• Friday, November 19th

1 1.23%
  • Sometime before Thanksgiving

8 9.88%
  • Sometime after Thanksgiving ; (

12 14.81%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Guesses as to when CDMA (Sprint) Treo's will ship from PalmOne?
    Later than people want them to.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    That P1 guy said Nov 12th so that would be a good guess
    Call me an optimist, but I'd hope that PalmOne would know better not to allow anyone to let the cat out of the bag unless they knew for sure they could deliver on the shipment date of Nov 12. Otherwise, they would have made damned sure that the PalmOne tech in the chat emphatically restated the "2 to 3 weeks" estimate we had been getting prior to that.

The authorization holds bolster that theory. I know for a fact that my credit card didn't get dinged for a $599 hold the very moment I ordered. Instead, I ordered the 8th and my card was polled the 10th. That would indicate to me that they were holding onto preorders until they were certain a shipment would happen on a certain date. Transactions cost $$$ to merchants, so it would be very dumb of PalmOne to put a hold on in a time frame that they risked having the hold "fall off" the account, requiring a new authorization upon shipment.

So, I'm going to hope that they know better.
    February 2005.

[but my definition of "available" and "shipping" do not correspond with PalmOne's]
    I believe Palm one will ship on Fri. I have a client who manages Best Buy. He said that the 650 is expected to be on the shelf for the week of Thanksgiving rush. If they shipped on Fri to Best Buy wharehouses it would take them a few days for inventory control and then to ship to the individual stores. So Fri from Palm one seems about right. However I dont know if they will ship to the retailers and customers or just the retailers.
    on a $600 order, those of you who ordered with a visa/mastercard card, your bank will charge palmone somewhere in the range of $12 to process the order, so yes, scaredpoet you are right... ps- AMEX? oh yea, it's a lot more that P1 has to eat
    also- does the definition of shipping on november 12 mean that palmone will send them to carriers/customers on that day or they plan to have them available to receive that day (similar to what happened with halo 2- the merchants received the game ahead of time but were explicitly not allowed to sell until nov 9)
    obviously i hope that it is the latter so that i will get my phone either tomorrow or monday, but i think that it is actually when they will release the devices from the palmone storage... which means my phone will arrive later :-(
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
  8.    #8  
    To clarify the poll question I posed, I was referring to PalmOne shipping orders placed by us, not BestBuy...
    Quote Originally Posted by scaredpoet
    Call me an optimist, ....
    Well, perhaps naive or inexperienced. Those of us who lived the introduction of the 600 believe that P1 leaks. It leaks accidentally and it leaks intentionally. It leaks for a reason and without one. They leak information that they want us to have and they leak disinformation. For the most part, from the outside, one can detect no pattern. Inferences are obviously drawn but are wrong as often as not.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    February 2005.

[but my definition of "available" and "shipping" do not correspond with PalmOne's]
    Seldom, you little ray of sunshine, have you ever considered therapy for this obsessive-compulsive hatred of PalmOne and anything Treo?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    February 2005.

Seldom,
    Do you really believe Feb of 2005? If so...Why?

Everyone,
    Please let him answer this without flaming him before he even responds

Thx
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    poster bash poster bash poster bash
    Poor kookums.

Simply unable to stay on-topic, eh?

Just can't get a good start on the day unless you poster-bash, eh?

Poor kookums.
    My guess is today. 1:07PM CST to be exact. Not that you were asking, but the GSM's will ship Sunday, January 15 at around 2:34AM.
    Cheers,
    Tony
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Seldom,
    Do you really believe Feb of 2005? If so...Why?

Everyone,
    Please let him answer this without flaming him before he even responds

Thx
    -- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...67&postcount=3

Please note that HAND/PalmOne has a long history of using "shipping" and "available" in ways you and I would not. Shipping 100 units (the roadshow demo unit apparent quantity) when the demand is for 1000 units does not justify using the words "Now shipping" or "Now available", IMHO. PalmOne thinks they do.
    Poor kookums.

Simply unable to stay on-topic, eh?

Just can't get a good start on the day unless you poster-bash, eh?

Poor kookums.
    No, in fact it was not a poster bash. It was a comment on the basis for your outlandish shipping estimate. I assume that Argelius was serious in setting up this poll, and you, my friend, use it as another of your "bashes" against PalmOne. By the way, never saw you apologize (much less retract) your comments about the non-existence of the Treo 650, including your tirade against weebitobsessed when he released the first Treo 650 photos (I seem to remember you accused them of being worse than Photoshopped cons).

Just always vigilant to point out the shortcomings of the posts of Treocentral's most infamous PalmOne short-seller.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    i agree with seldom on this one... i ordered a batch of 50 treo 600s this time last year... it took me until end of january to get them... supposedly the phone was shipping and available but still no where to be found...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    never saw you apologize (much less retract) your comments about the non-existence of the Treo 650
    The TREO 650 does not currently exist.

Still.

See: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=14
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 11/11/2004 at 09:12 AM. Reason: added quote since another post got "in between"
    I thought it was Handspring last year at this time?
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    They leak information that they want us to have and they leak disinformation.
    And you call me naive. I call you a paranoid conspiracy theorist.

I think people who's apparent lives are riding on this device what with the jockeying and bickering need to sit back and take a deep breath. It's just a PDA. If it ships Friday, hey great! In a few weeks the novetly will fade and you'll get bored with it anyway. And if it doesn't ship Friday, oh well. It'll ship soon enough, and the joyride until the novelty fades will just have to wait.

As I said in my previous posting, it would be foolish of P1 to put authorization holds on credit cards with no plans to ship when in a couple of days, those charges will just fall off anyway and they'll have to go through the process all over again later. If a company intends to stay in business, they won't do things that co$t them more than they need to spend, and needless credit card dings co$t needlessly.

And if you believe they don't intend on staying in business, then maybe you shouldn't be buying a Treo.

For those who get frustrated with P1: what is your agenda? Are you guys just spouting sour grapes? It's the only logical explanation here. I SURE as hell hope you guys aren't ordering this thing. If you are, why are you giving your money to a company that you accuse of being so distrustful? There are plenty of other handhelds on the market.
    Last edited by scaredpoet; 11/11/2004 at 09:20 AM.
    I got an CONFIRMED release date from a Sprint manager for Nov. 15!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast