1.    #1  
    Got to hold the 650. Boy, what an improvement in the keyboard! Side by side the 600 looks anemic.
    Vague references were made to ... available in 10 days, less than 2 weeks, etc.
    Peter Skillman, Dir of Product Development for PalmOne, gave an excellent overview of the design development effort, showing mock-up units made of wood, foam, etc.
    I got my discount voucher and ordered a Sprint unit (even though I can't get reliable Sprint service!)
    Damn, what a tool I am.
    When and how did they give the coupon? I just went in, picked up my name badge, but had to return to work. Will it be enough if I use a coupon of someone else who was there? I hear they are all duplicates anyways and they cross reference your registration?
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    When and how did they give the coupon? I just went in, picked up my name badge, but had to return to work. Will it be enough if I use a coupon of someone else who was there? I hear they are all duplicates anyways and they cross reference your registration?
    Doesn't work that way. You have to stay for the entire event. No exceptions.
  4. OJM
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy22
    Vague references were made to ... available in 10 days, less than 2 weeks, etc.
    This is disappointing! The PalmChat and most other sources are saying the first batch ship tomorrow.
    OJMBrooklyn

SPHi300>T300>T600>T650>PPC6700>700WX
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    What was the coupon code this time?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert C. Lee
    Doesn't work that way. You have to stay for the entire event. No exceptions.
    Not quite,

You must have registered for the session. They will use your registered email to confirm your coupon. The coupons themselves were not registerant specific. You just picked one up (along with a CD and free pen) off the table at the end of the session. They all had the same code (it may be roadshow specific). But I don't think they check to see if you attended. I successfully ordered when I got back to work, so I doubt they had time to confirm that I actually attended (unless they had a realtime database update going on).
    Thanks Dannyboy, I hope this is the case with me as well. I have a buddy that is there and its only a block from where I am now, but I have a clientn coming in in minutes and I can't be there for the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy22
    Not quite,

You must have registered for the session. They will use your registered email to confirm your coupon. The coupons themselves were not registerant specific. You just picked one up (along with a CD and free pen) off the table at the end of the session. They all had the same code (it may be roadshow specific). But I don't think they check to see if you attended. I successfully ordered when I got back to work, so I doubt they had time to confirm that I actually attended (unless they had a realtime database update going on).
    I ordered successful and got an email saying so but 2 or 3 days later, my order was canceled because they could not find me on the list. But I never registered for it either... so who knows.
    They key to this game is to pick up your namebadge. If you preregister and you (or your agent pretending to be you) picks up your nametag, your name and email is validated for the coupon, which is not so much a coupon as a web address and a coupon code that is not user-specific.

I asked and learned that the survery is not the key to eligibility. The survey gets you the web address and coupon code, but you could get that from any attendee.

Bizzare thing is that the coupon gets you a 30 day trial phone, and if you like it, they send you a brand new one and you send back the trial. Not clear to me that you can get the new one to keep without this rigamarole of "demo-ing" a unit and sending it back.
    Hard to see what the obsession with this coupon is. You can get a new one from Sprint with a $150 subsidy plus a $100(nominally) bluetth headset. That comes out to about the discounted show price. Somehow I think that showing your CIO why a Treo rollout for mobile staff <or anyone who needs to be highly available> will pay back is worth more than whatever net pocket change the coupon amounts to.
    When you go to the web site to order, you have a choice of either purchasing one or getting a demo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrackBerry
    Hard to see what the obsession with this coupon is. You can get a new one from Sprint with a $150 subsidy plus a $100(nominally) bluetth headset. That comes out to about the discounted show price. Somehow I think that showing your CIO why a Treo rollout for mobile staff <or anyone who needs to be highly available> will pay back is worth more than whatever net pocket change the coupon amounts to.
    Your equation works if you are a new Sprint customer. If you are already under contract, you can take the $150 incentive out of the equation.

Cluemeister
    FYI, the p1 guy at the table on the way out of the Boston show told me the sprint 650 will ship tomorrow.
    too bad we are heading into a weekend.

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2