Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I bet those of us with expired contracts get the rebate! Why everybody is obsessing over this is beyond me. The proof will come shortly....RELAX. I'll report back once I successfully complete the transaction.

K
    #1 Why the worry over $150.00? You probably drop more than that on impulse buys throughout the year.
    #2 You are buying a CDMA SPRINT phone. Where else you gonna go with it???
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    I have about 10 Treo 600's on a business contract with Sprint. Two of those lines qualify for the $150 discount if I sign a two year contract on those lines. Although, I can get the $150 discount on all the other lines by signing them to a three year contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by njpilot911
    On the contrary, with expired contract, handset less then 18 months old, SPCS will offer you $150 rebate for a 2 year renewal.
    Hit *2, threaten to cancel, be transferred to cancellation/retention group, ask for rebate. This is a mail in rebate, not a service credit. At least that was the offer I got on 11/10. Your mileage may vary.
    I've tried the same thing on 10/22 (?) and all I got was, "K sir, we'll cancel your account right away".
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG
    Nope, keep dreaming.
    Actually I just found out that we have already been offered the $150 for a new 2-year contract, the handset had nothing to do with it. As soon as one of my local stores gets the 650, I'll go in and take them up on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    #1 Why the worry over $150.00? You probably drop more than that on impulse buys throughout the year.
    Umm, if you can' say something helpful, shhhhhh, say nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG
    I've tried the same thing on 10/22 (?) and all I got was, "K sir, we'll cancel your account right away".
    You need to try again, maybe with a better attitude? The reps have flexibility and will make different offers based on your account. We've had a business account for like 4-years now, and spend over $200 per month. We didn't even have to ask for the $150 offer when our contract expired, they offered it to my ex-wife when she phoned in about another issue.
    Because of my poor Sprint reception at home, I'm glad I only signed up for a year

I'm just undecided what phone I will go with when I change carriers come next march/april.

Now, if my coverage would be better, I probably would postpone an upgrade until either EV-DO is supported, or I broke my Treo.
  9.    #29  
    I think I should have clarified my original email a bit. I wasn't trying to get more out of my old contract but was willing to extend it by one or two years to get the discount on the 650 and they were still not willing to give me the phone at the discount. This is what I meant that they were treating new customers better than old customers. Sprint would still be getting my business for an additional one or two years on top of my old contract, but their "policy" wouldn't allow them to do that.

Anyway, I solved my problem, I went to the roadshow in Boston and purchased a phone for $349. New sprint customers will be getting the phones first as they can pre-order; the palmone rep there couldn't tell me when they would be arriving to Sprint stores on the East Coast as they were "hot little items". They expect AT&T to be offering the phone in several weeks.
    If you are not a customer, you will not get the rebate. Now if you call and b'itch and moan enough, you may get something (I got $75 because my 1 yr contract is up in Dec). I think the only true options are 1. Be a new customer 2. Let your contract expire entirely and come on as new. Other than that, you almost just need to accept it. I got into a civil pissing contest about how they treat existing customers. That coupled with my 1 yr contract almost up (1 yr with treo 600), they agree to cut me $75 which I can apply to my bill. I think the guy above talking about impulse buying is correct - crap, I waste a $150 at the drop of a hat and getting that or not getting it has no bearing on getting this phone. I suspect the same to most of the posters here.

Eric
  11.    #31  
    Dear Sir or Madam,
    The correct spelling of "Luxery" is "luxury". I hope this response is as useful to you as your response was to me.
    Regards,
    Rattaran

So you can't preorder off one website. No big deal, really. There is too much freak out over one little gadget and if you might have to wait a couple extra weeks. It'll be in stores soon enough, hell, you may even be able to get one SOONER than from the Palm website. And Jesus, if you're prepared to spend a hundreds dollars every 12 months for a fancy phone, then quit whining about an extra $150. This is a LUXERY, not a necessity. And Sprint is treating all of us fairly, so quit wasting their time.

(Not a Sprint rep)[/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by rattaran
    Dear Sir or Madam,
    The correct spelling of "Luxery" is "luxury". I hope this response is as useful to you as your response was to me.
    Regards,
    Rattaran

So you can't preorder off one website. No big deal, really. There is too much freak out over one little gadget and if you might have to wait a couple extra weeks. It'll be in stores soon enough, hell, you may even be able to get one SOONER than from the Palm website. And Jesus, if you're prepared to spend a hundreds dollars every 12 months for a fancy phone, then quit whining about an extra $150. This is a LUXERY, not a necessity. And Sprint is treating all of us fairly, so quit wasting their time.

