Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Noob Treo-to-be owner here - I'm moving from a SE T610 handset to the Treo 650. One thing that always bothered me about the T610 was that it didn't have any 'normal' ringtones - they were all those really annoying musical ones.

What tones does the Treo 650 come with? I know it supports MP3 tones, but I'd like to know that it has a selection of 'normal', optimised internal tones.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    2 things, it does not support MP3 out of the box. Only with a 3rd party solution. It does not really have any normal ringtones either.
    Someone posted the 650 tones here a while back..they were all annoying in my opinion. You can find some "normal" tones on the web...but I am sure you will be pleased to know...you can beam tones right from your SE 610 into the 650. I do that all the time with my friend who owns the SE 610.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    ..but I am sure you will be pleased to know...you can beam tones right from your SE 610 into the 650. I do that all the time with my friend who owns the SE 610.
    Doesn't really help me given that they all suck too! Does anyone have a plain vanilla 'ring ring' type they can email me? The ones the 'old' cell phones used to make before we got inundated by Britney and Christina wannabees?
    My analog ringtone I made was quite popular. I am pretty sure its still floating around one of these treo sites. Anyone have a link? If not I can dig it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by ratsey
    Doesn't really help me given that they all suck too! Does anyone have a plain vanilla 'ring ring' type they can email me? The ones the 'old' cell phones used to make before we got inundated by Britney and Christina wannabees?
    The SE T610 comes with a very nice retro phone ringtone. It's called "Old phone". Did your carrier strip it off or something?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    The 'old phone' was the one I used. But even that got tiresome after a while. I just want an old faithful Nokia style ring. Is that too much to ask? :-)
    I use the "old phone" ring from the SE 610 in my Treo..hehe...
    i care more about the volume of these ringtones than what it is. you could barely here the loudest ringtone on treo 30 + 600. ALL other regular cell phones at the sprint store have VERY loud ring tones...