1.    #1  
    I came across what looked like an especially good deal online for the Sprint Treo 650 from "YouNeverCall!" Basically, it worked out to be $419 after rebates. There was the usual $150 Sprint rebate (requiring a two-year commitment - the fine print didn't mention a $100-for-one-year possibility) as well as another $30 rebate specific to this dealer.

Now, I'm an existing Sprint customer who isn't under contract. I'm actually under this weird thing where I pay an extra $5/month (can't remember if it's per phone - I have two) for the privelege of not being under contract. I don't really give out my number; my wife is the main person calling me, so I don't mind cancelling our account altogether and signing up with a brand new account and getting entirely new phone numbers. But check out some of the fine print listed with this particular deal...
    Ordering this phone at the price listed above requires a new 2 year contract with Sprint. You will also receive a Mail-in rebate from YouNeverCall! You need to be ordering a completely new line with Sprint. Extending an existing contract or out-of-contract does not qualify you.

You do not qualify if you have recently cancelled a line with Sprint

Participation in this special requires you not to cancel this or any other Sprint line for a period of 180 days from activation of your new line. Early cancellation may result in a $200 surcharge fee.
    What do you make of this?

Now, based on how you read this, would you say that it would still be possible for someone to get in on this deal by having their spouse open up the account under their name (even if the billing address is the same)?

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Scott, I think it might be easier to just go to the Treo Roadshow and get the 650 for $350 bucks. There a show tomorrow in Boston and then one in NYC:

http://treoroadshow.com/

Btw, sms me if you wanna chat!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Alas, I cannot make it to Boston after all (work is crazy). Though if I knew that they actually had them boxed up and ready to hand out, I'd probably do whatever it took to make it out there. At this point, I'm also sort of anxious to get one as soon as possible and am trying to gauge who will actually have them first. I was on the fence about going for the palmOne upgrade offer (free headset) since the chat session yesterday seemed to indicate that they might be the first to ship, but now it sounds like they're saying they'll have a 2-3 week delay. I suspect that my best bet may be to wait to see if Best Buy or Sprint gets some within a week.

Getting back to this particular dealer, get a load of some of the text at the bottom of one of their pages...
    YouNeverCall was created to provide businesses of any size with competitive complete cellular solutions. We often offer cheapest prices, and always offer excellent service, solving problems for our customers with lightening speed. We supply the complete mobile phone needs of businesses and public organizations with plans including pooled minutes, bulk equipment orders, and the best available variety of PDA handsets from RIM Blackberry, PalmOne Treo 650 (formerly Handspring).

We currently offer brand new high-quality PDA Phones like Treo 650. We also have the popular Windows-based PDA with Bluetooth, Wifi and GPRS: the HP iPAQ 6315. We also outfit many organizations with the free RIM Blackberry 6710. Our staff is happy to talk to you and help you choose the best device and service for your needs. Please contact us with any questions you have about our services. You can always place your order directly by phone at 1-888-346-8313.

Like many of our customers we are very excited about Treo 650 launch by Sprint in time for the holiday season! The Treo 650 (Treo650) will be available here at YouNeverCall first! While many PDA Phones are well loved the Treo 650 and especially the Palm Treo 650 from Sprint is likely to be the most popular Quad-band Treo 650 PDA!
    Methinks they're trying to boost their Google rankings for searches on "Treo 650."

Scott
    Well, the show definitely was very insightful imo. It also was cool to actually hold a 650 instead of just seeing pics. One thing that I noticed as I held it was that the keys on the thumbboard felt and seemed soo much larger than on the 600. I specifically started thinking, "hey Scott would probably like this!!" Hehe... The way the thumbboard curves like a smile makes for larger keys and it doesn't feel like chicklets on your fingr tips anymore...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    Don't torture me.

I've been having a lot of fun with the Treo 600 that came as a free replacement for my wife's broken Treo 300 but I definitely hate the teensy-tiny thumbboard. I've been "getting by" but I can't help but think how much more enjoyable/useful it would be with a big comfy thumbboard. Nevertheless, the other features are making up for it and if the Treo 650's thumbboard is even just a little bit better, it will be much appreciated.

Scott
    What the hell were they talking about? Sprint's T650 is quad-band? I don't think so. There is not even a quad band Sprint phone in production. The 650 will be digital dual band, working on 800 MHz CDMA and 1900 MHz CDMA. Also, I used to work for a retailer that sold Sprint phones. There is a clause that states you must return a phone to the retailer if you received a rebate and cancelled service within 180 days, but I REALLY DON'T THINK Sprint has a way to track whether or not a phone has been returned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    .... I don't really give out my number; my wife is the main person calling me, so I don't mind cancelling our account altogether and signing up with a brand new account and getting entirely new phone numbers.
    Scott
    You don't have to change phone numbers to change providers.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndon_h
    You don't have to change phone numbers to change providers.
    I'm talking about staying with the same provider (Sprint).

Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    What the hell were they talking about? Sprint's T650 is quad-band? I don't think so. There is not even a quad band Sprint phone in production. The 650 will be digital dual band, working on 800 MHz CDMA and 1900 MHz CDMA. Also, I used to work for a retailer that sold Sprint phones. There is a clause that states you must return a phone to the retailer if you received a rebate and cancelled service within 180 days, but I REALLY DON'T THINK Sprint has a way to track whether or not a phone has been returned.
    Your right..atleast from my experience. I have 2 treo 600s. I'll leave it at that!!! LOL

IGO
    Last edited by IGoDwnTwn34; 11/11/2004 at 08:14 AM.
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Hi guys,

We at http://www.younevercall.com are still offering the Sprint and Cingular Treo 650's
    And yes, we do have extraneous text at the bottom of our page - it is an experiment in SEOSEOSEO!

regards,
    sam michelson