(Not a Sprint rep)
    [/QUOTE]

You must have had a little "coming to Jesus party" recently. This is far different that your lead in on this thread. Also, can't really tell who you responding to here with the whole "luxury" thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    You must have had a little "coming to Jesus party" recently. This is far different that your lead in on this thread.
    Never underestimate the power of Prozac!
    It sounds to me you are still under contract. If that is the case, then why should you get another $150 rebate when you havn't fulfilled your previous 2-year obligation? Now for someone like me who isn't under contract with Sprint, that's another story.
    I managed to get the rebate and I am a current Sprint customer out of contract since July. I signed a 2 year contract and got the rebate. It's a matter of who you talk to, and I suggest calling after midnight.
    But you were out of a contract. That seems to be the key. I mean how can they justify not giving it to you if you have legitimately fullfilled your contract. A little persistence also helps when dealing with them.

Eric
    I have to admit Sprint PCS is downright aggravating. I've had Sprint PCS service since 1993, some 11 years. And every other year it seems that their policy changes.

First, if you were a Sprint PCS customer for more than 12 months, each 12 months you would get a check for $50-$100 to upgrade to a new phone. Remember those "thank you for being an existing customer" checks - I do.

Some time later, if you had a Sprint PCS contract for the entire period you would receive a rebate check to upgrade to a new phone - based on a 1-yr or 2-yr contract.

Some time later, if you wanted any type of rebate you must "sign" a new contract using a new plan (which was probably a downgrade) for 2-yrs to get any type of decent rebate. But, for any existing clients, it was never a benefit if you wanted to keep your old plan.

Right now, since PalmOne and done-away with any preferred pricing programs for existing customers and there are no viable way to "upgrade" for any existing cellular users staying with one company.

What is the point to staying with one carrier, when customers with long term loyalty, are treated with less care than new clients?

Don't get me wrong, I do understand all clients are equal and that the rebate is a kick back for keeping service for say 2-yrs. But isn't that what the Early Cancelation Fee is for - to re-coup the potnetial loss if the consumer doesn't keep their contract long enough?

At times companies do give existing customers deals on: cars, computers, gas cards, etc... to keep the client base intact.

For me, going forward, I think I will switch from provider to provider to get the best deal on a phone after the expiration of each contract. I see no other way. It would be better if Sprint PCS would treat new and existing customers "equally" not newer clients get better deal then existing clients.

I think it's by-bye Sprint, hello T-Mobile. For this year at least.

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by rattaran
    I just tried to pre-order the Treo 650 on the palmone website, hoping to get the $150 discount that is available to Sprint customers. It turns out that this discount is only available to new Sprint customers. I called Sprint to clarify this and ended up speaking to a supervisor. Existing Sprint customers have to have their current handset for 18 months before they can upgrade with a discount. I pointed out that the Treo 600 has only been out for under a year and the only way to pre-order the 650 through palmone is to currently have the 600; he said he understood but that this was their "policy" and he could not change it. Existing customers have to wait until the phone comes into Sprint Stores (i.e. we can't pre-order like new customers) and then they can trade in their old phones for the new ones. They will give us a "fair price" for our old phones depending on their condition.

I pointed out to the supervisor that this is not good business. You do not give better deals to new customers than you do to you old customers. I also said this is bad PRPRPR $as$ $Sprint$ $should$ $know$ $that$ $current$ $Treo$ $600$/$Sprint$ $customers$ $will$ $take$ $this$ $to$ $the$ $web$ $and$ $in$ $no$ $time$ $other$ $cell$ $phone$ $companies$ $will$ $start$ $advertising$ $how$ $THEY$ $treat$ $their$ $existing$ $customers$ $better$ $than$ $Sprint$ $and$ $try$ $to$ $entice$ $people$ $to$ $change$. $Again$ $he$ $said$ $that$ $this$ $was$ $policy$ $and$ $he$ $could$ $not$ $change$ $it$.

I then said I would like to file a formal complaint about their policy. Also, I asked him how much it would cost me to break my contract with Sprint - get this it was $150! I told him thank you very much, that I would find another cell phone company that could provide me the phone with a similar discount and then discontinue my service with Sprint!

Will other existing Sprint customers who want to upgrade to the 650 also call and complain? This is not the first time I've seen a cell phone company give better deals to new customers than existing customers. If they are not loyal to us, how can they expect us to be loyal to them?

thanks for the opportunity to vent!
    Rattaran

JFC...What a rant.

You don't like it, switch.

And yes, it makes sense. It's called cust. acqusition cost.

There are other ways around this; all you need is your Treo for one year....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12