my star tac died they sent me a new one that somehow got lost in the mail. When I reported it hadn't yet arrived, they sent me an entirely different model of phone that wasn't as portable as the star tac, but certainly had more features. I would do as others have suggested. Send in now for a replacement and if need be sell it on ebay. New 600's are selling in the neighborhood of $400 there. Take that money and attend a road show if you can and you may walk away from the whole thing making a few bucks and enjoying the newer model.

Quote Originally Posted by chiselmonkey99
    anyone who can tell me how to succeed in using my sprint insurance to get a 650 is on my christmas list. I'm not some cheater my screen is definitely going bad. So this is a legit use of the insurance but....I don't want a 600...do I have to wait a long long time?
    I am getting a new (i.e. refurb) one either today or Monday through the insurance because mine has the battery issue where the phone doesn't work right when the battery gets to a certain point. I plan to get the refurb, buy the 650, and sell the refurb on eBay touting the fact that the phone is refub but that I have hardly used it. Hopefully can pull 300 to 400 dollars.

I am going to try to go to the DC roadshow to get the coupon, so I hope to be at a net or minus $50 when all is said and done
    They won't be out of 600's for a very very long time. Build quality was bad enough that they're going to have plenty of them for the next year or two. But as long as they keep selling on ebay pretty well, you can take your replacement and sell it on ebay as an unused refurb, as others have suggested.
    I do believe you are really SOL ..... Probably 50/50 by xmas 05 and guaranteed xmas 06, then you will want a treo 700 etc... :-(