1.    #1  
    Anybody got anything new regarding AT & T getting the 650 in soon? I may make the switch from Sprint (too many dropped calls in Colorado)
    Quote Originally Posted by deanandbek
    Anybody got anything new regarding AT & T getting the 650 in soon? I may make the switch from Sprint (too many dropped calls in Colorado)
    The most recent statements from palmOne indicate a release on AT&T/Cingular in January sometime.
    I still hope that january for GSM in the US doesnt mean january worldwide, since sprint cannot dictate their exclusive terms outside the US.

hope is that GSM version start shipping soon around asia ... why shouldnt they?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Last I heard, AT&T was planning on a "before Christmas" roll out. Maybe that's wishful thinking.
    Best,

Bill
    ><(((((`>
    Palm Treo Pro, iPhone 3G 16GB Refurb, Palm TX
    Waiting for Pre GSM!
    What is it a reliable source? What were the specifics?

Quote Originally Posted by eugarps
    Last I heard, AT&T was planning on a "before Christmas" roll out. Maybe that's wishful thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    I still hope that january for GSM in the US doesnt mean january worldwide, since sprint cannot dictate their exclusive terms outside the US.
    Acutally, the contract with Sprint and PalmOne could dictate whatever exclusive terms they wanted, including outside-the-US distribution.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Palmone has a much, much larger share of the US market than they do overseas. I would think they put their efforts into fullfilling US needs before they put much effort in overseas. I think you might need to be patient for a little while (Feb maybe)
    Deanandbec, are you in the Denver area? That is not good news about Sprint. I was just about to switch from Verizon (because I'll be an old man before they decide they'll carry the 650) to Sprint. Please tell me more of what it has been like using Sprint. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I live in the denver area. I use AT&T and it's been pretty good. I've heard OK things about Sprint, but I know that they fizz out the further you get away from city center. Once you get to the foothills, Sprint is pretty useless.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Found this PDF on the AT&T website, may have been posted here before, if so sorry for the repost.

Cant upload the PDF here is the url:
    http://www.attwireless.com/media/dow...s1019final.pdf

Terry
  11.    #11  
    I actually live in the Colorado Springs area...Sprint has been a love/like somewhat/hate relationship. Maybe it's the terrain..but I hear from people all the time who use AT&T in this area--No dropped calls! I can honestly make money if I would just put together a map of all drop zones. I've got them down all over town. But in those very same areas with AT&T, no drops! Can't explain it! I like the PCS portion of Sprint..but again I run into on and off problems. I think it's just time for a switch for me...at least then I'll know for sure