1.    #1  
    I've been searching all over for a web browser than can do the following, but it's so darn hard to sift through all the material of the various third party companies that I can't figure out who, if anyone, can do this.

What I want to do:

1. Have a website on the pda's SD card (Treo 600). I will NOT be connected to the internet.

2. Have a web browser that can surf that memory card. This particular webpage is a reference system. Works great on a PPC, but can't seem to get it to work on a Palm.

3. Here's the kicker: when I click on a link to an audio file that is a WAVE file format, it will play the darn sound file. We're doing foreign language phrase translation via links in a "website" which is stellar for a PPC, but again, can't get it to work on a Palm.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ken
    This works fine in Blazer. Blazer will even play the audio file inline if it's in AMR format instead of WAVE.

To open a page on an SD card in Blazer, go to a URL in the form of file:///path/to/file.html (note the three slashes after file.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info. Bummed about the no WAV file playing, but at least it's a start! No way are we going to re-do all our hundreds of small files, and try to support two platforms, but I do at least want to show it off on my cell phone.

Thanks!

ken
    You can play WAV files -- if you have an app installed that plays WAV files, Blazer will launch it when you click on a WAV file. The nice thing about AMR is that no external app is needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by kzemach
    Thanks for the info. Bummed about the no WAV file playing, but at least it's a start! No way are we going to re-do all our hundreds of small files, and try to support two platforms, but I do at least want to show it off on my cell phone.

Thanks!

ken
    You need have a player like Ptunes that plays wav files installed on the Treo and registered as the default player of wave filetypes. That way when you load wav files off the card, Blazer should automatically launch Ptunes to play the wav files...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions