1.    #1  
    I want to purchase a Treo 650 as soon as possible, but I am currently with T-Mobile. I don't have a problem switching to Sprint if they have a comparable phone plan. I pay about $70.00 (including junk charges/taxes) for a family plan with 400 minutes, (2-phones - wife talks about 20-minutes a month), no roaming fees, LD included, free nights/weekends, and unlimited internet on one (Treo 600). I am a corporate customer and received one of the first 200 T-Mobile GSM models in January of this year. I originally signed up in October of 2003 and used a freebie Nokia until the 600 arrived in January. They didn't make me sign up for a new contact and charged me $499. As a matter of fact my 1-year contract ran out last month. So I don't have to pay a penalty if I switch to Sprint.

I got the P-1 email this week and am starting to get antsy. Does Sprint have unlimited internet access for 19.95/month and other favorable rate. I know I sound like I just want the "latest toy." OK, I admit it I do want the latest toy.
    Unlimited Vision or internet is $15 for the first line. on Extra lines it may be discounted to $5/month

Sprint's Cheapest family plan is 70 minutes between two lines for $70/month. However, that is also their fair and flexible so if you go over 700 it goes on a sliding scale with very cheap extra minutes.

All of this is on sprintpcs.com
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    You could get the 500 minutes for $40 and add phone+vision for $25. Make your wife the primary phone without vision and make the add phone with vision for $25. I'm assuming that you wife does not need vision.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the info. So for $65 plus junk fees/taxes I can get a plan similar ( plus 100 more minutes) to the one I have with T-Mobile? Is the internet usage unlimited like the one with T-Mobile?

Cougar
  5.    #5  
    How does your recommendation differ from donnyb's? It like it going to cost more.

Cougar
    all sprint has is an unlimted vision program, they do not offer metered service.

Ive never heard of a discounted vision plan for the add a phone unless its on the primary phone as well but I may be wrong. If im not add $10 to donnyb's post.

Since your out of plan you might be able to get some extras from T-Mobile. More minutes free...or a percentage off. I know Sprint does this for out of contract customers to get you to sign up again.
    I just re-signed up with T-Mobile for a year, and received a decent free phone, which I will use between the time I sell my 600 and buy the 650. My 600 is on Ebay this very moment. I figured that since I decided to stay with T-Mobile with an unlocked 650 for at least another year, I might as well get some consideration in return.

I'm very happy with T-Mobile's pricing and service, and I'm not switching just because I can get a new phone a month or two earlier. While I am impatient, I can wait for this short amount of time.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cruelpupet
    all sprint has is an unlimted vision program, they do not offer metered service.

Ive never heard of a discounted vision plan for the add a phone unless its on the primary phone as well but I may be wrong. If im not add $10 to donnyb's post.

Since your out of plan you might be able to get some extras from T-Mobile. More minutes free...or a percentage off. I know Sprint does this for out of contract customers to get you to sign up again.
    There is not a discount on the vision service. I can't find anything that says you have to buy vision on the primary phone in order to get it on the add phone. From the SprintPCS website;
    Sprint PCS Add-a-Phone® with Vision
    Great for families and small businesses, Sprint*PCS Add-a-Phone® with Vision lets you share plan minutes between up to five phones on one account.

Requirements:
    Sprint*PCS Add-a-Phone with Vision is only available with plans that include at least 500 Anytime Minutes.
    A one- or two-year Sprint*PCS Advantage Agreement is required for each line that shares plan minutes.
    Receive Unlimited Sprint PCS to PCS CallingSM FREE with a two-year Sprint PCS Advantage Agreement.
    Get Sprint PCS Add-a-Phone FREE for the 2nd line on new plans with 2000 or more Anytime Minutes.
    Each additional line is $25 per month (additional $15/month for Sprint PCS VisionSM Smart Devices with the Microsoft® Pocket PC operating system).
    Preferred credit is required.
    Minutes are shared across all PCS Phones on your plan. Add PCS Vision to additional phones for a total monthly fee of $25.00/phone by dialing * 2 on your PCS Phone after activation.