1.    #1  
    While waiting on my Treo650 to arrive I'm putting together a list of apps that I would like to use. Once thing I'd like to have is a travel app to keep track of my trips. Something for flight reservations, hotel, car, etc.

Any suggestions?
    TreoSaurus
    Take a look at TripBoss.

The program includes:
    • expense tracking and reporting
    • mileage and time tracking and reporting
    • itinerary storage
    • trip journaling
    • trip planning (budget and route)
    • ratings (lodging, restaurants, places)
    • fuel economy tracking
    • special tracking of any distance and/or time (hiking, travel within countries, customer visits...).
    • currency converter (can be used stand-alone)
    • tip/split calculator (can be used stand-alone)
    I use Gulliver, and it works well. I have also noticed that Worldmate now has itinerary software built in.
    I would go with World Mate, it has everything one could possibly need with on the spot updates via GPRS, so no need to synch with the PC.

http://www.mobimate.com/worldmate/pro/index.shtml
    I've used TravelTracker for years.

http://www.silverware.com/TravelTracker.shtml

Set up trip flights, hotels, transportation, etc.
    Info synced with phone and datebook apps.
    Been using Travel Tracker 3.6 for years also. The software seems discontinued and the developer doesn't respond to requests for help anymore - even to registered users.

Still, it's a great program.
    I guess I was lucky that the developer emailed me a new code for my 600 just a couple of weeks ago. ( I just picked up the 600 after moving from a IIIc)
    You'll also want a handout for the flight attendents explaining that your phone is off, you're just using your Palm.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews
    Take a look at TripBoss.

The program includes:
    • expense tracking and reporting
    • mileage and time tracking and reporting
    • itinerary storage
    • trip journaling
    • trip planning (budget and route)
    • ratings (lodging, restaurants, places)
    • fuel economy tracking
    • special tracking of any distance and/or time (hiking, travel within countries, customer visits...).
    • currency converter (can be used stand-alone)
    • tip/split calculator (can be used stand-alone)
    Wow, is that frustrating. I need a userid/password just to look at the software description and the price?
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    What am I missing? I just cut the email with my itinerary from my travel agent and paste it into a memo.

What benefits would I receive from using one of these?
    Quote Originally Posted by santa
    Wow, is that frustrating. I need a userid/password just to look at the software description and the price?
    Sorry about that. This one shouldn't require any authentication to view the description and price.

TripBoss
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews
    Sorry about that. This one shouldn't require any authentication to view the description and price.

TripBoss
    Thanks!
    Well if you make your own travel plans (not with agent) then you can jsut enter the data directly. Most these apps also connect with datebook and phonebook so my calendar will show my flight and transportation info and times. If I'm re-using a hotel the phone# and address is added automatic or if it's a new contact it will be added to the phone book. Most keep track of frequent fflyer miles and other info (mileage #, customer #, etc) If you have to change travel partway through you can change it. You also have a log of your travels.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Hi jsgreen,

I have used virtuallythere in the past and loved it. It was made available through the on-line travel agent I was using. My old TA is no longer available to me. I've been looking for a new travel agent who can put my itenerary on vitually there. Who do you use? Or, do you know where I can get a list of TAs?

Thanks!

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!