1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    I am off contract for T-mobile, but I am very happy with the service. I also want a 650, and it looks like I will need to buy it for full price from P1.

My question: I will need to spend $200 more since T-mobile doesn't only sells the 600 refuses to offer the Treo for some bizarre reason. And I won't be asking them to subsidize a new non-Treo phone. Should I ask customer retentions for anything to compensate me for having to pay that extra money for the 650? Any ideas what to ask for?
    Good luck! Cingular would always do it before but I think the ATT thing Cash straped them. I used to get between $150 and $200 with each Treo, but I always negotiated it, it never was a written policy. (Bonus is they never put me under contract)
    You should always ask, its up to them whether they give it out or not. Point is if you don't ask, you don't get.

J
    You could ask for a free phone upgrade (their best free phone) when you sign a contract, then sell the phone and put the money toards your Treo 650. This is what I did when I signed up for T-Mobile when I got my Treo 180 way back when.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I'm in the same boat and will be asking for their best free phone and it will either be a spare or will go on eBay. I'll probably just keep it for emergencies. Alternately you can go to a T-Mobile store (independent retail location) and have a frank discussion with the manager or owner. Say "look, I know you'll get about $400 for selling me a new voice plan and a data plan, and that if I wasn't a Treo user you'd throw me a $200 bone otherwise, so how about just giving me $200 cash for signing up through you and we'll call it even?"
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    You could ask for a free phone upgrade (their best free phone) when you sign a contract, then sell the phone and put the money toards your Treo 650. This is what I did when I signed up for T-Mobile when I got my Treo 180 way back when.
    That's an excellent idea - and a good way to make up some of the difference between my Treo 600 sales price and the 650 price.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!