1.    #1  
    Since Sprint user will have the 650 to play with and uncover any bugs or issues with the device in these next 7+ weeks. Will that help us GSM user get the Treo 650 bug free when it is finally released in Jan.2005 or will the GSM model possibly have its own bugs?
    Also, did the Treo 600 have any problems when it 1st came out for CDMA or GSM?
    Quote Originally Posted by NanoWiz
    Since Sprint user will have the 650 to play with and uncover any bugs or issues with the device in these next 7+ weeks. Will that help us GSM user get the Treo 650 bug free when it is finally released in Jan.2005 or will the GSM model possibly have its own bugs?
    Well, I got an early GSM 600 and have not experienced a lot of the problems that the Sprint users have reported. On the other hand, the phones are sufficiently different in both hardware and software that it is probably accidental.
    CDMA and GSM Treo's are different. GSM can have a bug that CDMA won't.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I think the Sprint users will find the bugs but I don't think there is enough of a time lag to get the bugs fixed before the GSM phones ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by NanoWiz
    Both phones are in boxes awaiting shipment, there is no time. Phones are too different to share bugs.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Both phones are in boxes awaiting shipment, there is no time. Phones are too different to share bugs.
    Maybe at the hardware level but I bet they'll share plenty of bugs at the software level.
    Any problems that can be found on a CDMA phone that can be fixed on the GSM will be an issue with the base OS as the firmware is customized for the two types of phones. Also as TXDot mentioned the time between release isnt sufficient enough to find and fix a bug...however it is possible that palmone may still be working on some bugfixes already found.
    at least maybe some of the PIM replacement solutions can be addressed by the time the GSM comes out since peeps are haivng a hard time with the T|5
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey